It's Tough to Be a Bug!
It's Tough to Be a Bug! combines a 3D movie with effects inside the theater for a film that explores some of the difficulties of being so small. The show may be too intense for young children (or anybody with a fear of insects). As with most such films it is interesting to see once, though perhaps not more than that.
- Location: To the left as you pass the "a bug's land" entrance sign.
- Date Opened: 2/8/2001
- # of Ride Units: One theater
- Ride Capacity:
- Restraint Method: None
- Ticket Rating: C Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Open/Close: Opens and closes with the park.
- Wait Times: While not common, it may be necessary to wait for a second show to start, or about 15 minutes.
- Length of Ride: 9 minutes
- FastPass: No
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: Guests wait in an "anty" room for the show to begin. The room has various insect related decorations.
- Health Restriction: For the most part, the show should be fine for people with any condition. Note, however, that at one point in the show your seat will poke you in the back, people with spinal or back problems may want to sit forward to avoid this.
- Ride Access: The queue and waiting area are wheelchair and ECV accessible.
- Wheelchair Transfer: Wheelchair and ECV spaces are available in the theater.
- Service Animals: Yes
- Audio: Reflective captioning and assistive listening devices are available from guest services.
- Weight and Size Issues: The theater seats should accommodate most guests and there is plenty of leg room between rows.
- Height Restriction: No
- Child Swap: No
- Other Issues: This is not a good attraction for young children. There are several startling and potentially frightening special effects on this attraction. "Bugs" crawling around you. Giant spiders fall down from the ceiling. Poisonous bugs squirt poison at every audience member. Wasps "sting" audience members in the back with a sharp poke.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.