MouseStation 100 - MousePlanetWatch news
show - Main podcast page - Subscribe
Run time 0:42:15
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the links at
the bottom of this page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator. If you'd
rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so that you
can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click
here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload
the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback
form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278).
You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and
possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can
either use our email Magical Moment story
form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice
mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
- 63-year-old Karen Price died
after an accident while she was working at Primeval Whirl. Mike had
worked with Karen on a few occasions when he was at Disney's Animal Kingdom,
and he remembers her as very nice, wonderful to talk to, very friendly and
great with guests. Our thoughts are with the Davis family.
- Disney has begun offering land for sale at the site of their new Flamingo
Crossings project at the Western Way entrance to Walt Disney World.
- Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure at Castaway Cay welcomed
its 50,000th guest, accomplishing the milestone in under two years.
- Construction Updates:
- Walt Disney Imagineering has filed another Kim Possible Adventure-related
installation, this one for "Epcot WS Interactives ? SFX Package."
- Another permit was filed for the American Adventure Theater curtain
replacement, this one for wire rope and rigging.
- The projection screens in Universe of Energy theaters 1 and 2 will
- The roof over the One Man's Dream theater building at the Studios
will be replace.
- The Africa popcorn cart at Disney's Animal Kingdom will be expanded.
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort will get new handrails for the four
Magnolia Bend buildings and a new stair entrance at Alligator Bayou
- Captain Jack's Restaurant will get a new window and new born.
- Two new bus shelters will be built at the Downtown Disney Marketplace.
- Quck takes:
- A 72-year-old man slipped and fell in the Magic Kingdom. He lated
- A new web site is now online to promote next year's opening of Toy
- The Luna Park pool complex at the BoardWalk Resort closes to guests
starting on January 7 to resurface the pool.
- Fantasmic will not be performed January 28 ? February
- We've finally heard rumblings of the dates for the closure of Nine
Dragons for its refurbishment. Expect the Epcot eatery to close April
30 ? November 30.
This and other news can be found in this week's Walt
Disney World Park Update.
This and other news can be found in this week's Disneyland
The Walt Disney Company News
- The Walt Disney Company declared a dividend of 35 cents per share, almost
13 percent more than last year.
- The company issued $750 million in five-year notes, which were rated "A"
by Standard & Poor's and "A-" by Fitch.
- It appears that Disney is intending to purchase
51 percent of Indian television broadcaster United Television.
- It appears that the Stagehands are done with striking, and will vote to
ratify their new contract on Sunday.
- The Writers Guild strike, however, shows no signs of coming to a conclusion.
However, the WGA has come
to terms with ABC News for the writers, so they wil be able to continue
the news while the entertainment writers are still duking it out.
- ESPN is debuting
new web sites, intended to draw more fans around the globe, for sports
scores from around the world.
- Kids registered at Disney's Club Penguin site can donate some of their
virtual money to charity, and Club
Penguin will donate the money to three causes.
- Disney has made a deal with D-Box to incorporate
their "Motion Code" technology onto a number of future Blu-ray
- Ratatouille was the leading nominations-getter for this year's Annie
- The Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus concert tour has been captured for release
in digital 3-D into theaters for one week, February 1-7. Tickets are already
- Enchanted managed to retain the
box office crown for another week.
You can send us feedback via email
or by calling our toll-free feedback line at 1-866-939-2278. Don't forget
that we love voicemails because then we can put your voice on the show!
We also wanted to remind you that we have now scheduled our MouseFest meet
for the podcasts. The MouseStation Hustle-tini Meet will begin at 5:30 p.m.
at Classic Concoctions in the Everything Pop food court at Disney's Pop Century
Resort for Bluetinis to get our nerve up to get up and boogie. We'll make
sure that we're in the lobby before 6 p.m. so that we can do The Hustle, then
return to Classic Concoctions or elsewhere to record some more for the podcast.
For more information on the Hustle-tini or any other MousePlanet-sponsored
meet at MouseFest, check out our MouseFest
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener
survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating
for the combined
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the MousePlanet
CafePress store and the brand-new MouseStation
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and
sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast