Magical - Disney's New Nighttime Fireworks Spectacular
This show is permanently closed. This page is retained here for historical interest.
The latest fireworks show from director Steven Davison presents the wonder of magic in its various forms. Using a soundtrack including original recording by Broadway star Eden Espinosa and audio from classic Disney movies - and an aerial appearance by Dumbo - the magic of childhood, wishes, imagination, and a kiss are all made explosive.
- Wait Times: Secondary viewing locations (Main Street Station, Rivers of America, Small World Mall) will provide decent viewing right up until the time the show starts. However, to get one of the ideal locations right in front of the castle will require staking out a spot more than two hours in advance on the busier days.
- Length of Show: 15 minutes
- FastPass: No
- Queue Description: There is no queue, though the view is different from various locations.
- Health Restriction:
- Ride Access: There is no dedicated wheelchair viewing area for the fireworks show. It may be preferable to watch from one of the secondary viewing locations where most guests will be allowed to sit. In front of the castle, viewers have to stand and will block the views of those in wheelchairs and ECVs.
- Wheelchair Transfer:
- Service Animals: Yes
- Audio: Audio is a key component of the fireworks show, with a soundtrack sung by Eden Espinosa, but no assistive devices are available.
- Weight and Size Issues:
- Height Restriction: No
- Child Swap: No
- Other Issues: If your child is sensitive to loud noises but still wants to see the fireworks, viewing from Main Street Station or New Orleans Square along Rivers of America will provide the most distance form the loud noises. Small World Mall and right in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle are both very close to explosions.
- At this location: Fireworks have been a constant feature of the summer nighttime sky at Disneyland since nearly the beginning of the park. Fantasy in the Sky was the standard very long running fireworks show lasting from 1958 until 2000. Since then several new shows have been designed taking advantage of modern pyrotechnics and new lighting technologies.
- Believe...There's Magic in the Stars (February 15, 2000 - December 2004)
- Imagine...Fantasy in the Sky (December 2004 - May 2005)
- Remember...Dreams Come True (May 5, 2005 - June 2009)
- Other Trivia:
- Sponsors: Since December 2004, Honda has been the sponsor of all Disneyland fireworks shows.
- The Announcement — From our Disneyland Park Update, video of show director Steven Davison's presentation in April 2009 announcing the new show.
- The Debut — From another Disneyland Park Update, video of the debut show.
Offsite Links (we can not vouch for their accuracy or timeliness)
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.