Gadget's Go Coaster
It is hard to imagine a tamer roller coaster than Gadget's Go Coaster but it is a good introduction for young children. Gadget, a mouse from the animated television series Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers may be the most obscure character to have a ride at Disneyland.
- Location: Back left of Toontown as you walk towards the residential section.
- Date Opened: 1/24/1993
- # of Ride Units: Only one train runs at a time.
- Ride Capacity: Each train consists of eight cars, which can fit two adults (tightly) for a total of 16 passengers.
- Restraint Method: Lapbar
- Ticket Rating: C Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Sponsor: Sparkle
- Open/Close: Opens and closes with Toontown, which is generally later and earlier than the rest of the park.
- Wait Times: Limited capacity makes this a slow line, though it will still rarely be more than 20-30 minutes.
- Length of Ride: 45 seconds
- FastPass: No
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: Not much of a queue, just a corral along the outside of the attraction.
- Health Restriction: This is a roller coaster, so people with heart, back, neck or other problems that can be exacerbated by sudden changes in direction should consider not riding. Pregnant women should not ride. That said, it is about as mild a roller coaster as can be constructed.
- Ride Access: Wheelchair and ECV users should enter the attraction through a side queue at the far right of the attraction.
- Wheelchair Transfer: It is necessary to transfer from wheelchairs and ECVs to ride Gadget's Go Coaster. The small size of the vehicles may make such transfers more difficult.
- Service Animals: No
- Audio: Atmospheric music only.
- Weight and Size Issues: The cars are on the small size. If you are at all large, you'll probably want to ride alone. Long legs will feel cramped.
- Height Restriction: 35" (89 cm.).
- Child Swap: Yes. Approach the cast member at the entrance to the queue and request a rider switch pass. When the rest of your party exits the ride, two people can return through the side entrance with the rider switch pass.
- Other Issues: A long line can move rather slowly because there’s only one train on the track. There is one lap bar for the entire bench seat. When a child is seated next to an adult, there may be a gap between the bar and the child. You may want to keep an extra hand on your child.
- At this location: Gadget's Go Coaster has been in this location since the area was first opened as Mickey's Toontown in 1993.
- The Attraction's History: The attraction has seen no significant changes since opening.
- Other Trivia
- Technical Specifications: The coaster is a modified version of Vekoma's "Junior Coaster." The track is 679 feet long and the maximum speed is about 22 miles per hour.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.