This attraction is permanently closed. This page is retained here for historical interest.
Orange Stinger is a bucket and chain ride that takes place inside one of DCA's more striking structures. Set on the edge of the water, this giant orange houses 16 bucket seats suspended by chains. The seats flare out as the interior hub spins, providing nice views through gaps in the orange out onto Paradise Pier.
- Open/Close: Opens and closes with the park.
- Wait Times: Rarely more than 10-15 minutes.
- Length of Ride: 2 minutes
- FastPass: No
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: An exterior corral.
- Health Restriction: The ride swings around a central axis, but gently enough that it shouldn't be a problem. Riders should be able to sit upright on their own.
- Ride Access: Wheelchair and ECV users should enter the regular queue. When you reach the stairs, there is an elevator to the right that will take you up to the loading platform.
- Wheelchair Transfer: Riders must transfer from wheelchairs and ECVs to the ride's seats.
- Service Animals: No
- Audio: Atmospheric sound only.
- Weight and Size Issues: The bucket seats can support just about any weight but larger guests will find them uncomfortably tight.
- Height Restriction: 48" (122 cm.)
- Child Swap: Ask the cast member entrance to the queue for a rider switch pass. When the rest of your party exits the attraction, two people may return.
- Other Issues: Everybody rides in an isolated bucket seat. You need to be confident that your child will not misbehave since it would be possible to fall out of a moving seat.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.