MouseStation 108 - MousePlanetWatch news
show - Main podcast page - Subscribe
Run time 0:39:29
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the links at
the bottom of this page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator. If you'd
rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so that you
can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click
here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload
the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback
form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278).
You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and
possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can
either use our email Magical Moment story
form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice
mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
- We have two breaking news stories since Monday's Park Update.
- 44-year-old Jeffery Reed of Navarre, FL, died on Tuesday after riding Expedition
Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom. He was unconscious and unresponsive when the ride
vehicle pulled into the unload area at around 11:30 a.m. CPR was administered immediately
and a call went out to Reedy Creek Emergency Services, who transported Reed to Celebration
Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Listen to the podcast for more of the story.
- A woman was reportedly assaulted at Disney's Pop Century Resort last Friday night just
before 6 p.m. She was walking along a path when she was allegedly shoved to the ground in
an area with 4-foot-tall bushes by a man who reached into the pocket of her shorts and
grabbed her room key, then attempted to rape her. Again, listen to the podcast for more
of the story.
- Much more information has come to light
about the fight involving Pop Warner players at the All-Star Music Resort and their eventual
- Submit your best Disney holiday photo and story by tonight to have a chance to win a new
Disney DVD from Buena Vista Home Entertainment. Check the Park
Update for more entry rules and details.
- The Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade,
having been successfully been recorded, will be broadcast next Tuesday.
- Last Wednesday, Walt Disney World announced the
construction of a state-of-the-art on-site health and wellness center for cast members and
their dependents who participate in the company's health plans.
- Rix Lounge, an upscale after-hours
location aimed at conventioneers, has opened at the Coronado Springs Resort.
- Lots of construction is going on around
This and other news can be found in this week's Walt
Disney World Park Update.
- Annual Passholders parking in the Mickey and Friends structure will notice
that their name and AP number are printed
on the receipt. You probably want to keep these safe instead of discarding
them where someone could use your pass number without your consent.
- The freshly-made candy canes
are again on seasonal sale at the Candy Palace on Main Street. Supplies
may be limited.
- Our friends over at Doombuggies.com will be having a 10th anniversary
"Swinging Wake" after-hours at Disneyland on on February 25. For
more information, go to the event's web
- The River Belle Terrace
- Urban West and West Millennium Homes still plan to build
something in the Disneyland Resort Area.
- The Disney Gallery has two upcoming events in addition to a listing of
production scheduled for 2008.
This and other news can be found in this week's Disneyland
The Walt Disney Company News
- We had reported two weeks ago that Disney
was intending to purchase 51 percent of Indian television network UTV.
There was a report earlier this week that Future Group had outbid Disney, but there's
a later interview with UTV head Ronnie Screwvala where he said
that UTV is not for sale and that there have been no discussions with either group.
- Hong Kong Disneyland continues to have a rough start, pulling in just over 4 million guests last year after coming 400,000 short of its
expected 5.6 million visitors in its opening year.
- ESPN is looking to get in on the broadcast rights for English Premier
League soccer when the current contracts with BSkyB and Setanta end.
- Tickets for the Hannah Montana 3-D concert movie are selling briskly despite the price
of $15 apiece. The live part of the tour has been extended by 14 more shows. Miley Cyrus
(Hannah Montana) and the Jonas Brothers will take a break from the tour to perform on
"Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve" on ABC. And Disney partner Build-A-Bear Workshop
has introduced a line of Hannah Montana accessories for your new plush pal.
- Disney's Beach Club Villas ranked number 2 on the list of
Top 25 timeshare rental resorts at redweek.com, a timeshare exchange,
rental and resales web site.
- The Walt Disney Internet Group has acquired iParenting Media (www.iParenting.com) to add it to its
line-up of family-targeted Web properties, including Disney Family.com, FamilyFun.com
- VoluntEARS from the Walt Disney Company built a playground for the Boys & Girls Club of East Los Angeles.
- ESPN's Monday Night Football game between the New England Patriots and the Baltimore
Ravens knocked High School Musical 2 from it's perch as the most-watched cable television program of all time with 17.5 million viewers to HSM2's 17.2 million.
- Disney's Enchanted and Miramax's No Country for Old Men finished 4-5 at the box office last week, pulling in $5.5 million and $2.8 million, respectively. Ratatouille has left domestic theaters with a final domestic total of $206.4 million.
You can send us feedback via email
or by calling our toll-free feedback line at 1-866-939-2278. Don't forget
that we love voicemails because then we can put your voice on the show!
Don't forget that we're holding a contest to encourage you to donate to Broadway
Care/Equity Fights AIDS. Everyone that donates to the cause through Mike's
donor page will receive an entry into the random drawing for an "Anything
Can Happen" bookmark signed by Nicole Bocchi and Henry Hodges, who played
Jane and Michael Banks the night that Mike saw the show. The bookmark includes
a nickel-sized star that was part of a costume worn in the show during the
grand finale. The bookmark says "Mary Poppins, Broadway 2007." This phase
of the fundraising campaign runs through December 4, so you've got until then
to donate. It doesn't matter how much you give. Any donation
will get you entered into the contest. You can see the bookmark in question
in the show notes for Episode
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener
survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating
for the combined
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the MousePlanet
CafePress store and the brand-new MouseStation
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and
sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast