Disney Trip Report Archive - Contents
 Click to go back to MousePlanet main page
 Discussion Boards | Reviews | News | Trip Planning | Shop | Travel | Site Map
Disney Trip Report Archive
An archive of reader-submitted trip reports
Look in: MousePlanet WWW

Alex Stroup, editor

Search just the Trip Report Archive.

[ Return to Index Page ]

Amy C -- October 2002 -- Walt Disney World (BWR)

Friday October 18th 2002 to Sunday October 27th 2002


  • Amy, 25, 7th trip to WDW, 2nd trip this year. Been to Disneyland more times than can count.
  • Rodrigo, 29, 8th trip to WDW, 2nd trip this year. Also a Disneyland veteran.
  • Lisa, 26, 2nd trip to WDW. Disneyland frequent visitor. Made a guest appearance on this vacation for several days.


Because we love this place and needed to get away for a vacation. Plus, I had found some good rates online for Boardwalk rooms and I couldn't pass the opportunity up.

Well, this all started a few months ago when I was surfing the Internet and stumbled upon some "Fall Special" rates on the Disney website. I browsed around and found some prices that were too good to be true. I emailed Rodrigo and attached a picture of the Boardwalk with the header "I am in withdrawal". This started the ball rolling. We both checked to see if we could get a week off around the middle of October and when we got the green light, the plans could be made. We decided on the week of the 18th-27th spending the first three nights at a hotel near Universal Studios and the last 6 nights at Disney's Boardwalk Inn. I found rates for $200 per night at the Boardwalk and booked 6 nights immediately. (Those were over $100 less per night then normal). We enjoy spending time in our hotel room and on the Boardwalk so that price was worth it to me. Plus with the close proximity to Epcot and MGM (our 2 favorite parks) it makes the Boardwalk ideal for us. So with the booking of the room out of the way, we could focus on making all of the other arrangements. I can get inexpensive airfare from my work and I got 2 roundtrip non-stop tickets on United from LAX to MCO for $195.00 apiece! We booked those immediately.

I decided to ask my friend Lisa if she wanted to join us. Lisa had gone to WDW once before and didn't get to see much of anything so she decided to join us for 6 days. I booked 2 rooms at the Days Inn East of Universal for the 1st three nights ($49 per room, per night). The Days Inn is just down the street from Universal and we knew we would be going to Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios on the first day.


We bought 6 day hopper tickets online (before the prices were increased), we were able to get Universal and IoA tickets for free, we bought tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Sunday the 19th and I had gotten 50% off coupons for Sea World and we would buy the tickets to Sea World when we got there.

Day 1, Friday 18th:


Work 4 hours in the morning, Flight at 2:10 p.m., Check into Days Inn, Sleep

Rodrigo and I both had to work for a few hours that morning. I was completely unable to concentrate at work, I was so excited about my vacation. I was constantly checking Orlando's weather, park hours, Disney info, etc. My mind was clearly NOT at work. :) Once 11 a.m. rolled around I bolted out of work, said my good-byes and went to pick Rodrigo up from work. Once we were on our way to LAX, I had to stop by my friend's work to pick her up (so she could drop us off at the airport so we wouldn't have to pay for parking the car at the airport). We got to LAX a little early so we checked in (lines not bad), went through security (no problem) and grabbed some lunch at McDonalds. I was coming down with a head cold and forgot to grab some medicine out of my bag before I checked it, so I had to buy some Sudafed ($10) from a gift shop. Our flight left on time and was pretty uneventful, except for some nasty turbulence over Texas. We landed on time and went down to baggage claim. I went to the Mears counter and bought roundtrip transportation from MCO to the Days Inn and from the Boardwalk to MCO ($60, total for both of us)

After gathering our bags we got on the shuttle and of course were that last ones to be dropped off at our hotel. This seems to be a pattern whenever we go to Florida. We checked into the hotel around 10:30 p.m., showered and crashed. Lisa was supposed to arrive at 12:30 a.m., just a few hours after us, but she had a layover in Dallas where there was some bad weather and her flight was delayed 3 hours. She finally arrived at the hotel at 3:00 a.m. and I woke up, met her downstairs and gave her the keys to her room, which was next door to ours. I went back to our room, where I fell fast asleep. Tomorrow, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.

Day 2, Saturday 19th

We woke up around 8:30, showered and were all out the door by around 9:30. There is a Denny's on the property so we went there for a quick breakfast. After breakfast we were out the door. We walked to Universal (which is "technically" across from the hotel). It is across the street from Universal property, but you have another mile walk from the beginning of their property to the parks themselves. We went to redeem our free passes from guest relations and a friend of ours had also arranged for pre-board passes for us for both parks. We went to Universal Studios first and I won't touch too much on these parks (because I know how people feel about Universal on this website) but I enjoy this park very much. It is extremely clean, the attendants are all friendly and the themeing is very well done, in my opinion. We have done Universal Studios Hollywood a million times, so we didn't do a lot of the attractions that we also have at home. My favorite thing in that park is Twister. I love it. We didn't have to wait in any lines and we did everything we wanted to do in just a few short hours.

From there we went over to Islands of Adventure. Now, I think that this park is fantastic! The theming is out of this world, the rides are some of the best I have ever ridden and it is clean and well presented. Again, we didn't have to wait in line for anything and did the whole park in just a few hours. Spiderman, in my opinion, is probably the greatest ride on the planet, it is absolutely amazing!

We headed back to the hotel after that, IoA was closing early for their Halloween Horror Nights and there were a million people at City Walk. When we got back to the room, we decided to order Pizza Hut. They delivered and we were starving so it was very yummy. After that we watched some TV. and crashed around 11:00. Tomorrow: Sea World and MNSSHP.

Day 3, Sunday 20th

We woke up around 8:30 a.m. and showered and were out the door by 9:30. We headed to Denny's again and had a quick breakfast and went to find transportation to Sea World. Well, here is where the adventure starts. This idiot lady at the so called information kiosk of our hotel tell us that there is this GREAT bus (I-Ride) that will take us right to Sea World round trip for $2.00 per person and that it was extremely convenient and fast. Like dummies, we believed her and headed out to the front of the hotel where this shuttle "was supposed" to pick us up.

The I-Ride pulls up and the driver asked where we were headed. When we told him, he said that this stop would not take us there, that we had to go about a half mile down to the Radisson and pick it up from there. We hoofed over there and waited, and waited, and waited in the heat. Rodrigo decided to lay down on the sidewalk in the shade and I pretended that I was going to kick him and he grabbed my shoe off of my foot and flung it. It landed in a nearby tree. He got up to go and look for it and couldn't find it anywhere. He shook the tree and it fell into some prickly brush below and literally disappeared. Right then, the I-Ride decided to show up and Lisa said, "I am getting on this bus, with or without you"! Rodrigo said that we should get on the bus and he would buy me a pair of shoes at Sea World. Well, I get on the bus, with 1 shoe on and we proceed on the ONE AND A HALF-HOUR journey to Sea World. This "convenient" alternative made 38 stops before ours. We were really ticked by this point. Finally we arrived at Sea World.

I made my barefooted way to the ticket booths and people were pointing and laughing at my foot. The man at the ticket counter told me that I couldn't go into the park without a shoe on, so I waited outside the turnstiles for them to buy me a pair of florescent green thongs and bring them out to me. Once everything was settled, we all headed inside. I won't talk too much about this park, but it was great. It is a beautiful park and full of many great things to do. There is a roller coaster there called Kraken that was fantastic! Their ride employees didn't seem to have it all together though. We headed to a ride called Journey to Atlantis. They had a posted wait of 45 minutes or they had a single rider line that had about 10 people in it. We opted for the single rider line and wound up waiting even LONGER to board then if we had waited in the stand-by line. The employee was rude and shrugged her shoulders when we approached her with our concern, that not only we had waiting more than the posted wait time to board, but that we were going to be split up on top of it all. She didn't seem to care. That was the only downfall of the day. Other than that, we had a wonderful time there.

We took a taxi back, went to Denny's for dinner and then got ready for MNSSHP. We got a cab to take us there and had the driver drop us off at the Ticket and Transportation center. We hopped on the Monorail and as we approached the Magic Kingdom, all I could say was WOW! I love Halloween and I love Disney and this was a PERFECT combination of the 2. The park was all decked out with spooky lights and fog and music and tons of kids and adults dressed up in costumes. They gave us our trick or treat bags and we were on our way. Rodrigo stopped for an ice cream just as we got in and then we headed to Adventureland. There they had free palm readings and free face paining. I suggested that we waited to have our faces painted and Lisa and Rodrigo were into it so we waited in a somewhat long line. Rodrigo left the line to go trick or treating and missed his chance to get his face painted (which I think was done on purpose :)) I had them paint fairy-like stuff around my eyes and Lisa had a bat painted around her eyes. Both were very cute. From there we went trick or treating and on Aladdin's Magic Carpet's with no wait. I thought those were fun. Then the 1st parade was going through so we were sort of stuck. We watched it but had missed the Headless Horseman, so I wanted to make sure that we saw him the second time he made his rounds.

From there we took an ice cream break. Now, I know everyone raves about those Mickey Bars, but I found them WAY too sweet. I had to throw the rest of mine out. Then we did the Haunted Mansion (a must do, 10 minute wait), Winnie the Pooh (5 minute wait), Buzz Lightyear (no wait), we got a spot on the curb for the second parade and saw the Horseman run through that time. The parade was very cute. We had our complimentary photo taken and just took the whole night easy. We left when it closed at midnight and we all had a wonderful time.

We got a cab back to the Day's Inn and I washed all that make up off, got ready for bed and we crashed by about 1:30. Tomorrow: We make Disney World our home for the next 7 days :)

Day 4, Monday the 21st

We slept in this morning, went to Denny's again for breakfast and packed and checked out of the Day's Inn. All in all, the stay there was pleasant. You get what you pay for, it was fine for what it was worth. We called a cab and then made our way to Disney World. Once we drove through those wonderful purple gates and that "Welcome to Disney World" sign, I knew that we were officially on vacation. As we pulled up to the Boardwalk I was SO excited, I couldn't wait to start this portion of the trip. We pulled up, gave bell services our bags (since I didn't think our room would be ready) and proceeded to check in.

The front desk employee was very nice and told me that he would see if they had any rooms available so early in the day (it was only like 11:00 a.m.). He made my day when he told me that there was one available and it had all our requests (non-smoking, nice view and most importantly, CLOSE TO THE ELEVATORS). For those of you that are familiar with the Boardwalk Inn, you know that elevators are scarce and the last thing you want to do when you are pooped is walk a mile to your room from the elevator. So, Lisa, Rodrigo and I proceeded to find our room. 3rd floor, 2 rooms from the elevators! I was in heaven!

The room was HUGE!!! Hands down, this was the biggest standard room I have ever stayed in anywhere. It was a corner room so we had a ton of extra floor space. I think that this was a handicap accessible room, the bathroom had a really wide sliding door and a funny shower (no tub, which was the only downfall of the room) with a chair in it. But it was fine. Bell services brought our bags up and Rodrigo and I were so excited to show Lisa the Boardwalk (she had never seen it before). We went downstairs and walked up and back and stopped to look at the DVC center. Rodrigo and I had sort of learned a little bit about it in April when we where there last, but we were even more curious as to what it was about.

A very nice man asked us if we were interested in taking the tour and told us that we would each receive a meal voucher for our time. We agreed to take the tour so we gave him all our information and proceeded inside where Dave was going to lead us around. Dave was very nice and informative and talked the whole concept up without ever being pushy. He showed us all the model rooms and we fell in love with the whole concept. After the tour we went into a private office where we would talk numbers. Dave gave each of us packets of information regarding DVC and what it entails and basically sold me on the idea. I wasn't ready to commit on the spot, but I can guarantee I will buy into this in the near future. (If anybody reading this has any pointers or information regarding DVC please feel free to email me with it)

From there we went back to the room to unpack and relax a little. We decided to head to MGM around 4:00 for a few hours. We walked over there using the path and went on Tower of Terror (no wait), Rock n' Roller Coaster (no wait), Great Movie Ride (no wait), and saw Indiana Jones, which in our opinions really stunk.

We decided to head out of the park after doing some shopping and go to Beaches and Cream for dinner. Now, I have heard A LOT about this place and how great it is, and I am glad to say that I agree 100%. We waited maybe 10 minutes for a table and our server was very nice. Lisa and I each had Diet Cherry Cokes, Rodrigo just had water. Rodrigo and I both had cheeseburgers and fries and Lisa had a turkey sandwich. Now, here comes the best part of the meal.....DESSERT!!! Rodrigo had a black and white malt, which was made with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup, I had a brownie sundae and Lisa had the chocolate cake a la mode. Rodrigo claimed that was the best malt he had ever had, Lisa enjoyed hers and I loved mine. We used the DVC meal vouchers for this and it was well worth it!!!!

We headed back to the room, showered and headed to bed by 11:00. Tomorrow's plan: Animal Kingdom, rest, Epcot

Day 5, Tuesday 22nd

We set the alarm for 8:00 and got ready and were out the door by 9:00. We hopped on the bus after waiting only a couple of minutes for it. We got to Animal Kingdom and went straight to Kilimanjaro Safari to get Fast Passes. Rodrigo went to grab them while Lisa and I went to Tusker House to get breakfast. Rodrigo, Lisa and I all had breakfast biscuit sandwiches with egg and bacon or sausage. This came with potatoes. It was ok, the biscuit was really dry, but the potatoes were good and all in all it hit the spot.

After breakfast we had some time to kill before our FP time for the Safari. We headed to the Pangani Trail and couldn't see any of the gorillas, but we enjoyed the walk through the trail. We then headed to the Safari and saw TONS of animals. It was really great. I love that safari and I enjoy it every time I go on it.

From there we went to go get FP for Dinosaur and then we were going to make our way back to see the Flights of Wonder bird show. We stopped for some ice cream and walked. It was very hot today! We got to the bird show and watched it. None of us had ever seen that show and we all enjoyed it for the most part. The bald eagle they brought out at the end was beautiful.

We headed to Dinosaur after this and it was broken down, but opened up after just a minute and we basically walked right on. Now, let me tell you something about Dinosaur...that ride scares the heck out of me. It is loud, dark, things chase you...I don't know how kids don't all walk off of that screaming and crying. We are 3 grown adults and it scared each of us!

We then went to Primeval Whirl (10 minute wait). I honestly, like the rest, think that this portion of Animal Kingdom is really tacky, however, I enjoy Primeval Whirl. I think it is fun. After that we headed over to see Tarzan Rocks. This got mixed emotions from the 3 of us, Rodrigo enjoyed it, Lisa liked 80% or so of it, I thought it sort of stunk. Too much of the same thing throughout the whole show. That and the fact that it was 1000 degrees in the theatre didn't help either. We decided to leave after that and went back to the Boardwalk.

When we got back there we decided we wanted to try the Prime Time Café at MGM and I made PS at the front desk for a 6:20 seating. We all conked out in the room for a couple of hours and woke up about 5:45. Rodrigo decided he didn't want to go, so Lisa and I headed over there via boat. We checked in at the podium 5 minutes late but it was no problem. We had a bad location for our table and were a little disappointed. Our waitress was less then interested in interacting with us and we didn't have a good view of any theming of the restaurant. We each ordered a garden salad to begin with, followed by the pot roast dinner. The salad had seen better days. The lettuce was brown and wilted and the tomatoes looked like they had gone through a war. The pot roast however, was out of this world! It was delicious! We stuffed ourselves then rolled out of MGM and walked back to the Boardwalk.

Rodrigo and I had been getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, so I bought some OFF from Dundy's Sundries and then we headed back to the room. Rodrigo had gone to Disney Marketplace for McDonalds and got back shortly after we did. We decided to go back to Beaches and Cream for milkshakes and then made it an early night. Oh, I should tell you that we have a FANTASTIC view of Illuminations from our balcony. It is wonderful!

We all showered and headed to bed by 11:00. Tomorrow: Lisa going to Kennedy Space Center and Rodrigo and I are just hanging out at WDW. No real plans for us.

Day 6, Wednesday 23rd

Lisa was up early to catch her shuttle to Cape Canaveral for her Space Center day. Rodrigo and I decided to make today our non-park day. So we slept in and then decided to go do some laundry.

While the load was in the wash, we decided to head down to Spoodles for breakfast. It was delicious. We both had egg type dishes and coffee. The coffee was sooooo good! We then went back up to finish the laundry. I sat outside on the balcony to watch Friends on DVD on a little portable DVD player that we brought with us. When the laundry was done, we decided to hang out a while longer and then go to Downtown Disney.

We decided to catch a showing of "Moonlight Mile" and then just take it easy. While we were in Virgin Megastore waiting for our movie time, a huge thunderstorm rolled in with tons of rain. We ran to the theatre and could hear the rain pounding on the roof of our theatre and the thunder. When the movie was over we knew that is was probably going to start raining again soon so we grabbed a Boardwalk bus and headed back. About 10 minutes after we were back in the room, Lisa got back and we decided to head down to the Boardwalk for some pizza.

We sat outside and ate pizza and salads and enjoyed the warm air. There was thunder and lightning in the distance so we knew we had to eat up quick. While we were eating, there was a family sitting at the table next to us and a man felt something crawling on him. He flipped his chair over and a good sized tarantula fell out and started running toward me. I jumped up and started running and another man stepped on the spider, killing it. That might have been the most disgusting thing I have ever seen!

From there we went back upstairs and watched The Bachelor on TV. By then it was pouring rain with thunder and lightning so we decided to go to the Belle Vue Lounge at the hotel for some drinks. We sat at a little table and played Sorry while we drank Midori Sours, Pina Coladas and the like. It was very nice and relaxing. A nice ending to the day.

We headed back to the room to hit the sack. Tomorrow: Epcot, MGM, Brown Derby/Fantasmic package

Day 7, Thursday 24th

We woke up and got ready and headed down to the Boardwalk Bakery for a quick breakfast. The lady working there "Esther" was extremely rude. She double charged me for my coffee and when I brought it to her attention she told me that she repeated my order back to me and I agreed to everything she said and the charge for it. And I told her that had I heard her say 2 coffees instead of 1 I sure wouldn't have agreed to pay for it. So she gave me my money back with total attitude. She was wrong in double charging me, she saw me holding ONE cup of coffee, she should have apologized and not fought me on it. Whew, I had to get that off my chest, sorry.

We walked to Epcot using the path from the Boardwalk (and what an easy walk it is) and made our way to Future World (World Showcase wasn't open yet). We did Living with the Land (no wait) We got FP for Test Track and then started around the countries starting with Mexico. We did the ride there (no wait), nice, but extremely outdated. The food and wine festival was going on now so we would look and see what they were all offering. We stopped at the Ireland one for Lisa (she is Irish) and she got some sort of Oatmeal flan thing. She enjoyed it. We did Maelstrom (no wait) and stopped at the Poland booth to split a Kielbasa and Pierogi (very good).

We continued to make our way around all the countries, stopping to browse in each one. In Italy I bought my grandmother some Italian coffee and bought my sister a little Moroccan Mickey stuffed doll. We saw the American Flag that was retrieved from the WTC in America. We had planned our walk around Off Kilter, which had their 1st show at 1:30. We got there about 15 minutes early and I was off to the Canada food and wine booth in search of the much anticipated Cheddar Cheese Soup.

I headed back to Off Kilter with my soup and sat down. I have never had it and was very curious what the hype was all about, and all I can say is WOW. It was SO good!!!!

Now, I have never heard Off Kilter but keep reading how great they are. I wasn't sure I would even enjoy it. But I found myself very, very much enjoying it. Those are very talented guys. (Plus, I forgot his name, but the bass player is a looker too ;) !!!) Lisa had to get their cd after that. When they were done, we went to see the Circle Vision show in Canada (which Rodrigo and I always enjoy) and then our FP time was here for Test Track. I love that ride and I have a blast every time I go on it!

We decided to leave after that for our 4:30 PS at the Brown Derby, on our way out we stopped for a Dolmas at the Greece booth. A Dolmas is a stuffed grape leaf. They had a nerve to charge $2.50 for a single grape leaf no bigger than your pinky finger. At that point I realized that they were completely overcharging for most items at these booths.

Anyway, we changed shoes and stuff in the room and then headed to MGM via the walkway. It was VERY hot out and it was sort of raining at this point. We got to MGM and checked into the Brown Derby. This is one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. I love the feel of "Old Hollywood" and the style and class of that restaurant. With the Fantasmic Dining Package, you have a set $39.95 price for each person. That price includes 1 non-alcoholic drink, 1 appetizer, 1 main dish, 1 dessert, tip and tax. All in all it was WELL worth the $39.95. We all had the caesar salad to start & filet mignon with smashed yukon potatoes. For dessert, Lisa and I had the grapefruit cake and Rodrigo had a crème brulee that was unbelievably delicious!!!!! We rolled out of there stuffed and happy.

We went on ToT and RnRC and browsed through some shops before heading to Fantasmic. Our seats were good and the show was good as always, even though I still think that the California version is the best ;)

We headed back to the room, rested and then went over to Beaches and Cream for yet another round of milkshakes and malts. We wanted to do this since this was Lisa's last night with us.

After that we went back to the room, Lisa packed and then we hit the hay early. Lisa's shuttle was picking her up at.......3:15 a.m. :( Tomorrow: Lisa leaves, Rodrigo and I play by ear.

Day 8, Friday 25th

With Lisa gone, it was now just Rodrigo and me and we decided that today we would go at a slow pace. The only thing we wanted to do was to go to the AMC and see "Jackass" (please don't hate us) :)

We got up late and decided since it was too late for breakfast that we would go over to MGM and have lunch at the Sci Fi Café. We love that place. We love the ambience, the old cheesy movie clips, the food, etc. We try and make a trip there every time we are at WDW.

We got there and there was no wait. We were seated right away. Rodrigo had a cherry coke and I got a diet cherry coke and we both had the cheeseburgers. It was very yummy! We love the old "intermission" commercials! We got out of there and went, once again, on ToT and RnRC both with no wait. We love both of those rides so much. We can't get enough of them!

We decided to leave and head to Downtown Disney to catch that movie. The only problem was that a bus doesn't go to DD from MGM until 3:00 p.m. (it was only 1:30) We decided to go and check out Animal Kingdom Lodge and catch a DD bus from there. We pulled up to the resort and walked in and all I can say is....WOW! What a beautiful place! We had never seen it before. So we wandered the grounds and then left after about 45 minutes and a DD bus was waiting right there for us. We grabbed it and went and got tickets for Jackass and walked right into the theatre. It was timed perfectly. Rodrigo and I both found the movie to be hysterical! Then we did something sort of naughty... There was a 4:55 showing of Barbershop that we decided to sneak in to. Don't hate us! We enjoyed that movie as well. Then we left there and headed to Disney Quest.

We were able to get some complimentary tickets to DQ, and that is the only reason we went. I would NEVER spend $31 to get in there! With that, we went in and proceeded to have a BLAST! It was so much fun. We did all the main attractions there and a lot of the older video games and this great fire fighting game! We had so much fun and we left there around 11:00 p.m. We were so hungry, we knew we needed to find food before it got any later. So we decided to head back to the hotel to see if there was anything still open.

We lucked out. The Spoodles pizza window was open until 12:30 so we were able to get a pizza and salad. It was so delicious!!!!! Then we showered and it was off to bed. We were asleep by 1:45 a.m. Tomorrow: Kona Café, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot

Day 9, Saturday 26th

We woke up and made PS for Breakfast at the Kona Café. We showered and left and got a bus to the MK and then hopped the Monorail to the Polynesian. I love the Kona Café. That is my favorite place to eat breakfast. Their coffee is the best I have EVER had! Even better then the Kona coffee in Kona, Hawaii believe it or not!

We ate and then decided what we should do for the day. Rodrigo suggested going back to AK so that I could see Festival of the Lion King (which I love) and I was all for that. Then, all I said is that at some point during the day I wanted to get a Dole Whip.

So we boarded a bus to AK and had some time to kill until FotLK started so we did the Safari again. We hardly saw any animals and it was pretty hot out. After that we looked in some shops and bought some cold water and headed to Camp Minnie Mickey for FotLK. I love that show and it never disappoints me. We left the park after that and headed to the MK for my Dole Whip. When we got there, we were both exhausted so we went in, got the Dole Whip and left. We don't ever do a lot of the MK when we come to WDW because we have Disneyland so close to home and it is pretty similar and we go there all the time.

After my delicious Dole Whip we boarded a VERY FULL bus and headed back to the resort. We went in, watched Boy Meets World and fell asleep for a little while.

Around 7:00 p.m. we got up and headed to Epcot. There was still so much we wanted to do. We walked there and watched The British Invasion sing "Life Goes On" and I, like an idiot, got all teary eyed because I knew that this was our last night there. From there we walked to Future World and went on Spaceship Earth (no wait), Ice Station Cool (we like watching people drink Beverly for the 1st time), we LOVE the pre-show to Honey I Shrunk the Audience, so we went in only to watch the pre-show, then we left. Then we went to Journey into Imagination (no wait). What a weird ride. I am not really sure what they were going for with it, but I think they could have made it a lot better. Then we played with some of the interactive items and sent some funny emails of us transformed into monkeys and stuff. Very fun.

