Location: For the first show, the parade runs from the Fantasyland parade gate down to the Main Street gate next to Mad Hatter. The route is reversed for the second show. There are three show stops per showing: Small World Promenade, the Hub in front of the Castle, and along Main Street.
Date Opened: March 27, 2009
Capacity: Viewing of the floats is available along the entire parade route, though the show elements can only be watched from one of the three show stop areas.
# of Shows: Two parades per day
Characters: Characters from many of the animated films since Little Mermaid and several classics are in the parade.
Photos and Autographs: No
Wait Times: For a front row view of the things in one of the show stops, expect to claim a spot 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. Standing back views will be available up to show time, however.
Length of Show: 12 minutes
Queue Description: The parade route runs from the gate next to Mad Hatter on Main Street to the gate opposite from "it's a small world." The first parade of the day runs from Fantasyland to Main Street with the second parade (if there is one) running in the opposite direction).
Ride Access: Guests in wheelchairs and ECVs can watch the parade from any location along the route, though a designated wheelchair area does exist near Plaza Inn.
Service Animals: Yes
Audio: Music plays throughout the parade and some characters may talk. No assistive devices are available.
Weight and Size Issues:
Height Restriction: No
Child Swap: No
Other Issues: There should be no issues with the show for children. However, if you wish to get a really great spot for the parade it will require a fair bit of sitting around so be prepared to deal with boredom.
: mysqli_fetch_array(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result in /home/www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php
on line 341
History and Trivia
- At this location: Many parades have traveled down main street over the decades, here is a list of some of them:
- Other Trivia
- Decades of Parades: Here are some of the parades that have moved down Main Street over the decades:
- Candlelight Procession (Christmastime, 1958 to current)
- Christmas in Many Lands Parade (Holiday season, 1957 to 1964)
- Fantasy on Parade (Holiday season, 1965 to 1976 and 1980 to 1985)
- Main Street Electrical Parade (June 17, 1972 to November 25, 1996)
- America on Parade (June 14, 1975 to September 6, 1976)
- Very Merry Christmas Parade (1977 to 1979 and 1987 to current)
- Flights of Fantasy Parade (June 18, 1983 to September 10, 1983)
- Circus Fantasy Parade (Spring 1986, 1987, and 1988
- Totally Minnie Parade (Summer 1986)
- Blast to the Past Parade (Spring 1988 and Spring 1989)
- Party Gras Parade (January 11, 1990 to November 18, 1990)
- Celebration U.S.A. Parade (June 21 to November 24, 1991)
- World According to Goofy Parade (June 19, 1992 to November 15, 1992)
- Aladdin's Royal Caravan (April 1993 to June 1994)
- The Lion King Celebration (July 1, 1994 to June, 1997)
- Light Magic (May 1997 to September 2, 1997)
- Hercules Victory Parade (June 27, 1997 to Summer 1998)
- 45 Years of Magic Parade (February 18, 2000 to Spring 2005)
- Disney's Parade of Dreams (May 5, 2005 - November 11, 2008)
- This attraction's history: No significant changes since it began.