Wishes is the Magic Kingdom's nightly fireworks show. Narrated by Jiminy Cricket, the show uses fireworks and music to examine making wishes come true. The theme music for Wishes is an original piece by Gregory Smith and the score adds portions of 12 classic Disney songs.
- Location: The show can be viewed from many locations through the park; the ideal locations are in front of Cinderella Castle.
- Date Opened: 10/9/2003
- Capacity: Thousands, though viewing quality varies drastically by location.
- # of Shows: Once a day
- Characters: Voices of several characters are heard in the soundtrack, but none are seen.
- Photos and Autographs: No
- Wait Times: For top viewing spots, expect to claim a spot an hour or more before the show.
- Length of Show: 12 minutes
- FastPass: No
- Queue Description: None
- Health Restriction:
- Ride Access: Viewing of the fireworks is possible from all over the park, though the best views will be from the area in front of Cinderella Castle. If in a wheelchair or ECV, the difficulty will be in finding a place where your view will not be obstructed by people standing in front of you.
- Wheelchair Transfer:
- Service Animals: Yes
- Audio: There are spoken lines during the show, as well as music used to tell the story. However, there are no assistive devices offered for the show.
- Weight and Size Issues:
- Height Restriction:
- Child Swap:
- Other Issues:
- At this location: Wishes replaced the very long-running fireworks show Fantasy in the Sky, which had premiered in 1976.
- The Attraction's History: The show remains essentially unchanged since it premiere in 2003.
- Other Trivia:
- The designers: Steven Davison was the shows creator; Davison also designed the Believe
There's Magic in the Stars show at Disneyland. Eric Tucker provided the pyrotechnic design and Steve Skorija and Gregory Smith did the music.
- Lots of boom: More than 650 individual shells are launched during the show.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.