The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
This attraction opened in Fantasyland in 1999 replacing Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, which had been an original park attraction. Pooh is a dark ride suitable for all ages, and especially appealing to children. Large honey pots accommodating 4 guests take a trip to the Hundred Acre Wood and encounter Pooh and all his cohorts. Advanced technology is used in the ride vehicles to simulate Tigger's bounce as well as motion simulators to put guests in the middle of classic scenes such as The Blustery Day and The Floody Place.
- Location: Near the Tomorrowland entrance to Fantasyland; opposite Mad Tea Party.
- Date Opened: 6/5/1999
- # of Ride Units: 12 honey pots
- Ride Capacity: 4 adults per honey pot
- Restraint Method: Lapbar
- Ticket Rating: C Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Open/Close: Opens and closes with the park. This attraction is open during both morning and evening Extra Magic Hours.
- Wait Times: A very popular ride with children, wait times can easily become more than 45 minutes. Using FastPass is highly recommended.
- Length of Ride: 3 minutes
- FastPass: Yes
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: As of November 2010, the queue was given a complete makeover, heavily theming the often lengthy wait for the ride. In addition to normal prop theme elements putting you in the Hundred Acre Woods, there are also many interactive elements primarily intended to entertain young children.
- Health Restriction: Minimal, gentle bouncing in one room of the attraction may be uncomfortable for some conditions.
- Ride Access: Users of ECVs and large wheelchairs must transfer to standard wheelchairs before entering queue. Riders using wheelchairs will have to wait for specially constructed "hunny pot" vehicle to come around before boarding (should be no more than 4 minutes).
- Wheelchair Transfer: It is not required, though if using an ECV or large wheelchair transferring to a standard wheelchair will be necessary.
- Service Animals: Yes
- Audio: Hand-held captioning devices are available from Guest Services.
- Weight and Size Issues: Might be cramped for two large people to sit in same row.
- Height Restriction: None
- Child Swap: Yes
- Other Issues:
- At this location: To make room for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, in 1998 Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was closed for good. That ride had been at the park since opening day in 1971.
- The Attraction's History: As part of the Fantasyland expansion, November 2010 saw the introduction of a new extensively themed queue for this ride. In addition to more traditional theming, child-friendly itneractive elements were added such as a giant book page that responds when you knock on it, crates that can be crawled throgh, and gophers that pop up out of their holes. More advanced is an electronic display of flowing honey in which guests can write using their fingers.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.