After that, the park was closed and Illuminations was starting so we watched that as we walked out of the park. It was sad to leave. We then went to Beaches and Cream for our goodbye malt and milkshake. ( I might need another plane seat for me if I keep eating like this!!!!!) But we were on vacation, and how often do you get to go all out???

We went back to the room, showered and headed to bed early after watching the last few innings of that fantastic Angels/Giants World Series game!!! GO ANGELS!!!

We fell asleep by 11:00. Tomorrow: Pack, Kona Café, MGM and fly home:(

Day 10, Sunday 27th

We woke up early and made a PS for the Kona Café for 11:10 and then packed. I went down to the Boardwalk to buy a few souviniers and then went upstairs and packed everything up. We said good-bye to our beautiful room and Rodrigo made me start crying. We checked out and gave our bags to bell services to hold for us. We took the bus to MK and then the Monorail (for the last time this trip) to the Polynesian and then ate our last delicious breakfast there and then caught the bus back to MGM.

We went and saw the Beauty and the Beast show. I am sorry if you disagree, but I thought it felt rushed and was very corny. We went on ToT twice (no wait) and RnRC twice (no wait). We would have liked to do the Great Movie Ride one last time, but we didn't have any time. We did some last minute shopping and headed out. It was sad to leave. We got back to the Boardwalk via boat and I promised my sister that I would bring a brownie from the BW Bakery back for her. After that, we went, claimed our bags and Mears was there waiting for us at 2:45. We had a couple of pick ups on the way to the airport but nothing bad. The flight home seemed very long and was very awful and by 7:30 p.m. we were back in Southern California. My sister was there to pick us up and take us home. I was in bed by 10:00 and had to be at work by 9:00 a.m. the next morning. Reality stinks sometimes!


The Good:

  • This was a GREAT week to go. The weather was beautiful, the crowds were at a minimal and it was an inexpensive time of year to visit
  • The food. We always enjoy the meals we get when we go there.
  • Beaches and Cream. A hidden treasure!!!!
  • Brown Derby: NEVER disappointing
  • Off Kilter, who would have thought that I would have liked it as much as I did.
  • I am throwing Sea World and both Universal parks into this
  • The Boardwalk. I am spoiled from ever wanting to stay anyplace else.
  • DVC - I think I might have to do this!
  • MNSSHP - I LOVED this!!!!!!!!
  • The Cheddar Cheese soup in Canada

The Bad:

  • Some cast members seemed to be a little snippity.
  • The park hours seemed extremely short. It was hard to do everything with such short days
  • The taxi cabs were pretty expensive
  • The I-Ride incident
  • I was disappointed in the food and wine festival at Epcot. I was very much looking forward to it and it didn't seem to have much to offer and what it did offer was way overpriced in my honest opinion
  • The Indiana Jones show and The Beauty and the Beast show
  • The Prime Time Café. I guess we just got a crummy waitress.

The Ugly:

  • The bugs... WAY TOO MANY. Mosquitos, dragonflys & that disgusting tarantula!
  • The whole shoe episode (I never did find the other one, even after going back a second time to look for it.) If anybody finds a red and white Flojo thong, please contact me :)
  • Having to go home. That is the worst part of every vacation there :(

I am not sure when I will be able to make it back there. Hopefully soon. I think that the next time I go, I am going to go with the intention to join the DVC. I think it is an ideal plan for me.

I hope you enjoyed reading this. This was my first trip report so I hope I didn't bore or confuse any of you too much. Please feel free to email me with any questions or comments. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Amy C


Mail a Comment to Amy C

[ Return to Index Page ]

Go to: Top | Section Contents | MousePlanet Main Page | Comment about trip reports to Alex Stroup here (not for trip report submissions).

Copyright MousePlanet® Inc. | Legal Information & Privacy Policy | About/Contact MousePlanet | Link to us

MousePlanet® is not associated in any official way with the Walt Disney Company, its subsidiaries, or its affiliates. The official Disney site is available at www.disney.com. This MousePlanet Web site provides independent news articles, commentary, editorials, reviews, and guides primarily about the theme park resorts of the Walt Disney Co. All information on this site is subject to change. Please call destinations in advance to confirm the most up-to-date information.