Grizzly River Run
Grizzly River Run makes use of the bear-shaped mountain that is the signature landmark of Disney's California Adventure. A river raft ride that is designed to get you wet, it is themed to the great river rapids in the Sierra Nevada mountains. The ride was designed with the ability to control how wet riders get depending on weather, but be warned that even a warm day can feel cool if darkness falls while you're still wet. Free lockers are provided to keep valuables dry.
- Location: Just beyond the Grand California Hotel entrance/exit.
- Date Opened: 2/8/2001
- # of Ride Units:
- Ride Capacity: 8 people per raft
- Restraint Method: Seatbelt
- Ticket Rating: E Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Open/Close: Opens and closes with the park.
- Wait Times: During warm hours on peak days, the standby line can get up to 60 minutes, though lines can be practically non-existent on cool days or late in the evening.
- Length of Ride: 5 minutes
- FastPass: Yes
- Single Rider: Yes, but only during peak periods. Check with a cast member at the beginning of the line.
- Queue Description: The queue winds through the Cascade Mountains themed attraction scenery, offering views of the ride in progress.
- Health Restriction: There are several bumps, jerks and drops on the ride so people with conditions that could be exacerbated by such should consider not riding. Pregnant women should not ride. Riders will get wet so equipment should though of before riding.
- Ride Access: Much of the queue is wheelchair and ECV accessible so start out by getting into the regular line. Keep an eye out along the queue for a gate with a wheelchair logo and go through it. Take this path to the loading platform.
- Wheelchair Transfer: The river rafts are not accessible and require transfer. The loading dock that ability to capture a raft and hold it aside, allowing extra time for loading and unloading the raft.
- Service Animals: Yes
- Audio: Background atmospheric audio and announcements only.
- Weight and Size Issues: Large passengers may find the seatbelts tight but just about everybody should fit.
- Height Restriction: 42" (107 cm.)
- Child Swap: Ask the cast member at the entrance to the queue for a rider switch pass. When the rest of your party exits the attraction, two people may return through the Fast Pass entrance.
- Other Issues: You will get wet. You may get very wet. There are free lockers nearby to store valuables temporarily without a fee. Many guests wear ponchos on this ride.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.