MouseStation 96 - MousePlanetWatch news
show - Main podcast page - Subscribe
Run time 0:36:53
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the links at
the bottom of this page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator. If you'd
rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so that you
can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click
here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload
the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback
form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278).
You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and
possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can
either use our email Magical Moment story
form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice
mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
- Walt Disney World will be working with the Florida Health Care Coalition
and the University of Florida to conduct a year-long
study of diabetes in cast members at the resort.
- The Walt Disney Company has asked
a judge to dismiss a lawsuit Environmental Tectonics Corporation (ETC)
filed against it in 2003 over work on the Mission: Space attraction at Epcot.
- North Carolina State University upset 19th-ranked Villanova 69-68 to win
the second annual Old Spice
Classic at The Milk House at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex.
- Tourist attractions in Orlando are concerned about a
new gaming compact signed by Florida Governor Charlie Crist and the
Seminole Tribe of Florida, which will allow the tribe to begin offering
Las Vegas-style gambling at its Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Tampa, just
an hour from Orlando.
- Al Weiss, President of Worldwide Operations for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts,
was honored by Junior Achievement
of Central Florida with the 2007 Spirit of Achievement Award yesterday.
- Construction Updates:
- The Grand Floridian Resort is having its lobby tile replaced with
new marble flooring.
- The Sago Cay building at the Grand Floridian is having its hot water
- Quick takes:
- "May" and "Flower," the National Thanksgiving Turkeys, safely arrived
in Florida last week for their migration to Walt Disney World.
- Walt Disney World will install another 200 Automated External Defibrillators
across the resort.
- The dates for the curtain replacement at The American Adventure appear
to be set for January 7 to February 3.
- The changeover of the cast of characters at Playhouse Disney ? Live
on Stage! will take place right after the new year, with the attraction
closed January 2 to 27 for changes to the sets.
- The Journey Into Narnia: Creating The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
walkthrough attraction will be closed for refurbishment and probably
conversion to a Prince Caspian theme from January 2 to May 23.
- In late-breaking news, the free phone call from Mickey for vacations booked
between Thanksgiving and December 23 will be using a different URL than
we reported back in October. Instead of disneyworld.com/gift, you'll need
to go to disneyworld.com/holidaycall.
This and other news can be found in this week's Walt
Disney World Park Update.
- The start of reservations for this year's Candlelight
Processional dining package marked a frenzy that will not be easily
resolved, as demand is so much greater than the supply. Join
the discussion on our MousePad discussion forums. Weather
for this year's event seems a little iffy.
- This week's Park Update includes more holiday
- Holiday entertainment
is underway in the parks.
- The proposed residential development near Disneyland may die
a quick death this week.
- The run of Enchanted at the El
Capitan Theater features an elaborate post-show attraction.
- This and That
- Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue closed Monday for a renovation
that will last until February 14, 2008.
- The Matterhorn Bobsleds were closed this Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Tortilla Jo's in Downtown Disney has introduced a new breakfast menu.
- Princess Giselle from the newest Disney film Enchanted travels
the parade route about 15 minutes before Disneyland's A Christmas Fantasy
- The Disneyland Resort's shops are offering 25% off most pirate-theme
merchandise, including toys and clothing.
- The Midway Games are still open, but the construction walls in the
area appear to be hurting business at the New Haul Fishery.
- Park hours will be
shortened at Disneyland next week for the cast member holiday party.
This and other news can be found in this week's Disneyland
The Walt Disney Company News
- Disney has entered into a co-branding
agreement with China's Yadu Science & Technology Company to use
Disney characters on its home appliances.
- ABC has joined
forces with Facebook to find a new way to cover the 2008 presidential
- Disney has signed
on to take 10 zero-gas, zero-emission Chevy Equinox fuel cell vehicles
to test as part of GM's Project Driveway.
- Disney wants
to film the upcoming Hannah Montana movie in Tennessee, but there is
concern as to whether or not the state will be able to offer the production
significant incentives to shoot there.
- Walt Disney Records has released a bunch of new CDs for the holiday season.
- Bolt (formerly American Dog) will be released in digital 3-D when it hits
theaters next November 26.
- Disney currently has two of the best-rated movies in theaters, with Miramax's
No Country for Old Men at a 95% fresh rating and Enchanted with a 93% fresh
rating, according to RottenTomatoes.com.
Both did well in the 3-day
box office results for the weekend.
You can send us feedback via email
or by calling our toll-free feedback line at 1-866-939-2278. Don't forget
that we love voicemails because then we can put your voice on the show!
We also wanted to remind you that we have now scheduled our MouseFest meet
for the podcasts. The MouseStation Hustle-tini Meet will begin at 5:30 p.m.
at Classic Concoctions in the Everything Pop food court at Disney's Pop Century
Resort for Bluetinis to get our nerve up to get up and boogie. We'll make
sure that we're in the lobby before 6 p.m. so that we can do The Hustle, then
return to Classic Concoctions or elsewhere to record some more for the podcast.
For more information on the Hustle-tini or any other MousePlanet-sponsored
meet at MouseFest, check out our MouseFest
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener
survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating
for the combined
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the MousePlanet
CafePress store and the brand-new MouseStation
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and
sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast