Location: The entire attraction takes up almost the entire southwest corner of the park. The entrance, however, is at the back of Adventureland near Pirates of the Caribbean.
Date Opened: 10/1/1971
# of Ride Units: Up to 10 boats can run simultaneously.
Ride Capacity: Approximately 31 guests per boat.
Restraint Method: None
Ticket Rating: E Ticket
Ride Photo: No
Open/Close: Opens 10 a.m, even if the rest of the park and Adventureland are open earlier.
Wait Times: The queue is deceptively long, but it moves somewhat swiftly (around 1700 guests/hour). Waits of 45 minutes during busy periods are not unexpected.
Length of Ride: 9 minutes
Single Rider: No
Queue Description: The queue for Jungle Cruise is very deceptive, and it is difficult to tell if the wait will be long by just looking at the queue. Entering through the offices of an African cruise company the decorations provide entertainment while working through the tightly wound queue.
Weight and Size Issues:
Height Restriction: None
Child Swap: No
: mysqli_fetch_array(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result in /home/www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php
on line 341
History and Trivia
- At this location: Jungle Cruise has occupied this location since the park opened in 1971.
- The Attraction's History: Based on the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland the attraction has remained essentially unchanged over the decades.
- Other Trivia:
- The boats: Each of the 15 Jungle Cruise boats has a unique name. They are: Amazon Annie, Bomokandi Bertha, Congo Connie, Ganges Gertie, Irawaddy Irma, Kwango Kate, Mongala Millie, Nile Nellie, Orinoco Ida, Sankuru Sadie, Senegal Sal, Ucyali Lolly, Volta Val, Wamba Wanda, and Zambezi Zelda.
- A whole lot of water: 1.75 million gallons of water are held within the ride, and the depth is generally little more than three feet.
- The rivers: The ride visits four rivers of the world: the Amazon, Nile, Congo, and Mekong.