Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
MousePlanetWatch 18 run time 0:35:37
In the Walt Disney World news, sponsored by Small World Vacations, MousePlanet's preferred travel provider, most of the news came from this past Monday's Walt Disney World Park Update, and links to the various information reported can be found there.
- In breaking news since the Update, Vice President of Epcot Brad Rex (who we interviewed back on MouseStation Episode 4)has left the company after 12 years to become Executive Vice President of Hilton Grand Vacations, and will be replaced by 29-year Disney veteran Jim MacPhee, who had been Walt Disney World's Vice President of Park Operations for Line of Business.
- Tickets for the Major League Baseball games at Disney's Wide World of Sports can be purchased at the Tickmaster web site.
In the Disneyland news, all of the news came from this past Monday's Disneyland Park Update, and links to the various information reported can be found there.
- Go here if you want to enter the lottery for Nemo Subs preview tickets.
- If you're interested in participating in the May 20 forklift upgrade of our Disneyland menus on the site, please email Tony Phoenix.
- MouseAdventure results can be found here.
In The Walt Disney Company news, several stories have related links.
- For the full story and lists related to the Top 25 Innovative Companies in the World, according to BusinessWeek, you can find in on the BusinessWeek web site.
- Disney announced last Wednesday that Susan Arnold has been elected to the Disney Board of Directors. Arnold is the vice chairman-P&G Beauty & Health, The Procter & Gamble Company.
- For the discount code for DVC members to see Tarzan on Broadway, go to the DVC members-only site, click on "Just for Members", then click "Member Publications", then, under "Vacation Magic E-mail Update, formerly Member Clubhouse", click "View the Latest Issue".
MouseStation 18 run time 1:34:32
Mike surprised Mark by telling him that he had provided the final donation to put Mark over the top in hitting his $4,000 goal in fundraising for the March of Dimes.
Mike and Mark provided our Tip of the Week, recommending that you keep a trip log and write a trip report about your trip. It's a great way to remember the small things about your trip, and it'll help you plan future trips. And if you post the trip report to MousePlanet's Trip Report Forums for trips to California, Florida and abroad, it'll help to entertain and inform other MousePlanet readers.
Featured topic: Kim Button interview and discussion of Walt Disney World's smoking ban
- You can buy Kim's book here.
- More information about the book is available on Kim's web site.
- Mike Scopa also reviewed Kim's book.
This week's Featured Attraction is Mission: Space at Epcot.
This week's Ask the Kid segment asked Mark's 8-year-old son: What is your favorite snack in all of Walt Disney World?
This week's Magical Moment was a story from Ricardo Ruiz, who shared some humor with an Outdoor Foods Cast Member who was working past the end of their shift at Disneyland.
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the new MousePlanet CafePress store.
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email form or the toll-free feedback line. (We like when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play it on the show.)
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent and MouseAdventure tipster Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the main podcast page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator.
Thanks for listening!