MouseStation 62 - MousePlanetWatch news
Run time 0:38:06
Reminder: We have returned to a single feed, which includes all four weekly shows: Monday Short Subjects, Wednesday Featured Topics, Thursday MousePlanetWatch news and Friday Listener Feedback.
If you'd rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so that you can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email Magical Moment story form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
- There will indeed be a celebration of Epcot's 25th anniversary next Monday.
- Applications for the Disney World Moms panel were closed three weeks ahead of schedule when first the original cap and then the expanded cap for applications were met.
- Much dining news about Epcot restaurants was revealed, including changes at the Italy, Japan, China, Mexico and the United Kingdom pavilions.
- Prices at Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba are going up.
- Another cast member was arrested on charges of possessing child pornography, the third in three weeks. We asked whether we should continue to report these stories in the Park Update, and have received over 60 emails in the first day. Should we continue reporting these stories on the podcast? Let us know!
- Quick Takes:
- The National Treasures exhibit at the American Adventure pavilion opens tomorrow, and will be officially dedicated as part of Monday's anniversary celebration.
- The new High School Musical 2 caravan show replaced the old High School Musical caravan show at the Studios last Sunday.
- The 12th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival opens tomorrow.
This and other news can be found in this week's Walt Disney World Park Update.
- The big news around the Internet is the YouTube video of Pluto chasing a child around Disneyland. There's a spirited discussion of the video on our MousePad discussion forums. CBS2/KCAL9 also ran a "vox pops" story. There are several parody versions already on the Internet.
- Disneyland ticket prices went up last Friday. We have updated the Discounts and Promotions section of the Park Update, as well as the Disneyland Resort Park Guide page. MousePad members reported problems with the Disneyland web site following the price hike announcement.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas-themed Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay is now open. We weren't going to discuss it, but here's last year's coverage of Golden Screams at Disney's California Adventure.
- One of Disney's lawsuits against the Anaheim development project was dismissed by an Orange County judge, while the other one had hearings postponed.
- Orange County will soon get another area code, 647, overlaid on top of the 714 area code. You can see the area code boundaries here.
- As MousePlanet reported in January, July and August, Disney has announced the expansion of the Grand California hotel with 50 Disney Vacation Club units. The Orange County Register weighs in on the issues.
- Acording to the Orange County Business Journal, Red Lion is buying out the Radisson Maingate (reviews) near the main entrance to Disneyland.
- Celebrity blogger Just Jared has many photos of Harrison Ford and Callista Flockhart at Disneyland.
This and other news can be found in this week's Disneyland Park Update.
The Walt Disney Company News
- AOL and Disney have reached ageement on the streaming of ABC episodes on AOL Video.
- Vanessa Hudgens seems to leap from one crisis to another.
- Disney is reexamining the Disney Mobile business, and may kill off the underperforming business.
- Disney CFO Tom Staggs noted that the economic downturn hasn't hurt the parks business or advertising at ABC.
- According to Disney CEO Bob Iger, the domestic Disney resorts are on a pace to post record attendance this year.
- Iger also called the victory of Blu-ray in the high-definition DVD format war a "foregone conclusion."
- The Disney Cruise Line has officially opened an office at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Paperburg, Germany.
- Dream On Silly Dreamer is now available via the iTunes Music Store. We'll have producer Tony West and directory Dan Lund on a future MouseStation show.
- Three new Kingdom Hearts video games were announced at the Tokyo Game Show 2007.
- Disney won some major acting awards at last week's Emmy Awards, but not many others.
- Michael Eisner finally has his baseball cards, as the shareholders of The Topps Co. approved a buyout by Eisner's Tornante Co. investment form and Madison Dearborn Partners LLC.
- The release of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has been pushed back a year, to May 2010.
- The release of The Game Plan can't come soon enough for Disney, as the company last week only has its films on very few screens.
- Forbes released its list of the 400 richest Americans. Unsurprisingly, top Disney shareholder (and Apple head) Steve Jobs is on the list at #56. Roy Disney is on the list at #361, as is former Disney exec (now eBay head) Meg Whitman.
Please weigh in on the idea of returning to a single feed via email or by calling our toll-free feedback line at 1-866-939-2278. Don't forget that we love voicemails because then we can put your voice on the show!
We also wanted to remind you that we have now scheduled our MouseFest meet for the podcasts. The MouseStation Hustle-tini Meet will begin at 5:30 p.m. at Classic Concoctions in the Everything Pop food court at Disney's Pop Century Resort for Bluetinis to get our nerve up to get up and boogie. We'll make sure that we're in the lobby before 6 p.m. so that we can do The Hustle, then return to Classic Concoctions or elsewhere to record some more for the podcast. For more information on the Hustle-tini or any other MousePlanet-sponsored meet at MouseFest, check out our MouseFest information page.
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating!
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast