Go directly to: News & Views | Current Refurbishment/Attraction Closures | Park Events | Discounts/Promotions | Park Schedule/Blockout Dates
An abbreviated update
This week's Disneyland Resort update is unusually abbreviated. Several MousePlanet staff members made the trip to Florida for MouseFest.
A window for Fess, take 2
In last week's update, we reported that Fess Parker would be honored with a personalized window in Frontierland. Unfortunately, we reported an incorrect date. The ceremony is this Wednesday, December 15, at 10:00 a.m. We regret the error.
'Tis the season and the candymakers at Main Street, U.S.A.'s Candy Palace are back to making their jumbo candy canes. Getting one, though, is more a feat of luck than anything else. They only make one batch at a time, which takes about two hours, and people line up waiting for them to finish. The 45-cane batch sells out almost immediately. If you want to try, though, they should be making their next batch on Thursday, December 16.
A batch of jumbo candy canes cooling. These sell out in just minutes. Photo by Lisa Perkis.
Ears to the ground
Although Disney has not yet released a rendering of the design, we have learned that Disneyland's float entry for the 2005 Tournament of Roses Parade is a model of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
One of the new gingerbread men in the Christmas parade. Photo by Lisa Perkis.
Candy Cane Fudge is back at Disneyland. The seasonal peppermint-flavored treat is made of broken candy canes and can be found throughout the resort, including at Greetings From California in Disney's California Adventure park, as well as the Candy Palace and Westward Ho Trading Co. in Disneyland.
Mr. Incredible greets guests in Disney California Adventure's Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Elastigirl is also making appearances. Photo by Lisa Perkis.
Got any interesting news or rumors? Contact us here.
Note: Disneyland is progressively refurbishing more and more attractions as the park readies for its 50th anniversary celebration in 2005.
- Fantasmic expected to return on December 17.
- Aladdin's Oasis closed through March 11, 2005.
- Plaza Pavilion closed through March 11, 2005.
- Enchanted Tiki Room closed through March 11, 2005.
- Space Mountain closed through November 2005.
- Sleeping Beauty Castle walk-through closed indefinitely; not listed on park maps or the Disneyland Web site.
Upcoming Disneyland closures
- Haunted Mansion closes January 323, 2005 to remove Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay.
- it's a small world closes January 1023, 2005 to remove the holiday overlay.
- Mark Twain Riverboat closes January 1728, 2005
- Mad Tea Partycloses January 24February 10, 2005
- Splash Mountaincloses January 24March 17, 2005
- Disneyland Railroadcloses January 31March 11, 2005
- Great Moments with Mr. Lincolncloses February 22 to install the 50th Anniversary exhibit in the Main Street Opera House.
Disney's California Adventure
Upcoming DCA closures
- Maliboomer reduced capacity (2 of 3 towers operating) January 322, 31 March 12, 2005.
- Jumpin' Jellyfish reduced capacity January 21 March 5, 2005.
Note: Refurbishment schedules are estimates only. All information is subject to change without notice. To get the most recent updates, call Disneyland at (714) 781-7290.
- Fess Parker window dedication ceremony. Dec. 15 at 10:00 am in Frontierland.
- Merriest Place on Earth Christmas decorations appear throughout the Disneyland resort. Through Jan. 2.
- Disneyland Resort float appears in Pasadena Tournament of Roses parade. Jan. 1.
- 75 InspEARations exhibitarrives at Disneyland. Jan. 10 Feb. 22.
- Chip & Dale's Wild Wild West Pin Adventure. Feb. 3 at Disneyland. Tickets on sale now (link).
- Indiana Jones Adventure 10th Anniversary event. March 3 at Disneyland. Tickets on sale now (link).
- MousePlanet's MouseAdventure event Tentatively Sunday, March 13 at Disneyland. Details to be announced. Want us to contact you when we open registration for this MouseAdventure event? Sign up for MouseAdventure Reminderer.
- Disneyland closed on May 4, 2005 to put the finishing touches on the 50th Anniversary celebration. DCA open on May 4.
- Disneyland's 50th Anniversary celebration begins May 5.
- 2005 Summer Pin Festival. June 24 Aug. 15, 2005 at the Disneyland Resort. No details have been announced (link).
- Disneyland 50th Anniversary special event. July 2005. No dates or details have been announced (link).
Costco City Pass promotion
Costco is offering a Southern California CityPass for $149.99 for adults, and $114.99 for children ages 3 to 9. The CityPass includes a three-day Disneyland Resort park hopper ticket, one-day admission to Knott's Berry Farm, one-day admission to SeaWorld in San Diego, and one-day admission to either the San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Wild Animal Park. The first admission must be used by March 31, 2005, and the pass expires 13 days after the first admission is used.
The tickets are available at Southern California Costco stores, or at the Costco Web site (link). You must be a Costco member to purchase the tickets, and a shipping fee applies to Internet orders.
Holiday Bring-a-Friend ticket
Disneyland Resort passholders can purchase one-day park hopper tickets for the same price as a one-day, one-park ticket. Limit five tickets per person, per day, with valid passport. Admission must be used on day of purchase. Effective through December 18.
Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder offers and promotions
- Purchase a commemorative 50th anniversary brick through December 31 to be placed in the esplanade between Disneyland and DCA, and receive a $50 discount off the regular price of $150. The special brick features a brass-toned medallion with the 50th anniversary logo.
- Get January AP rates at the Disneyland Resort, starting at $79 per night at Paradise Pier hotel. Promotion valid Sunday Thursday for arrivals January 2 31, 2005. Additional restrictions apply. Call 714-956-MICKEY (714-956-6425) to book.
- Receive a copy of The Disney Treasures book, worth $60, when applying for a Disney Visa card. The book is shipped after you uses the new account. Apply by phone at 1-800-640-5306, and mention card code 26FF.
- Save up to 20 percent on car rentals from Alamo Rent A Car and National Car Rental. Restrictions applyget full details and the necessary discount codes on the Annual Passholder Web site (link).
50th Anniversary Package (Happiest Homecoming on Earth!)
If you book a three-night resort stay at any of the Disneyland Resort hotels during the 50th anniversary promotion, your package includes a four-day Park Hopper ticket, a special 50th anniversary commemorative clock and a Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour.
The 50th Celebration Package is available only for three-night stays, with arrival dates through December 31, 2005. The package can be booked through the Disneyland Web site (link), or by calling (714) 520-5060.
AAA-Disney's Resort Magic Packages
AAA member can take advantage of these packages that include hotel nights and theme park tickets, along with extra amenities:
- Accommodations at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, the Disneyland Hotel, or Disney's Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Resort Hotel self-parking and Fitness Center access
- Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Ticket valid for entry into Disneyland park and Disney's California Adventure park with full park-hopping privileges
- Free ESPN Zone Arena Game Card $10 value (one per person)
- Collect Fastpass tickets for multiple attractions at one time.
- Preferred seating at a choice of select shows in DCA
- An exclusive Walt Disney Travel Company collectible pin and lanyard (one per person)
- An exclusive Walt Disney Travel Company California Fun Book (one per package)
- An exclusive Disneyland Resort Magical Pocket Guide (one per package)
Sample prices include:
AAA Disney's Resort Magic: Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel for two nights from $269/adult, $127/ages 10-17, $97/ages 3-9
AAA Disneyland Resort Good Neighbor Magic: Jolly Roger Hotel for two nights from $193/adult, $127/ages 10-17, $97/ages 3-9
These packages require a minimum two-night hotel stay, and are good for travel through December 23, 2004. You can book this package through your local AAA affiliate travel agent.
Disney's AAA Passport Plus Package 2004
If you don't need a hotel room, the Passport Plus Package offers AAA members a discount on Park Hopper tickets, and comes with extra benefits:
- Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Ticket
- $10 ESPN Zone Arena Game Card
- Preferred Seating at select shows in Disney's California Adventure Park
- California Diamond Fun Book (one per package)
- Free parking at Disneyland Resort Theme Parks
- 5-day: $129 (children: $99)
- 6-day: $159 (children: $129)
- 7-day: $184 (children: $149)
An additional handling fee of $10 is charged per mailing address. These tickets are available to AAA members only when purchased through AAA offices.
AAA ticket offers
For shorter stays, AAA offers 2- and 5-day tickets for the Disneyland Resort:
- 2-day adult Flex Passport $98 (children: $78)
- 5-day adult Flex Passport $129 (children: $99)
These tickets include free parking (the back of the passports note the free parking, so you will need the passport with you when you park your car).
The Southern California CityPass booklet includes admission to five separate entertainment options:
- 3-day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Ticket
- 1-day ticket to Sea World Adventure park
- 1-day ticket to either the world-famous San Diego Zoo or San Diego Wild Animal Park
- 1-day ticket to Knott's Theme Park (includes a free Knott's Berry Farm T-shirt with each child's City Pass)
The CityPass is $172 ($129 for children).
You can purchase the Southern California CityPass with Walt Disney Travel Company packages. Instead of the Disneyland Resort Park Hopper ticket currently included in California packages from the Walt Disney Travel Company, guests can select a Southern California city for an additional charge of $47 per pass ($32 per pass for children 3 through 9).
Note: The Southern California CityPass does not include the $10 ESPN Zone Arena Game Card, or the California package's feature that allows guests to collect multiple Fastpass tickets at once for free in advance.
DCA: Disney's California Adventure
Annual Pass blockout dates:
- SL Southern California Select Annual Pass.
- SC Southern California Annual Pass.
- DX Deluxe Annual Pass.
Entertainment schedule: Go directly to the Disneyland Resort schedule for this week at Disneyland.com here.