A Walk in Walt's Footsteps
This tour focuses on the Disneyland known personally by Walt Disney. As you walk around the park your tour guide will share with you the lesser known details of his plans and hopes for various parts of the park. The guide will also share stories from the park's early days. While the tour does not spend much time showing you the behind-the-scenes working of the park highlights do include a visit to the lobby of Club 33 and some extra time with The Enchanted Tiki Room seeing pieces up close.
- Making reservations: Reservations for this tour can be made up to one month in advance by calling (714) 781-4400.
- Price: $59 for all participants.
- Discounts: A 20% discount is offered for Deluxe and Premium Annual Pass holders, and Disney Visa cardholders.
- Transportation: The entire tour is on foot. Participants must transport themselves to and from the park.
- Rain Policy: Tours are held rain or shine.
- Photography Policy: Photography when the tour is in "on stage" locations normally accessible to park guests and any other times indicated by the tour guide.
- After the tour: At the conclusion of the tour participants will receive a light meal, ordered at the beginning of the tour, consisting of a sandwich, drink, chips, and a cookie. Participants also receive a special tour pin.
- Tour length: Approximately 3.5 hours.
- Day and Time: The tour is offered twice daily and at around 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. (times may vary depending on park hours or other factors). Tour Guide Gardens, next to City Hall, is the starting point. Group size is limited to 15 and there must be at least 2 for the tour to be held.
- Basic Itinerary: — Start time: Participants gather at Tour Guide Gardens, equipment is handed out, meal orders taken, and introductions made.
— Main Street from the park entrance to Plaza Inn.
— The Enchanted Tiki; first watch the show then get to stay after the audience for additional presentations.
— Adventureland and New Orleans Square.
— Entry into the Club 33 with a quick look around (but not of the dining area).
— Train ride from New Orleans Square to Tomorrowland (after all, Critter Country and Toontown didn't exist in Walt's day).
— Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, then return to the tour's starting point.
- Access issues: Wheelchairs and ECVs should be able to go anywhere the tour goes. A radio receiver with headphones is provided to each tour participant so that the guide can be heard without effort.
- Walking required: This tour is held entirely on foot and will require walking at least a couple miles with several lengthy periods of just standing and watching.
- Age restrictions: There is no minimum age for this tour but keep in mind that it is more than three hours of walking, without any significant breaks, and listening to trivia and informative presentations by the tour guide. Know your child's ability to experience this type of activity without becoming destructively bored.
- Other issues:
- Tour Review — Annemarie Moody gives her review of the tour (August 27, 2010).
Offsite Links (we can not vouch for their accuracy or timeliness)
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.