Paradise Pier is possibly the most controversial land at a Disney theme park. For some, the theme of a turn-of-the-century boardwalk amusement park flies in the face of Walt Disney's stated ideals when creating Disneyland. But most visitors don't care about such questions so long as they have fun, and Paradise Pier has the most rides of any land at the park. The faux-"woody" California Screamin' roller coaster moves into the giant Mickey's Fun Wheel ferris wheel, and then there is a large kiddy-ride section at the other end.
- Location: Far back of the park, beyond the Pacific Wharf area.
- Date Opened: February 8, 2001
- # of Rides and Attractions: 9
- # of Entertainment and Shows: 4
- # of Dining Locations: 9
Here you will find a list of selected rides, shows, or restaurants that have been removed fromParadise Pier, never to return.
- Rides and Attractions
- Maliboomer Get shot 180 feet into the air and enjoy the view, briefly. (February 8, 2001 - September 6, 2010)
- Mulholland Madness A mad-mouse roller coaster through the famed Los Angeles traffic. (February 8, 2001 - October 11, 2010)
- Orange Stinger Buzz around like bees inside an orange on this bucket-and-chain ride. (February 8, 2001 - July 14, 2009)
- S.S. rustworthy A very interactive water playground.(February 8, 2001 - September 6, 2010)
- Entertainment, Shows and Special Events
- Burger Invasion A limited McDonald's menu. (February 8, 2001 - September 2, 2008)
- Malibu-ritos As the name suggests, all about the burritos. (February 8, 2001 - September 2006)
- Pizza Oom Mow Mow Thick crust pizzas that are of higher quality than elsewhere at the resort. (February 8, 2001 - September 6, 2010)
- Strips, Dips, n' Chips Chicken strips and french fries. (February 8, 2001 - September 2006)
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.