|If you want to send the entire text to
me (or anyone else) for review or for web site additions, you can
simply email me and attach your document. If you do so, there are
two things to keep in mind:
- First, make sure that the recipient can "read" the
file you're sending. If in doubt, saving your report in a plain text (.txt) or rich-text (.rtf) format can be read across all platforms.
- Second, if your email provider or the recipient's has a filesize limit for attachments it may be necessary to sent your report in several pieces. If so, make sure your subject line makes it clear so that tracking is easy ("Trip Report, Part 1 of 3" for example).
If you plan to send me a copy of your report for posting to this
website, the preference is to receive trip reports in plain text (.txt) or rich text (.rtf) format. This has the benefit of making translation into HTML writing software much simpler and gets rid of virus or other malware concerns. However, we can read files in all the major word processing applications (Microsoft Works is iffy for reasons unknown to us) and reports submitted in these formats will not be rejected.
Also, I ask that you provide me with some information that I
add to the link page when I post a report:
- Your Full Name
- Your Email Address
- Dates of Trip
- Travel Method: (i.e. Personal Car, Plane, Autotrain, Rental
Car, Shuttle Service)
- Resort: (i.e. Disneyland Hotel, Disneyland Pacific Hotel,
GRBR, YBCR, PBR, CR, WL, OKWR, BWR, CBR, DL, PO, CSR, ASR, FWC,
Plaza Hotel, Offsite)
- Accommodations: (i.e. Standard Room, 1 Bedroom Vacation Home,
2 Bedroom Vacation Home, Villa Vacation Home, Suite)
- The Ages Represented in Group: (i.e. Infant/Toddler, Elementary,
Teen, Adult, Elderly)
- Disneyland or WDW Experience Represented in Group: (i.e. Veteran,
Frequent, Infrequent, Rookie, DVC Member)
If the document comes through garbled, I probably won't know
why...but I'll write back and ask you to send it to me in pieces.
Also, if you fail to send me the above summary information, I'll
ask for that too. I won't post ANY trip report without the summary
information. It just takes too much time to read through every
report for all of those specific details. Sorry.
Submit your reports as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org