Update for April 29 – May 4, 2013
Go directly to: News & Views | Join our Networks | Resort Events | Refurbishments and Attraction Closures | Discounts and Promotions | Comments
Kick off summer with a Monstrous Summer All-Nighter at Magic Kingdom | May the Fourth Be With You - Limited Time Magic Star Wars event | New races, challenges and medals for 2014 Princess Half Marathon Weekend | Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade Coming to Magic Kingdom in 2014 | What's New in Walt Disney World Resort Dining | New details revealed about the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opening at the Magic Kingdom | Construction notes | Quick takes | Crowd update
Call it one more One More Disney Day.
Disney is throwing another 24-hour party, this time to kick off its Monstrous Summer promotion. The Monstrous Summer All-Nighter starts 6:00 a.m. Friday, May 24 and runs 24 hours until 6:00 a.m. Saturday, May 25. At Walt Disney World, the party is again inside Magic Kingdom park. However, the Disneyland Resort seems to have learned some important lessons from the chaotic Leap Day party, and is opening both Disneyland and Disney California Adventure park for this event.
Following the massive Cars Land opening in 2012, and with the new Fantasyland already open in Florida, it's not surprising that this summer's promotion is a little understated. The Monstrous Summer promo is tied to the June 21 release of "Monsters University," the college prequel to "Monsters, Inc." We don't have a lot of details about what Disney is planning for this Monstrous Summer All-Nighter, but given that this event falls on Memorial Day weekend, you can expect it to be just a wee bit crowded. Here's the official press release:
Our first-ever, three-park all-night party is happening at the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park in California. The parks will stay open from 6 a.m., May 24 to 6 a.m., May 25, 2013, local time.
- In Florida, Magic Kingdom Park will feature a "Monsters University" theme where Mike and Sulley will be the Grand Marshals of the "Celebrate a Dream Come True" day parade and make appearances in Tomorrowland. There will be extra entertainment throughout the day and night, including characters in their pajamas in Town Square during the late night and early morning, and late-night dance parties in and around the courtyard of Cinderella Castle.
- In California, you'll be able to party the night away at both parks with special entertainment including: a "Monsters University" "TLT Monstrous" Dance Club and Star Wars characters in Tomorrowland and late-night Character Pajama Party in Mickey's ToonTown at Disneyland park. The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre at Disneyland park will become a Royal Dance Hall late at night with a live band and dancing; and guests of Disney California Adventure park will find Monstrous photo opportunities with new "Monsters University" "Dorms" in Hollywood Land and a new "Monsters University" float leading the Pixar Play Parade.
Following the 24-hour party, Magic Kindgom will close for three hours of cleaning and reset, and is scheduled to welcome guests back into the park starting at at 9am Saturday, May 25
MousePlanet was at Disneyland for the entire 24-hour party in 2012, and we plan to cover the event live once again. Planning to attend either party? Here are some tips:
- Read our hourly coverage from the parks as well as the after-party recap from last year's event so you know what to expect. Given the timing of this event, the Magic Kingdom version may look a lot more like the crowded 2012 Disneyland event than the first relatively calm Florida version.
- Show up early and get a locker inside Magic Kingdom, or have a friend who is going early to get one for you. Lockers were hot commodities in the 2012 event, and sold out early at Disneyland. In the event of a late-night main entrance closure, you don't want to be on the wrong side of the gate from your warm clothes.
- Better yet, bring a backpack. That way you can park-hop without worrying where your stuff is.
- Make priority seating reservations well in advance—walk-up reservations were impossible to find during the last party. This is a great opportunity to enjoy breakfast at restaurants that don't usually serve that meal.
- Consider getting a hotel room. There are a lot of benefits to having a nearby place to rest, even if it's just for a few hours after the parks close and before check-out time. Resort Hotel guests have more protections in the event of a partial main entrance closure, and will be among the last to be locked out if either park is closed.
After Disneyland embraced the fan-created Dapper Day earlier this year, Walt Disney World is taking a fan-created "holiday" from the Star Wars universe and celebrating May the Fourth Be With You at Disney's Hollywood Studios this Saturday, May 4. Here's the announcement from the Disney Parks blog:
Separate from our month-long Star Wars Weekends special event (which begins May 17), this "Limited Time Magic" celebration features special Star Wars entertainment, characters, commemorative merchandise, a Star Wars dance party and a Star Wars-themed fireworks show to cap off the day.
You might even find yourself sitting next to Chewbacca aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue. Star Wars characters will make surprise appearances on the 3-D attraction to enjoy the wild journey through space alongside park guests.
A special edition of Jedi Training Academy also is planned that day, with parents invited to join their children (ages 4-12, sign-ups required on first-come basis) on-stage for the training and final showdown with the Empire.
When the sun goes down, galactic fun lights the night as Lobot (from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back) takes over as DJ for a dance party that will be highlighted by a special Star Wars fireworks show.
"May the Fourth Be With You" "Limited Time Magic" park activities and shows are included in regular admission to Disney's Hollywood Studios.
A tentative schedule for the event is posted on the StudiosCentral.com blog. Even with all of the extra sessions of Jedi Training Academy added to accommodate all of the families who want to train together, we strongly advise potential Padawans to visit the former Sounds Dangerous theater near the Indiana Jones Stunt Show to sign up first thing in the morning.
This event falls on the same day as the Expedition Everest Challenge at Animal Kingdom park, but the timing of the two events makes it impossible for fans to see the fireworks at Hollywood Studios at 9:45 p.m. and make to the start line at Animal Kingdom at 10 p.m.
Jeff Kober notes that while May 4 is traditionally considered a holiday for Star Wars fans to celebrate the film franchise in the larger community, the phrase, "May the Fourth Be with You" actually comes from politics. After Margaret Thatcher was elected Britain's first female prime minister on May 4, 1979, her party placed an advertisement bearing that phrase in a local newspaper to congratulate her.
Considering the swift sell-out of the (6.2-mile) 10-kilometer fun runs added to the 2013 Disneyland Half Marathon weekend and the 2014 Walt Disney World Marathon weekend, it's no surprise that runDisney has announced a new Princess 10K for the 2014 Princess Half Marathon weekend. They've also created a new Glass Slipper Challenge for those who want to run both the 10K and the half-marathon, giving runners the opportunity to earn three medals by completing both races.
runDisney has also created a new pink-hued Coast to Coast medal to entice runners to complete both the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in Disneyland and the Princess Half Marathon in Walt Disney World. Since runDisney has a policy that runners can only earn one Coast to Coast medal in a given calendar year, people who have already registered for a 2014 Walt Disney World half-marathon or marathon and had planned to run the Tinker Bell half the next week are asking what they need do to earn the new pink Coast to Coast medal—decline the C2C at Tink and wait until the Princess Half to claim their prize? We've reached out to runDisney for clarification, and will share their response when we recieve it.
Meanwhile, runDisney has said registration for the 2014 Princess Half Marathon will open on June 11. At the same time, Disney is offering a limited number of spots for runners who commit to both the Princess and Tinker Bell half marathons. Disney says "second chance" registration for Tinker Bell opens on July 9. Runners looking to secure a spot at the Tinker Bell race should make note—the July 9 registration is second chance. If you aren't ready to commit to both races and register in June, you need to plan to be at your computer the morning of July 9 to register before the race sells out. No word if Disney is planning to add a 10K to the Tinker Bell weekend, but at this point it seems almost a given.
During last week's Monstrous Summer media event, Walt Disney World announced that a new daytime parade will debut at Magic Kingdom next year. There are very few details in the very brief press release, but Disney did provide concept images of three of the new floats:
"A new daytime parade, the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade, will march into Magic Kingdom in spring 2014. The Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade will bring the magical stories of New Fantasyland to Main Street, U.S.A., through fantastic and innovative new parade floats, vibrant costumes, and an original soundtrack that will feature beloved songs from favorite Disney films, plus a new parade theme song."
L'Artisan des Glaces comes to Epcot's France in June
by Jeff Kober
In the wake of the successful opening of the Les Halles Bakery in France at Epcot comes a new food and beverage experience. In the space formerly occupied and titled as the Boulangerie Patisserie, Disney will soon open an ice cream shop titled L'Artisan des Glaces, Artisan Ice Cream & Sorbet. The newly renovated space opens in early to mid-June.
General Manager Eric Weistroffer noted that there will be 16 flavors—10 ice creams and six sorbets. Like the breads at the bakery, the ice creams will be made there at Epcot with fresh ingredients. Guests will have a choice of one or two scoops, with a variety of unique sundae toppings including Grand Marnier or a French rum from Martinique.
Weistroffer also helped open Les Halles Bakery a few months ago, and recommends it as a perfect breakfast location for hotel guests Disney's Yacht & Beach Club or Disney's Boardwalk Resort. Les Halles opens at 9:00 a.m. along with Future World, so visitors can stop for some espresso and a croissant to enjoy the quiet and peaceful early hours before the rest of World Showcase opens.
A New California Grill is Born
The California Grill, sitting atop Disney's Contemporary Resort, will soon have a new dining room and onstage menu. Designed by the Puccini Group in San Francisco, the spacious restaurant will still offer spectacular views from every table. When it originally opened, Disney's California Grill set the precedent for providing contemporary, fine dining experiences at Walt Disney World.
There will be new labels in the wine cellar, and all will be displayed in a new wine vault visible to the guests as they enter the California Grill. Many of the culinary favorites are being kept, but are being updated. Patrons will still enjoy popular choices such as the filet or pork tenderloin, but Chef Brian Piasecki will be tweaking them to making them as creative, fresh and seasonal as possible. Top-of-the-line sushi will also still be featured.
For those looking for group dining, the Napa and Sonoma rooms are being updated as well. And for the right price, you can buy out the restaurant. Late summer is the approximate date for opening.
Introducing Marcum's and Tyler's at Golden Oak Ranch
A great dream to many Disney fans is the possibility of living on Disney property. The Golden Oak at Walt Disney World offers such an experience. Part of the amenities of this experience is the availability of the Golden Oak Clubhouse. And now it has a new restaurant and lounge opening soon: Marcum's and Tyler's.
Marcum's is named after Marty Marcum III, who was the wealthy city boy that became long-time friends with Spin in the Mickey Mouse Club serial, Spin and Marty. Walt used the Golden Oak Ranch for the first time to film Spin and Marty in their adventures at the Triple R Ranch. It was the first show Disney did on the ranch.
Walt must have liked the ranch because on March 11, 1959, he purchased the 315-acre ranch for $300,000. The first movie he made there was "Toby Tyler or Ten Weeks With a Circus." That's where the name of the lounge comes from, played by actor Kevin Corcoran
The new restaurant for residents of Golden Oak will open late summer. This intimate eatery will only be 81 seats. It will be a high-end experience, but will make it a personalized experience. This means you can ask for a turkey sandwich, or for California Grill-style dining as well. The restaurant will only be opened to residents and their guests, where they may enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner.
You can find out more about the history of the Golden Oak Ranch studios from our own Jim Korkis.
by Jeff Kober
Imagineers unveiled further details regarding The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train opening in 2014. While no set date for opening was announced, there were additional insights provided about this family-style coaster with its first-of-its-kind train of ride vehicles mounted in cradle-like pivots that allow the cars to swing back and forth during the ride. Of note was the following:
- Strolling through the forest glen, guests waiting in the queue will pass by, but not enter, the Seven Dwarf Cottage. It is, however, part of the ride experience.
- The height restrictions are yet to be determined, though it will include "the majority of the family."
- Boarding the ride vehicles will largely take place as you enter the mine.
- There is no specific character meet-and-greet dedicated to this attraction.
- Existing characters from Snow White's Scary Adventures will be added and updated, but there will be new characters as well.
- There will be all new effects that will be part of this attraction and will hopefully be a step above the Under The Sea attraction.
- Mature and new foliage will be added to the experience to immerse guests as they enter this area.
- There is no retail experience planned in conjunction with this attraction. However, on the back side of the mountain, further additions will be added as part of Prince Eric's village. What part of this is food and beverage, and what part is retail, remains to be seen.
It's been noted prior that the length of this ride with its two lifts is somewhere between Goofy's Barnstormer (one lift) and Big Thunder Mountain (with three lifts). The attraction is considered the "grand finale" of the New Fantasyland.
Some notable construction permits filed this week:
- General construction on the Sassagoula Bridge and many of the bus stops at the Port Orleans resort.
- Work on the main and International Gateway entrances to Epcot, and the Hollywood Studios main gate.
- General carpentry on the Kilimanjaro Safari queue in Animal Kingdom.
- A Sorcerer Mickey Meet and Greet, though the exact location is unclear. The address actually resolves to the official Photopass mailing address.
...UK resident and faithful MousePlanet reader Scoobydooby has alerted us that the 2014 Free Dining offers for UK residents have been released. From the information posted on the Virgin Holidays website, it appears the 2014 program offers free Quick Service Dining Plan plan when booking at a Moderate resort, and free Dining Plan when booking at Deluxe resorts, Old Key West or Saratoga Springs. There are also offers for a free $200 Disney Gift Card and/or a 14-day ticket for the price of a 7-day ticket depending on travel dates. These particular offers are valid for UK residents only.
...The BoardWalk Bakery has reopened at Disney's Boardwalk Resort, with a vastly expanded interior and new menu. We'll have a full update of the changes in an upcoming post, but the Disney Food Blog posted a sneak peek from reopening day.
...A Pirates Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas interactive game is nearing the official opening date, and some Magic Kingdom visitors were able to get a peek during previews last week. MousePlanet's Jeff Kober is eagerly awaiting a chance to experience the game when it opens, as well as the Wilderness Explorers interactive game coming to Animal Kingdom.
...Florida television station WFTV reported last week that Walt Disney World has issued at least 76 "tresspass warnings" in the past year to registered sex offenders, notifying them that they are not permitted on Disney property. One of the people interviewed for the story is a registered sex offender who was recently given the tresspass warning after trying to renew an annual passport. The article speculates that Disney is matching guest data to state sex offender registries. Disney declined to be interviewed for the article, but issued a statement to the station saying, "While we do not share specific details of our security procedures, we are constantly strengthening our efforts so we can promote a safe environment for all our guests."
Are you interested in writing for MousePlanet? We're currently looking for columnists to bring cover new areas of the Disney universe. We're especially looking for Florida locals to provide photos and information for the weekly Walt Disney World Update
If you are interested in contributing to the weekly Updates, or you have an idea for a great new column, please contact us—we'd love to hear from you!
Crowd information and forecasts are provided by TouringPlans.com, the website of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, to help you better plan your trip to the Walt Disney World Resort. TouringPlans.com gathers wait time data from a team of in-park researchers and users of their Lines mobile phone application, and then predicts crowd levels for the next 365 days. Using a scale from 1 to 10, TouringPlans.com has a 90 percent accuracy of predicting the crowds to within 1 point, helping visitors prepare for their trips so they can "Do more. Wait less."
Join our networks
Don't keep it to yourself! Send us your news tips, rumors, and comments. Email Adrienne here.
Talk about these stories and more on our Walt Disney World discussion forum here.
- Now through May 19: Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
- May 4: Expedition Everest Challenge.
- May 17–June 9: Star Wars Weekends.
- EasyWDW.com reports that Disney Hollywood Studios will close at 6 p.m. on October 26 due to a private event for the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- September 6–7: Night of Joy.
- September 27 to November 10: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- October 4–5: Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend.
- November 8–9: Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend.
- November 16–17: MouseAdventure World Explorers V. Keep an eye on our MouseAdventure Facebook page, and register for our MouseAdventure Newsletters for more details as they are announced.
- January 9–12: Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend.
- February 21–23: Disney's Princess Half Marathon Weekend.
An update on upcoming runDisney events and their registration statuses:
- Expedition Everest Challenge (May 4, 2013) – Sold out: The Challenge and the Family Edition. Still available: Kids Races for kids ages 4 to 10 and tickets for the pre-race picnic and the post-race party.
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend (October 4–5, 2013) – Registration is open for the Tower of Terror 10-Miler, Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run, Kids Races, Disney Villains Hollywood Bash. The 10-Miler is now 75 percent full.
- Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend (November 8–9, 2013) – Registration is open for Wine & Dine Half Marathon, Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K, Kids' Races, Wine & Dine Finish Line Party). The half marathon is now at 75 percent full.
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend (January 9–12, 2014) – Sold out: WDW 10K, Disney Family Fun Run 5K, Dopey Challenge, Runner's World Challenge. Registration is open for the Walt Disney World Marathon (54 percent full), Walt Disney World Half Marathon (71 percent full), Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge (58 percent full), Family Reunion Breakfast, Pasta in the Park Party.
- Disney's Princess Half-Marathon Weekend (February 21–23, 2014) – Registration opens on Tuesday, June 11. Events include Disney's Princess Half Marathon individual and team events, Disney Royal Family 5K, Kids Races, post-5K Breakfast, and Pasta in the Park Party.
Do you participate in (or are considering signing up for) runDisney events? Visit our Team MousePlanet forum on the MousePad discussion board, where you can join our community of health-minded readers and staff.
- Snow White's Scary Adventures – closed permanently for conversion to Princess Fairytale Hall.
- Main Street Bakery – closed through May 18 for conversion to Starbucks location.
- Mad Tea Party – closed April 10 through May 21 for refurbishment.
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress – closed May 13–15 for refurbishment.
- Cinderella's Royal Table – closed May 13–16 for refurbishment.
- Prince Charming Regal Carousel – closed May 28 through June 10 for refurbishment.
- Pirates of the Caribbean – closed June 17–20 for refurbishment.
- Princess Fairytale Hall – opens 2013.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – opens 2014.
- Fountain View Ice Cream – closed April 8 through early August for conversion to Starbucks location.
- France pavilion ice cream shop – scheduled to open June, 2013 in location of former bakery.
- New restroom between America and Japan pavilions – scheduled to open Fall 2013.
- No known refurbishments, but both parades (Disney Channel Rocks and Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade) have ended their run. No new parades have been announced.
- No known refurbishments.
- Disney's Contemporary Resort – California Grill closed through late summer for refurbishment.
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa – Beach area closed through mid-June for refurbishment.
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa – Beach pool slide closed May 27 to June 1 for refurbishment, and the entire Beach pool area closed May 30 to June 1. The Courtyard pool will remain open.
- Disney's Pop Century Resort – Hippy Dippy Kiddy Pool refurbishment April 1–26.
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa – Spa closed through summer for conversion to Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort. The spa at the Grand Floridian is open during this time.
- Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa – Grandstand pool closed May 13–31 for refurbishment. The High Rock Springs Pool will be open.
- No known refurbishments.
Cirque du Soleil La Nouba – performs Tuesdays through Saturdays. Will not be performed on the following dates in 2013:
- May 14–18
- May 21–25
- July 23
- September 17–21
- November 5–6
Disney Visa Cardholder room discounts for June 13 through August 14
A Disney Visa Cardholder discount is available for most dates June 13 through August 14. The new promotion offers discounts of 5% - 30% off room-only bookings, with the option of adding non-discounted tickets and dining plans if desired. Rooms must be booked by June 14, 2013 to qualify.
As with all discounts, rooms available at these rates is limited, and minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. No group rates or other discounts apply. Suites, three-bedroom Grand Villas, and standard rooms at Disney's Art of Animation Resort are not included. Discounts vary by accommodation type and date, and availability varies by date. Discount percentages shown below are on room only. You can add non-discounted tickets and dining.
|Resort Category||Resort Name||Discount|
|Value Resorts||All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Pop Century, Art of Animation Suites – 15%||15%|
|Art of Animation Suites only (Standard Mermaid Rooms are not included)||15%|
|Moderate Resorts||Disney's Riverside, Coronado Springs Caribbean Beach||20%|
|Disney's French Quarter||15%|
|Disney's Coronado Springs Suites||5%|
|Deluxe Resorts||Disney's Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Yacht Club, Beach Club, BoardWalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge||30%|
|Disney's Wilderness Lodge||20%|
|Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Club Level||5%|
|Disney's Deluxe Resort Suites – limited availability||5%|
|Disney Vacation Club Resorts||Disney's Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Villas||30%|
|Disney's Villas at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani and Jambo House)||5%|
|Disney's Villas at the Wilderness Lodge||20%|
|Disney Vacation Club Grand Villas are not included||0%|
Thanks to MousePlanet sponsor Small World Vacations for the information.
Passholder room discounts for April through early June
A Passholder discount is available for most dates April 2 through June 3. Passholders can book this discount through the day of arrival if rooms are still available. The discount is a two-level discount, with a lower price per room if the room is booked by March 31.
As with all discounts, rooms available at these rates is limited, and minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. No group rates or other discounts apply. Suites, three-bedroom Grand Villas, and standard rooms at Disney's Art of Animation Resort are not included. Discounts vary by accommodation type and date, and availability varies by date.
You can make your reservation through the Walt Disney World Passholder website or by calling (407) 939-7926 or your favorite travel agent. MousePlanet's preferred Disney travel providers are MouseEarVacations.com (link), Small World Vacations (link) and Get Away Today (link).
Florida residents get special discount tickets through June
Florida residents can get discounted three- or four-day tickets through early June. The Discover Disney ticket provides three days of base admission for $119 plus tax, or four days for $129 plus tax. The Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun & More Options can be added for just $28.50 each, plus tax. The tickets are priced the same for adults and children.
Tickets are available for purchase from now through June 3, and may be used through June 7. Passes may not be used during the Easter peak weeks from March 23 through April 5.
For more information or to purchase tickets, check out the special deal website or call (407) 939-1283.
Florida resident hotel offers
The Waldorf Astoria Orlando has announced Florida resident rates valid through September 5, 2013. Residents will receive 10% off of the best available rate, along with free transportation to the Walt Disney World Resort. Book using the Florida Resident offer website.
The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort has announced Florida resident rates valid through September 5, 2013. Residents will receive 10% off of the best available rate, along with free transportation to the Walt Disney World Resort. Book using the Florida Resident offer website.
PhotoPass+ pre-arrival discount
Disney's PhotoPass service provides a discount on Disney PhotoPass+ pre-arrival packages. For $149.95 plus tax, Walt Disney World guests receive a voucher to exchange for a PhotoPass+ card upon arrival at the resort, a Photo Gallery CD with more than 400 stock photos ($39.95 value), a unique code to create and order a photo CD upon return from their trip ($169.95 value), print packages at select dining locations ($29.95 value each), and digital photos from select attractions ($14.95 value each). Applicable taxes are charged to all orders.
This special offer is only available from this link or by calling the Guest Support line at (407) 560-4300 before you arrive at Walt Disney World Resort. All sales are final, and not eligible for an exchange or refund.
The package might take as long as 14 days to arrive, and you must bring your voucher from the package to redeem it, so make sure that you order far enough in advance to allow your materials to arrive.
Attractions currently participating in the program are Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, and Dinosaur. Current participating restaurants are 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Chef Mickey's, Cinderella's Royal Table, Tusker House Restaurant, Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, and Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.
2013 Military Salute offers
From now through September 28, 2013, active and retired U.S. military personnel can purchase 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets with either the Park Hopper or Water Parks Fun and More option for $156 per ticket, plus tax (up from $138 last year), or with both the Park Hopper and Water Parks Fun and More options for $184 per ticket, plus tax (up from $165). No Base ticket is available with this offer.
These tickets expire after September 28. Blockout dates are March 24 through April 4 at all ticketed locations, and July 4 at Magic Kingdom park only.
Eligible service members include active or retired members of the U.S. military including the U.S. Coast Guard, National Guard, and Reservists. Disney Military Promotional Tickets can be purchased at Shades of Green or at a participating military base (MWR/ITT) office. There is no tax charged for these tickets but they must be activated at a theme park ticket window. Tickets may also be purchased at Walt Disney World Park Ticket Offices and Guest Relations Offices where tax will be charged. Tickets may be purchased by active and retired military personnel for themselves and up to five additional family members or friends. One of the Disney four-Day Military Promotional Tickets purchased on each occasion must be for use by the Eligible Service Member or spouse. This offer is for active or retired members of the U.S. military, including the National Guard, Reservists and the U.S. Coast Guard. Valid military identification is required. The tickets are non-transferable and may not be resold.
You may upgrade the tickets to Seasonal Passes or Florida Resident Weekday Select Passes (for Florida Residents), or Annual Passes, Premium Annual Passes, or Disney Premier Pass with credit toward the upgrade based on the actual price paid. The no-expiration option and other upgrades, such as additional days, are not available.
In addition, specially priced rooms are available to active and retired U.S. military personnel at select Walt Disney World resorts for stays most nights through September 28.
For complete information regarding Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets and discounted resort rates, military personnel may call (407) 939-7830, visit the Walt Disney World website, or participating U.S. military base ticket offices.