The Barnstormer is a small roller coaster in which you join Goofy on a quick plane ride. Goofy's not such a good pilot as the twists and turns show and eventually you crash through his barn at Wiseacre Farm.
- Location: On the right side of the entrance to Storybook Circus, past Dumbo.
- Date Opened: October 1, 1996
- # of Ride Units: Two trains run simultaneously
- Ride Capacity: 16 riders per train
- Restraint Method: Lapbar
- Ticket Rating: C Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Open/Close: Open and close with the park.
- Wait Times: The ride if visually appealing to children and the popularity with this group combines with low capacity to make for a long wait for a short ride. Waits over 30 minutes are standard.
- Length of Ride: About 1 minute, almost half of which is spent on the lift.
- FastPass: No
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: The queue highlights the Great Goofini's amazing feats.
- Health Restriction: Expectant mothers should not ride. Persons with back problems, heart problems, or a tendency to motion sickness should consider not riding.
- Ride Access: The queue is accessible to wheelchairs and ECVs.
- Wheelchair Transfer: It is necessary to transfer from a wheelchair or ECV into the ride vehicles. This is done at the normal loading station and the train can be held as long as necessary for transfer.
- Service Animals: No
- Audio: There is no audio component to this attraction.
- Weight and Size Issues: The "planes" are on the small size and will be uncomfortable for very large or very tall passengers. Riding alone in a car may alleviate this but it will be cramped.
- Height Restriction: 35" (89 cm.)
- Child Swap: Yes
- Other Issues: None
At this location: Prior to the installation of The Barnstormer Goofy's Wiseacre Farm was a petting zoo known as Grandma Duck's Farm. The star attraction was a cow with Mickey-ear shaped spots named Minnie Moo. When construction began on The Barnstormer in 1995, the petting zoo and all occupants were moved to Wilderness Lodge. Minnie Moo died in 2002. To make room for The Barnstormer (as well as Donald's Boat) it was necessary to shift and shorten the Grand Prix Raceway (now Tomorrowland Speedway).
The Attraction's History: The attraction was closed in 2011 and rethemed to align with the Storybook Circus area that replaced Mickey's ToonTown. It reopened in March 2012.
The manufacturer: The track for The Barnstromer was constructed by Vekoma International.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.