Bay Lake Tower
Bay Lake Tower is Walt Disney World's newest Disney Vacation Club property and has perhaps the best location of them all. Attached to the iconic Contemporary Resort via an aerial walkway, the Bay Lake Tower guest gets all the advantages of that resort plus access to a rooftop observation deck offering the best views of the Magic Kingom and its fireworks shows.
- Address: 4600 North World Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830
- Resort Phone #: 407-939-7429
- Resort Fax #: 407-824-3539
- Reservation #: 407-934-7639
- Date Opened: 8/4/2009
- Resort Category: DVC
- Room Information
- # of Buildings: 1 large tower
- # of Rooms: 295 rooms
- Room Rates: All units are equivalent to two-bedroom villas at other DVC properties. See the official Disney page for Animal Kingdom Villas for current room rates.
- Services Information
- Concierge Service: No
- Valet Parking: Yes ($12/day)
- Room Service: Yes, available 24 hours.
- Internet: Wired in-room ethernet port. $9.95 for 24-hours. Free for DVC members staying on points.
- Laundry: A free laundry room is on the first floor of the towel. Dry cleaning services are available from your room for a fee.
- Pools and swimming: In addition to Bay Lake Pool in the main Contemporary Resort area, Bay Lake Tower guests also have exclusive access to the Bay Cove Pool, which has its own slide, children's water play area, and poolside snack bar.
- Gym and Exercise: The Olympiad Fitness Center is located on the third floor of the Contemporary Tower, serving both resorts, and is open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Personal trainers are available for a fee and by appointment.
- Spa: Yes, spa treatments are offered in the Olympiad Fitness Center
- Turndown service: No
- Owner's Locker
- MousePlanet partner Owner's Locker provides a highly useful service for repeat Walt Disney World visitors. It will allow you to to store a large amount of your "only-in-Florida" belongings on-site between your visits. Owner's Locker will deliver your locker to your resort early on the morning of your arrival and pick it up the day that you leave. Your locker will stay in climate-controlled storage until you return on your next visit. Owner's Locker delivers to resorts throughout the Orlando area, not just to Walt Disney World. Some of the many things that Owner's Lockers have been used to store are full-sized liquid containers to avoid the TSA hassle, clothing, holiday decorations for annual visits, pool playthings, and more. Visit their site and check them out for yourself, or order now!
- Transportation Information
- On foot: Walking to Magic Kingdom is allowed, but be sure to stick to the designated route.
- Bus: There is no separate bus stop for Bay Lake Towers, guests will need to use the common bus stop for the Contemporary Resort. Busses provide direct access to Disney's Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, the two water parks, and Downtown Disney. Other locations can be reached by going to one of the parks or Downtown Disney and transferring to a different bus.
- Monorail: The monorail station is located on the concourse level of the Contemporary Resort tower and provides access to Magic Kingdom, Grand Floridian Hotel, Polynesian Resort, and the Ticket & Transportation Center (TTC). At the TTC, you can transfer to the Epcot monorail.
- Ferries: A launch travels between the Contemporary Resort and Fort Wilderness.
- Other dining — At Bay Lake Tower, Cove Bar provides light food and a full bar for guests enjoying the Bay Cove Pool. Up on the top floor of the tower, exclusively for Disney Vacation Club members (or guests of such) is the Top of the World Lounge, a full service bar with an observation lounge providing the best view of the Magic Kingdom and fireworks shows. Quick food options in the Contemporary Tower include Contempo Cafe, a late night quick food option with standard grill foods available until midnight, and Contemporary Grounds with all the normal coffee drink options.
- Shuffleboard, tennis, volleyball, and bocce ball courts are all available for guest use. Community Hall inside Bay Lake Tower offers indoor games like ping pong, foosball or just hanging out watching TV. The Contemporary Resort area also has its own beach area and the marina offers watercraft rentals of various types. In the evening the Electrical Water Pageant puts on an after dark show featuring barges decorated with lights and cruising by on Bay Lake.
This location is not currently listed in our Reader Review system. To learn more about
our system, please see this page
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.