MousePlanetWatch 27 - news feed for July 12, 2007
MousePlanetWatch - Main podcast page)
Run time 0:36:25
Reminder: We have three separate feeds: one for MouseStation only, one for MousePlanetWatch only and one for both in a single feed. This way, you can subscribe to whichever combination you prefer.
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
In the Walt Disney World news, most of the news came from this past Monday's Walt Disney World Park Update, and links to the various information reported can be found there. Here are some quick links:
In the Disneyland news, some of the news came from this past Monday's Disneyland
Park Update. Here are some direct links to information from some of the
- The current list of available OCTA routes during the bus driver strike is on the OCTA Web site.
- An article on the Anaheim housing battle is in the Los Angeles Times.
- Meanwhile the Orange County Register has an article on the Garden Grove development, while the master plan for the InternationalWEST area is here.
- You can find the Finding Nemo "Virtual Lagoon" game on the Virtual Magic Kingdom web site.
- The original article about the Clydesdales in the Christmas Fantasy Parade is on the Langley Times web site.
- The announcement about the Shahram Nazeri concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall is here, while the ticketmaster page to purchase tickets for the concert is here.
- The Washington Post has more information about the National Geographic Museum "Maps: Tools for Adventure" exhibit.
- For more information about the Disneyland 52nd birthday/MousePlanet 7th birthday meet, check out this MousePad discussion thread.
In The Walt Disney Company news, several stories have related links.
- The new Hannah
Montana 2/Miley Cyrus CD has made 14-year-old Miley Cyrus to youngest
performer to ever have two #1 debut albums within one year.
- Is "Greek"
really the type of show that you'd expect Disney to put on the ABC Family
- Disney has renamed the newly-acquired Climax
Racing game software developer to Black Rock Studio (though the new
Black Rock web
site wasn't ready for the announcement).
- The Pirates of the Caribbean online
role-playing game has been delayed again, and Disney is now hoping to
have the game ready to go live by the time that the third Pirates movie
debuts on DVD.
Online is moving to an ad-supported model from a monthly-subscription
- Bob Zemeckis'
Digital animation studio will be doing a motion-capture version of A
Christmas Carol. Jim
Carrey will be portraying Ebenezer Scrooge, as well as all three ghosts
of Christmas. Rumor has Bob
Hoskins playing Fezziwig, but there have apparently been no confirmations
of even contract negotiations taking place yet.
- Keith David
(who has done many voices for Disney) has been signed to voice Dr. Facilier,
the villain in The
Princess and The Frog.
may have won its opening weekend, but it lost its opening week when the
first three days of Transformers
outdid the first seven days of the Pixar feature.
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email form or the toll-free feedback line. (We like when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play it on the show.)
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the new MousePlanet CafePress store.
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
You can subscribe to MousePlanetWatch from the main podcast page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator.
Thanks for listening!