Peter Pan's Flight
One of the most beloved dark rides in Fantasyland, Peter Pan's Flight opened two days after the Magic Kingdom in October 1971. Pirate galleons holding two or three guests are suspended from the ceiling at they glide through scenes from the animated classic Peter Pan, including a scale model of London. The ride is less than three minutes long but the queue is guaranteed to be long as Peter Pan's Flight is one of the most popular attractions in the park.
- Location: On the left as you exit Fantasyland to Liberty Square.
- Date Opened: 10/1/1971
- # of Ride Units:
- Ride Capacity: 2 adults per unit
- Restraint Method: Lapbar
- Ticket Rating: C Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Open/Close: Opens and closes with the park. This attraction is open during both morning and evening Extra Magic Hours.
- Wait Times: Combine one of the most popular attractions at Magic Kingdom with a low capacity ride and very long lines are the result. Using FastPass is to be highly recommended. If you wait standby on a crowded day, expect the line to be more than 30 minutes, possibly much more.
- Length of Ride: 2 minutes
- FastPass: Yes
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: The mostly exterior queue is not particularly themed, and there isn't much to do but watch the people ahead of you slowly load into the vehicle.
- Health Restriction: None
- Ride Access: The ride units are not wheelchair or ECV accessible. Further the vehicles do not stop while loading so it is preferred that you be able to transfer quickly enough to avoid requiring a pause in the ride.
- Wheelchair Transfer: Users of wheelchairs and ECVs will need to transfer into the ride vehicles, which are suspended from the ceiling. Cast members can pause the ride to provide sufficient time for this transfer. Wheelchairs and ECVs will be moved to the exit area by the time you reach it.
- Service Animals: Yes
- Audio: Hand-held captioning devices are available for this attraction from guest services.
- Weight and Size Issues: Leg room might be tight for the extremely tall. Two large people may prefer to ride separately.
- Height Restriction: None
- Child Swap: Yes
- Other Issues:
- At this location: Peter Pan's Flight has been at this locatin since the park opened in 1971.
- The Attraction's History: While minor tweaks and show changes have been made over the years, nothing dramatic has changed in the attraction since it opened.
- Other Trivia:
- Different loading systems: Unlike at Disneyland where the ride vehicles move independently along a track and come to a stop for loading and unloading, Walt Disney World's version is more like the omnimovers at Haunted Mansion.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.