Snow White's Scary Adventure
Snow White's Scary Adventure is one of the three original Fantasyland dark rides from 1955 (Peter Pan's Flight and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride are the other two), although it was just Snow White's Adventure until 1983. Each ride unit is named after one of the seven dwarfs and goes their home and the surrounding forest. Sharp-eyed observers will detect a menacing presense as they enter the building.
- Location: In the area right behind Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- Date Opened: 7/17/1955
- # of Ride Units:
- Ride Capacity: Each unit can accommodate up to four adults, with two in each of row.
- Restraint Method: Lapbar
- Ticket Rating: C Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Open/Close: Opens and closes with the park. The ride closes during fireworks. Open during Magic Mornings.
- Wait Times: Except on the busiest days, lines will not be longer than 20-30 minutes.
- Length of Ride: 2 minutes
- FastPass: No
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: Not much to see in this queue as it winds around itself, though you might want to keep an eye on the second floor windows.
- Health Restriction: Should be fine for just about anybody.
- Ride Access: The queue is not wheelchair or ECV accessible. Enter through the exits and wait for instructions.
- Wheelchair Transfer: Is is required that riders transfer from wheelchairs and ECVs.
- Service Animals: Yes
- Audio: No assistive devices are available and sound plays only a minor role in the attraction.
- Weight and Size Issues: There should be plenty of room for most adults and more room can be had if necessary by sitting alone in a row.
- Height Restriction: No
- Child Swap: No
- Other Issues: This is a "dark" ride with some scenes that may be scary to young children.
- At this location: Snow White's Adventures was an opening day attraction and has been in this location ever since.
- This attraction's history: For the most part the ride remains very similar to when it opened in 1955. The big change is in
perspective. The original conception of the attraction was that the rider was Snow White, and therefore she was never actually seen in
the ride. As part of the New Fantasyland in 1983 this was changed so that Snow White is now seen in several locations during the ride. The
name was also changed at that time from Snow White's Adventures to Snow White's Scary Adventures to emphasize that the ride would be
scary to young riders.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.