Location: In the section of Frontierland that connects to Liberty Square, before the exit to Adventureland.
Date Opened: 10/1/1971
# of Ride Units: One theater
Restraint Method: None
Ticket Rating: B Ticket
Ride Photo: No
Open/Close: Opens and closes with the park.
Wait Times: Except on the busiest of days it should not be necessary to wait more than one show to get in.
Length of Ride: 15 minutes
Single Rider: No
Queue Description: The lobby of Grizzly Hall is decorated to show of the history of the bears in the Country Bear Jamboree.
Health Restriction: None
Ride Access: The waiting area and theater are fully accessible.
Wheelchair Transfer: Not necessary.
Service Animals: Yes
Audio: Assistive listening and reflective captioning devices are available for this attraction at Guest Services.
Weight and Size Issues: None
Height Restriction: None
Child Swap: No
: mysqli_fetch_array(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result in /home/www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php
on line 341
History and Trivia
- At this location: Country Bear Jamboree has been at this location since the park opened in 1971.
- The Attraction's History: The current Country Bear Jamboree is essentially identical to the show that opened in 1971. In 1986, however, it was the first existing audio-animatronic show to be completely reprogrammed to a new performance. From 1986 to 1992 the show changed to Country Bear Vacation Hoedown, which had a new set of songs and set pieces using the same characters. Though the Walt Disney World version reverted back to the original as part of the 20th anniversary celebrations, the Disneyland edition of Country Bear Jamboree switch permanently until the entire attraction was closed in 2002.
- Other Trivia:
- The creative genius: The character design for Country Bear Jamboree was done by famed imagineer Marc Davis.
- Just the one theater: Unlike the Disneland version, Country Bear Jamboree has just one theater; Disneyland had two identical theaters to increase capacity.
- Sponsors: Pepsi and Frito Lay sponsored Country Bear Jamboree from its opening in 1971 through 1981.