MouseStation 70 - MousePlanetWatch news
Run time 0:30:14
Reminder: We have returned to a single feed, which includes all four weekly shows: Monday Short Subjects, Wednesday Featured Topics, Thursday MousePlanetWatch news and Friday Listener Feedback.
If you'd rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so that you can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email Magical Moment story form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
Mike is still sick, so Mark introduced the show solo again.
- Disney announced a new 800-room resort to be built on the island of Oahu. The resort will be split between Disney Vacation Club rooms and standard hotel rooms.
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Vice President Dr. Beth Stevens has been promoted to Senior Vice President Environmental Affairs for Disney Worldwide Services.
- The Disney Cruise Line is adding on-board check-in for participating airlines, matching the service provided at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Several ports are looking to land the two new ships being built by the Disney Cruise Line.
- Yet another Disney cast member has been arrested on charges of attempting to have sex with a minor child.
- The Liberty Voices, a group that performs at Epcot as the Voices of Liberty, have announced a special reunion concert celebrating the group's 25 years. Everyone who has ever performed with the group is invited to join the massive sing at Faithworld on October 26.
- There are also loads of photos in the Update: construction photos of the Animal Kingdom Villas' Kidani Village annex, the "not-a-DVC-resort" adjacent to the Contemporary, and Mickey Avenue in front of the Toy Story Mania building; plus photos of the Osborne Lights being erected, the completed Jedi stage, the Epcot 25 exhibit, retro Epcot merchandise and more.
This and other news can be found in this week's Walt Disney World Park Update.
We've been summarizing just portions of the weekly Walt Disney World Park Update on each show because we had received feedback that you didn't want to hear the same thing that you already read on Monday, so we just hit the high points for those who hadn't read it. Please let us know if you would like us to continue as we have been, to start reading or summarizing the entire Update, or to just drop the Walt Disney World news entirely and only report corporate news.
- The Disney-backed Save Our Anaheim Resort (SOAR) made a push to seek support from Anaheim residents as it faces a competing A.V.E. initiative.
- Disney is finally moving forward with a Hawaii resort.
- Disney has announced more details about the Snow White anniversary event, including how to get tickets.
- Disneyland is now providing guide maps is foreight languages.
- The actual Park Update has more Halloween photot. These are in addition to the original Halloween photo tour.
- We were behind in reporting on the Princess breakfast at Ariel's Grotto in DCA.
- The free Disney character photo opportunity for Disney Rewards Card members has moved.
- Remember that only four dates of Mickey's Halloween Treat are still available. Buy tickets here. A trip report by MousePlanet reader cstephens about her trip to Mickey's Halloween Treat can be found here.
- Disney apparently needed to decide on the fly about what their current policy on portable ham radios in the park. It also makes you wonder about the Disney-branded Motorola FRS radios, which are no longer available new, though you can still get them on eBay, such as here and here.
- Disney has signed a deal with KB Home Community. They're also making possible a KB Home Magical Dream Sweepstakes.
- A video of the Toy Story zoetrope has been posted to YouTube.
- You can get a call from a Disney character with the purchase of a reservation package.
- Someone sent us a link to a video of a PeopleMover ride vehicle being delivered to its new home following its purchase at auction.
This and other news can be found in this week's Disneyland Park Update.
The Walt Disney Company News
- Standard & Poor's increased Disney's credit rating last week.
- The hottest act on tour this year is Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana, who is commanding higher prices than Bruce Springsteen.
- America Ferrera was named Hispanic Woman of the Year by Hollywood Reporter and Billboard.
- Kajeet, a new pay-as-you-go phone system, is attempting to pick up a big chunk of current Disney Mobile users.
- .Disney has made new Video on Demand deals with channels in Singapore and Russia.
- Disney has also made an agreement whereby they will have some of their movies and TV shows dubbed into Hindi..
- The Game Plan is spending a much-needed second week at the top of the box office.
You can send us feedback via email or by calling our toll-free feedback line at 1-866-939-2278. Don't forget that we love voicemails because then we can put your voice on the show!
Don't forget to send in your entry for our Owner's Locker contest by Halloween!
We also wanted to remind you that we have now scheduled our MouseFest meet for the podcasts. The MouseStation Hustle-tini Meet will begin at 5:30 p.m. at Classic Concoctions in the Everything Pop food court at Disney's Pop Century Resort for Bluetinis to get our nerve up to get up and boogie. We'll make sure that we're in the lobby before 6 p.m. so that we can do The Hustle, then return to Classic Concoctions or elsewhere to record some more for the podcast. For more information on the Hustle-tini or any other MousePlanet-sponsored meet at MouseFest, check out our MouseFest information page.
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating!
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast