Location: The fireworks can be viewed from many places in the park, but the targeted viewing location is in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.
Date Opened: June 12, 2009
Capacity: About 1000 in the ideal viewing locations, many thousands otherwise.
# of Shows: Once per day
Photos and Autographs:
Wait Times: Secondary viewing locations (Main Street Station, Rivers of America, Small World Mall) will provide decent viewing right up until the time the show starts. However, to get one of the ideal locations right in front of the castle will require staking out a spot more than two hours in advance on the busier days.
Length of Show: 15 minutes
Queue Description: There is no queue, though the view is different from various locations.
Ride Access: There is no dedicated wheelchair viewing area for the fireworks show. It may be preferable to watch from one of the secondary viewing locations where most guests will be allowed to sit. In front of the castle, viewers have to stand and will block the views of those in wheelchairs and ECVs.
Service Animals: Yes
Audio: Audio is a key component of the fireworks show, with a soundtrack sung by Eden Espinosa, but no assistive devices are available.
Weight and Size Issues:
Height Restriction: No
Child Swap: No
Other Issues: If your child is sensitive to loud noises but still wants to see the fireworks, viewing from Main Street Station or New Orleans Square along Rivers of America will provide the most distance form the loud noises. Small World Mall and right in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle are both very close to explosions.
: mysqli_fetch_array(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result in /home/www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php
on line 341
History and Trivia
- At this location: Fireworks have been a constant feature of the summer nighttime sky at Disneyland since nearly the beginning of the park. Fantasy in the Sky was the standard very long running fireworks show lasting from 1958 until 2000. Since then several new shows have been designed taking advantage of modern pyrotechnics and new lighting technologies.
- Believe...There's Magic in the Stars (February 15, 2000 - December 2004)
- Imagine...Fantasy in the Sky (December 2004 - May 2005)
- Remember...Dreams Come True (May 5, 2005 - June 2009)
- Other Trivia:
- Sponsors: Since December 2004, Honda has been the sponsor of all Disneyland fireworks shows.