Innoventions: The Road to Tomorrow
Innoventions is a giant commercial. High tech manufacturers display cutting edge technology such as Segway Human Transporters and high definition television systems from Lutron. Innoventions is divided into two buildings: Innoventions West and Innoventions East with the Innovention Courtyard Fountain in between them. Themed to be an "information superhighway" each exhibit is noted with a traffic sign.
- Location: On either side of the main walkway behind Spaceship Earth.
- Date Opened: 7/1/1994
- # of Ride Units: None, the attraction is a walkthrough.
- Ride Capacity: Varies depending on exhibit.
- Restraint Method: None
- Ticket Rating: B Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Sponsor: Several
- Open/Close: Open and close with the park.
- Wait Times: Most exhibits are self-guided, but a few put on timed shows with queues. Lines generally aren't more than 10 or 15 minutes.
- Length of Ride: Self-guided, but a full exploration will take at least an hour, possibly quite a bit longer.
- FastPass: No
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: No external queue, some exhibits have short queues with minimal, if any, theming.
- Health Restriction: None
- Ride Access: The general areas of both Innoventions are accessible to wheelchairs and ECVs.
- Wheelchair Transfer: Not necessary to enter buildings, some exhibits may not be fully accessible.
- Service Animals: Yes
- Audio: Assistive listening devices are available for this show from Guest Services.
- Weight and Size Issues: Should be none.
- Height Restriction: None
- Child Swap: No
- Other Issues:
- At this location: Innoventions replaced Communicore which was in place when the park opened in 1982. Like Innoventions, Communicore presented exhibits on technology and science from a variety of corporate presenters. When the Communicore closed in January 1994, the buildings were remodeled and what had been two semicircular buildings became four. Innoventions now occupies the two closest to Spaceship Earth while the other two house the MouseGear store and Ice Station Cool.
- The Attraction's History: Innoventions is meant to be in a state of relatively constant change as exhibitors come and go, therefore it has seen a lot of changes since it opened in 1994.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.