Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
MousePlanetWatch 16 run time 0:22:22
In the Walt Disney World news, sponsored by Small World Vacations, MousePlanet's preferred travel provider, all of the news came from this past Monday's Walt Disney World Park Update, and links to the various information reported can be found there.
- Congratulations to MousePlanet reader KennyThePirate and Inside the Magic podcast host Ricky Brigante for being among the winners of the Disney Dream Job contest at CareerBuilder.com!
There was no Disneyland Park Update this week, so there are a couple of links to pass along.
- Discussion of the tree limb that fell on a teenaged girl aboard the Jungle Cruise can be found here.
- Discussion of the crowds during the unusual hours due to the Travel Industry Pow-Wow can be found here.
- Information about the RV park reopening near Disneyland is located here, while information about a rezoning decision by the Anaheim City Council after the podcast was recorded can be found here.
- The Food & Wine Weekends menu for the Lucky Fortune Cookery can be found here.
In The Walt Disney Company news, several stories have related links.
- For pictures of the recalled Baby Einstein, go to the Consumer Product Safety Commission web site.
- There's more information available online about Pirates taking over Adventureland at Hong Kong Disneyland.
- The next movie coming out from Hollywood Pictures will be The Invisible, which comes out tomorrow.
MouseStation 16 run time 1:21:10
Mark's wife provided our Tip of the Week, recommending that you visit MouseGears in Epcot's Innoventions East instead of the Magic Kingdom's Emporium or Downtown Disney's World of Disney in order to get the largest selection while avoiding large crowds.
Meet the Guidebook Authors
In this week's feature, we play audio from a special Meet the Authors session aboard the Disney Wonder that Mike recorded during MouseFest. The session featured Jennifer and Dave Marx, creators of the Passporter series and authors of the Passporter guides to Walt Disney World, Disneyland and the Disney Cruise Line. Also on the panel was Deb Wills, co-author of Walt Disney World For Your Special Needs and the upcoming Open Mouse for Walt Disney World and the Disney Cruise Line: Easy Access Vacations for Travelers with Extra Challenges. The final member of the panel was Steve Barrett, author of the Hidden Mickeys Field Guide.
This week's Featured Attraction is Mike's favorite, Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
This week's Ask the Kid segment featured a listener question submitted by Julie, who asked Mark's 8-year-old son: If you had the opportunity to design a ride for Disneyworld, what would that ride be like and what would you call it?
This week's Magical Moment was a story from Traci, who experienced a wonderful moment with her autistic son's interaction with the White Rabbit at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.
Mike has found a sucker, er, we mean volunteer to take his copy of Spectrobes off of his hands, so no more requests, please.
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the new MousePlanet CafePress store.
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email form or the toll-free feedback line. (We like when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play it on the show.)
Mark is once again participating in the March of Dimes WalkAmerica event. This is the final week before the event, so if you were thinking of getting him a birthday present, please check out his pledge page for more information and to donate.
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent and MouseAdventure tipster Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
This Podcast uses the following samples from Freesound
- By Walter_Odington, Office with Typing.wav
- By harri, photocopier_copying.mp3
- By infobandit, phone.wav
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the main podcast page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator.
Thanks for listening!