Wildlife Express Train
Part of the Eastern Star Railway, these steam engines are the only way for Animal Kingdom visitors to make their way out to Rafiki's Planet Watch. As a bonus the ride out there gives some quick views of offstage areas including holding pens for various animals.
- Location: To take the take out to Rafiki's Planet Watch find the depot in Africa, to the right of Kilimanjaro Safaris but before the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail.
- Date Opened: April 22, 1998
- # of Ride Units: 2 five-car trains (there are three engines so that one can be out of service).
- Ride Capacity: 250 people per train.
- Restraint Method: None.
- Ticket Rating: B Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Open/Close: Opens and closes with Rafiki's Planet Watch
- Wait Times: Trains leave every 7 minutes or so and it would be uncommon to wait for more than one train.
- Length of Ride: 5 minutes each way
- FastPass: No
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: A themed train depot.
- Health Restriction: None.
- Ride Access: Enter through the standard queue, once on the boarding platform a cast member will provide instructions.
- Wheelchair Transfer: Not required.
- Service Animals: Yes.
- Weight and Size Issues: None.
- Height Restriction: None.
- Child Swap: No.
- Other Issues: Children must remain seated in their own place and not on laps.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.