Pinocchio's Daring Journey
The last of the Fantasyland dark rides built, Pinocchio's Daring Journey didn't join Disneyland until the Fantasyland reconstruction of 1983. Based on the animated classic, Jiminy Cricket is your guide through various scenes from the movie.
- Location: In the area right behind Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- Date Opened: 5/25/1983
- # of Ride Units:
- Ride Capacity: Each unit can accommodate up to four adults, with two in each of row.
- Restraint Method: Lapbar
- Ticket Rating: C Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Open/Close: Opens and closes with the park. The ride closes during fireworks. Open during Magic Mornings.
- Wait Times: Except on the busiest days, lines will not be longer than 20-30 minutes.
- Length of Ride: 3 minutes
- FastPass: No
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: Not much to see in this queue as it winds around itself.
- Health Restriction: Should be fine for just about anybody.
- Ride Access: The queue is not wheelchair or ECV accessible. Enter through the exits. The exit for this ride is very narrow, and pose a serious navigation problem. Be careful not to block the exits for other guests.
- Wheelchair Transfer: Is is required that riders transfer from wheelchairs and ECVs.
- Service Animals: Yes
- Audio: No assistive devices are available and sound plays only a minor role in the attraction.
- Weight and Size Issues: There should be plenty of room for most adults and more room can be had if necessary by sitting alone in a row.
- Height Restriction: No
- Child Swap: No
- Other Issues: This is a "dark" ride with some scenes that may be scary to young children.
- At this location: When the park opened, this location was home to the Mickey Mouse Club Theater, where Disney cartoons were shown, with the
presented cartoons changing every once in a while. Also shown periodically in the theater, beginning in June 1956 was 3D Jamboree, a 3D movie featuring the Mouseketeers, the
film stopped showing in 1964. Also in 1964 the theater's name was changed to Fantasyland theater but filled much the same role (it was only open during peak periods)
until it closed in December 1981 for the Fantasyland redesign.
- This attraction's history: The ride remains much the same as when it opened in 1984.
- Other Trivia:
- After you...no, after you: Pinocchio's Daring Journey was the first Disneyland attraction to have first appeared at Tokyo Disneyland. The
ride had long been on the drawing board for Disneyland but schedules worked out such that it actually opened in Japan about a month earlier than in Disneyland.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.