MouseStation 15 - All Your Dollar Are Belong To Us and MousePlanetWatch 15 news feed for April 19, 2007
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
MousePlanetWatch 15 run time 0:32:17
In the Walt Disney World news, sponsored by Small World Vacations, MousePlanet's preferred travel provider, all of the news came from this past Monday's Walt Disney World Park Update, and links to the various information reported can be found there.
- The information about the new recreation and dining options that will be added at the Kidani Village location of the Animal Kingdom Lodge are from the DVC web site.
All of the Disneyland news came from this past Tuesday's Disneyland Park Update, and links to the various information reported can be found there.
In The Walt Disney Company news, several stories have related links.
- First an update from the show: The free admission to Hong Kong Disneyland for children born in 1997 is actually a complimentary deluxe annual pass which must be applied for in person at the Hong Kong Disneyland ticket windows between May 15 and July 1, 2007. Bridge to Terabithia is now available for preorder from Amazon.com, in advance of its June 26 release.
- The 34 dresses in the Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings line of wedding gowns, along with information on upcoming trunk shows where the collection will be on display, can now be seen here.
- The High School Musical: The Concert CD + DVD and the High School Musical: The Concert Extreme Access Pass DVD are already available for pre-order from Amazon.com in anticipation of their May 1 and June 26 release dates, respectively.
- One additional note: Noticeably missing from the gathering were Susan Egan and Terrence Mann, who originated the roles of Belle and the Beast.
MouseStation 15 run time 1:24:49
Mike provided our Tip of the Week, reminding you that designated drivers can get a special wristband at Pleasure Island. While it ensures that you can't buy alcohol, it should get you a couple of free sodas and a big thanks for keeping your group safe.
All Your Dollar Are Belong To Us
In this week's feature, we discussed all of the things that Disney does to make sure that they get as many of your vacation dollars as possible, pulling lots of information from Mark's story last fall. The Wikipedia reference to the original source of the story's title is here.
- Magic Your Way ticket price grids are available both on the Walt Disney World park guide page and in every Walt Disney World Park Update.
- You can book your reservations with the free dining plan online now.
- You can add Disney's Magical Express to your reservation after you've already booked the trip.
- You can find out about PhotoMovies and PhotoBooks, as well as other cool products, at the Disney's PhotoPass web site.
This week's Featured Attraction is the Remember ... Dreams Come True nighttime spectacular at Disneyland Park.
This week's Ask the Kid segment featured a voicemail question submitted by Dave Welty of Temecula, CA, who asked what Mark's son's favorite Walt Disney World resort is. (He picked three: Saratoga Springs, Old Key West and BoardWalk.)
This week's Magical Moment was an update from Kim Barron, a special person that Mark and Mike met during MouseFest.
We had a bit of listener feedback this week regarding last week's discussion of Disney opening up the Fairy Tale Weddings program to same-sex commitment ceremonies. We discussed our poor choice of wording on some points last week, and apologize to anyone who may have been offended by it.
Don't forget that Mike is giving away his copy of Spectrobes for free to the first person to request through our podcast email address. Somebody ask for it. Please. He doesn't want it.
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the new MousePlanet CafePress store.
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email form or the toll-free feedback line. (We like when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play it on the show.)
Mark is once again participating in the March of Dimes WalkAmerica event. Please check out his pledge page for more information, or to donate. If you'd rather donate to other causes supported by folks in the Disney Internet community, Deb Wills (AllEarsNet) is raising money to fight breast cancer and Lou Mongello (Disney World Trivia) is raising money for the Starlight Starbright Foundation to send terminally-ill children to Walt Disney World.
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent and MouseAdventure tipster Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
This Podcast uses the following samples from Freesound
- By Walter_Odington, Office with Typing.wav
- By harri, photocopier_copying.mp3
- By infobandit, phone.wav
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the main podcast page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator.
Thanks for listening!