Silly Symphony Swings
This classic swing ride is inspired by 1935's Silly Symphony animated short "The Band Concert." Just as in that cartoon the members of the band end up blowing through the air in a wind storm so too do riders fly around to the sound of Rossini's "William Tell Overture."
- Location: Back of Paradise Pier near Mulholland Madness.
- Date Opened: June 11, 2010
- # of Ride Units: 24 single seats and 12 tandem seats.
- Ride Capacity: 48 riders.
- Restraint Method: Lapbar.
- Ticket Rating: B Ticket
- Ride Photo: No.
- Sponsor: None.
- Open/Close: Opens and closes with the park. May close during inclement weather. This attraction does close during performances of World of Color but does reopen briefly between shows.
- Wait Times:
- Length of Ride: 1 minute.
- FastPass: No.
- Single Rider: Yes.
- Queue Description:
- Health Restriction: Riders with a fear of heights may not want to ride.
- Ride Access: Silly Symphony Swings has a separate entrance for guests in ECVs and wheelchairs or who will otherwise need extra time to board the attraction.
- Wheelchair Transfer: Yes,
- Service Animals: No.
- Audio: The ride does play music and has narration.
- Weight and Size Issues: Technically none, but guests are not allowed to ride if they can not sufficiently lower the safety bar.
- Height Restriction: 40" (102 cm.). Children under 48" (122 cm.) must ride in a tandem swing with an adult.
- Child Swap: No.
- Other Issues: While it is a very smooth ride it does involve hanging in a bucket out over empty space, a good way to discover a child's latent fear of heights.
- At this location: This spot has been home to a bucket swing ride since the park opened. The original version, which closed in July 2009, was the Orange Stinger in which riders could pretend they were bees buzzing around a giant California orange, a tribute to the orange groves that used to fill the area where Disneyland Resort now is.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.