MouseStation 114 - MousePlanetWatch news
Run time 0:28:22
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the links at the bottom of this page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator. If you'd rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so that you can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email Magical Moment story form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
Since the news was quiet this week (but not the parks), we brought you a look at the top Walt Disney World stories of 2007.
- Year of a Million Dreams
- Epcot's Sorcerer wand comes down
- Celebration 25
- Smoking ban at resorts
- Greening of resorts
- Attraction makeovers - Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, Canada, Mexico
- Dining changes
- New party offerings - same-sex weddings, quinceaneras
- Downtown Disney dilemma
- Disney Cruise Line orders two new ships, goes to Mediterranean
- Disney Vacation Club starts work on Animal Kingdom Villas, announces Grand Californian, Ko Olina, refuses to acknowledge Contemporary Suites
- Fastpass patent
- Four Seasons and Flamingo Crossings developments
This and other news can be found in this week's Walt Disney World Park Update.
- High winds caused the midnight New Year's fireworks to be scaled back.
- The Rose Bowl teams appeared at Disneyland.
- The NHL Stanley Cup and Anaheim Ducks' Brad May appeared on Anaheim's Rose Parade float.
- Christmas is over, so it must be time for Valentine's merchandise.
- Walt Disney Home Entertainment is partnering with Shutterfly.
- New Orleans Square's Side Street Strutters will perform in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Some of the 2008 Disneyland Resort events have been announced.
This and other news can be found in this week's Disneyland Park Update.
The Walt Disney Company News
There were only a couple of stories of interest this week:
- Miley Cyrus took over Sirius Satellite Radio's Hits 1 channel for a few days.over the last week.
- Club Penguin announced the results of the Coins for Change program, listing which charity received what portion of the $1 million up for grabs.
- The U.S. Postal Service unveiled the images for this year's Art of Disney stamps, whose theme is Imagination.
- Multiple touring companies of Mary Poppins will be popping up, according to Disney Theatrical chief Thomas Schumacher.
- The Little Mermaid will open on Broadway next Thursday, January 10.
- National Treasure had another great weekend, leading the box-office over both the three-day and five-day periods.
The U.S. Postal Service released the images for the 2008 Art of Disney stamps. Can anyone figure out why these images were selected to portray "Imagination"? Image 2007 USPS. All Rights Reserved.
Because there was so little new, we decided to also look at the top stories about The Walt Disney Company from 2007:
- Disney's return to traditional animation
- High School Musical franchise goes wild
- Hannah Montana, other packaged Disney Channel/Disney Records talent strike it big
- Disney Mobile folds
- Movies everywhere - iTunes, mobile phones, Xbox Live, etc.
- Stagehand and Writer's Guild strikes
- Goal of fewer movies, higher average return
- Disney Theatrical keeps chugging along
- International expansion in movies & TV, /Secret of the Magic Gourd debuts in China
- ESPN expands into foreign sports like cricket, rugby & soccer
- Social networking gains focus and momentum
- Rip-off Chinese park
- Disney completes spinoff of ABC Radio to Citadel
- Euro Disney starting to turn around, Hong Kong Disneyland not so much
- ABC grows new hits like Ugly Betty
- Fairy Tale Weddings dress line, home decor line blur line of "what is Disney?"
You can send us feedback via email or by calling our toll-free feedback line at 1-866-939-2278. Don't forget that we love voicemails because then we can put your voice on the show!
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating for the combined feed!
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast