MouseStation 62 - MousePlanetWatch news
MousePlanetWatch - Main podcast page
- Subscribe - Podcast
Run time 0:38:06
Reminder: We have returned to a single
feed, which includes all four weekly shows: Monday Short Subjects, Wednesday
Featured Topics, Thursday MousePlanetWatch news and Friday Listener Feedback.
If you'd rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so
that you can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click
here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload
the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback
form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278).
You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and
possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can
either use our email Magical Moment story
form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice
mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
- There will indeed be a celebration
of Epcot's 25th anniversary next Monday.
- Applications for the Disney World Moms panel were
closed three weeks ahead of schedule when first the original cap and
then the expanded cap for applications were met.
- Much dining news about
Epcot restaurants was revealed, including changes at the Italy, Japan, China,
Mexico and the United Kingdom pavilions.
- Prices at Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba are going
- Another cast member was arrested on charges of possessing child pornography,
the third in three weeks. We asked whether we should continue to report
these stories in the Park Update, and have received over 60 emails in the
first day. Should we continue reporting these stories on the podcast? Let
- Quick Takes:
- The National Treasures exhibit at the American Adventure pavilion
opens tomorrow, and will be officially dedicated as part of Monday's
- The new High School Musical 2 caravan show replaced the old High School
Musical caravan show at the Studios last Sunday.
- The 12th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival opens
This and other news can be found in this week's Walt
Disney World Park Update.
This and other news can be found in this week's Disneyland
The Walt Disney Company News
- AOL and Disney have
reached ageement on the streaming of ABC episodes on AOL Video.
- Vanessa Hudgens seems to leap from one
crisis to another.
- Disney is reexamining the Disney
Mobile business, and may kill off the underperforming business.
- Disney CFO Tom Staggs noted that the economic downturn hasn't
hurt the parks business or advertising at ABC.
- According to Disney CEO Bob Iger, the domestic Disney resorts are on a
pace to post record
attendance this year.
- Iger also called the victory of Blu-ray in the high-definition DVD format
war a "foregone
- The Disney Cruise Line has officially opened an office at the Meyer Werft
shipyard in Paperburg, Germany.
- Dream On
Silly Dreamer is now available via the iTunes Music Store. We'll have
producer Tony West and directory Dan Lund on a future MouseStation show.
- Three new Kingdom Hearts video games were
announced at the Tokyo Game Show 2007.
- Disney won some major acting awards at last week's Emmy
Awards, but not many others.
- Michael Eisner finally has his baseball cards, as the shareholders of
The Topps Co. approved
a buyout by Eisner's Tornante Co. investment form and Madison Dearborn
- The release of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
been pushed back a year, to May 2010.
- The release of The Game Plan can't come soon enough for Disney, as the
company last week only has its films on very
- Forbes released its list of the 400
richest Americans. Unsurprisingly, top Disney shareholder (and Apple
head) Steve Jobs is on the list at #56. Roy Disney is on the list at #361,
as is former Disney exec (now eBay head) Meg Whitman.
Please weigh in on the idea of returning to a single feed via email
or by calling our toll-free feedback line at 1-866-939-2278. Don't forget
that we love voicemails because then we can put your voice on the show!
We also wanted to remind you that we have now scheduled our MouseFest meet
for the podcasts. The MouseStation Hustle-tini Meet will begin at 5:30 p.m.
at Classic Concoctions in the Everything Pop food court at Disney's Pop Century
Resort for Bluetinis to get our nerve up to get up and boogie. We'll make
sure that we're in the lobby before 6 p.m. so that we can do The Hustle, then
return to Classic Concoctions or elsewhere to record some more for the podcast.
For more information on the Hustle-tini or any other MousePlanet-sponsored
meet at MouseFest, check out our MouseFest
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener
survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating!
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the MousePlanet
CafePress store and the brand-new MouseStation
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and
sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast