MouseStation 100 - MousePlanetWatch news
Run time 0:42:15
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the links at the bottom of this page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator. If you'd rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so that you can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email Magical Moment story form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
- 63-year-old Karen Price died after an accident while she was working at Primeval Whirl. Mike had worked with Karen on a few occasions when he was at Disney's Animal Kingdom, and he remembers her as very nice, wonderful to talk to, very friendly and great with guests. Our thoughts are with the Davis family.
- Disney has begun offering land for sale at the site of their new Flamingo Crossings project at the Western Way entrance to Walt Disney World.
- Castaway Ray's Stingray Adventure at Castaway Cay welcomed its 50,000th guest, accomplishing the milestone in under two years.
- Construction Updates:
- Walt Disney Imagineering has filed another Kim Possible Adventure-related installation, this one for "Epcot WS Interactives ? SFX Package."
- Another permit was filed for the American Adventure Theater curtain replacement, this one for wire rope and rigging.
- The projection screens in Universe of Energy theaters 1 and 2 will be replaced.
- The roof over the One Man's Dream theater building at the Studios will be replace.
- The Africa popcorn cart at Disney's Animal Kingdom will be expanded.
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort will get new handrails for the four Magnolia Bend buildings and a new stair entrance at Alligator Bayou building 27.
- Captain Jack's Restaurant will get a new window and new born.
- Two new bus shelters will be built at the Downtown Disney Marketplace.
- Quck takes:
- A 72-year-old man slipped and fell in the Magic Kingdom. He lated died.
- A new web site is now online to promote next year's opening of Toy Story Mania.
- The Luna Park pool complex at the BoardWalk Resort closes to guests starting on January 7 to resurface the pool.
- Fantasmic will not be performed January 28 ? February
- We've finally heard rumblings of the dates for the closure of Nine Dragons for its refurbishment. Expect the Epcot eatery to close April 30 ? November 30.
This and other news can be found in this week's Walt Disney World Park Update.
- The Disneyland Park Update has some great photos of the Candlelight Processional and Christmas decorations at Club 33.
- We clarified som einformation regarding the Wildfire Heroes Salute.
- The Anaheim City Council officially withdrew its support for a housing development near Disneyland.
- Meanwhile, there's a group that wants the voters to approve any further Disney theme parks.
- The general manager of Napa Rose has earned the distinction of being named a master sommelier.
- This and That
- "The Pixar Story" will be screened next Monday at the Hollywood Egyptian Theater, followed by a panel discussion.
- You are now free to make your reservations. The date for Spring 2008's MouseAdventure has been announced.
This and other news can be found in this week's Disneyland Park Update.
The Walt Disney Company News
- The Walt Disney Company declared a dividend of 35 cents per share, almost 13 percent more than last year.
- The company issued $750 million in five-year notes, which were rated "A" by Standard & Poor's and "A-" by Fitch.
- It appears that Disney is intending to purchase 51 percent of Indian television broadcaster United Television.
- It appears that the Stagehands are done with striking, and will vote to ratify their new contract on Sunday.
- The Writers Guild strike, however, shows no signs of coming to a conclusion. However, the WGA has come to terms with ABC News for the writers, so they wil be able to continue the news while the entertainment writers are still duking it out.
- ESPN is debuting new web sites, intended to draw more fans around the globe, for sports scores from around the world.
- Kids registered at Disney's Club Penguin site can donate some of their virtual money to charity, and Club Penguin will donate the money to three causes.
- Disney has made a deal with D-Box to incorporate their "Motion Code" technology onto a number of future Blu-ray DVD releases.
- Ratatouille was the leading nominations-getter for this year's Annie Awards.
- The Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus concert tour has been captured for release in digital 3-D into theaters for one week, February 1-7. Tickets are already available.
- Enchanted managed to retain the box office crown for another week.
You can send us feedback via email or by calling our toll-free feedback line at 1-866-939-2278. Don't forget that we love voicemails because then we can put your voice on the show!
We also wanted to remind you that we have now scheduled our MouseFest meet for the podcasts. The MouseStation Hustle-tini Meet will begin at 5:30 p.m. at Classic Concoctions in the Everything Pop food court at Disney's Pop Century Resort for Bluetinis to get our nerve up to get up and boogie. We'll make sure that we're in the lobby before 6 p.m. so that we can do The Hustle, then return to Classic Concoctions or elsewhere to record some more for the podcast. For more information on the Hustle-tini or any other MousePlanet-sponsored meet at MouseFest, check out our MouseFest information page.
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating for the combined feed!
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast