Radiator Springs Racers
Radiator Springs Racers combines elements of both "dark" and thrill rides, taking riders around Ornament Valley and through Radiator Springs before sending them on a high-speed race to the finish line.
- Location: At the end of Route 66
- Date Opened: June 15, 2012
- # of Ride Units:
- Ride Capacity: Six passengers per car. Estimated capacity 1,500 riders per hour.
- Restraint Method: Seatbelts
- Ticket Rating: E Ticket
- Ride Photo: Yes
- Wait Times: 4 hours
- Length of Ride: 4 minutes
- FastPass: Yes
- Single Rider: Yes
- Queue Description: The queue centers around Stanley's Oasis, which was built around a spring that formed the original settlement of Ornament Valley. Buildings in the queue, staged to look like roadside stands, provide additional details and serve as an interesting distraction during the wait.
- Health Restriction:
- Ride Access: Fully accesible
- Wheelchair Transfer: riders can choose from two loading platforms depending on their specific needs. The "standard" height platform is used by passengers able to step down into the ride vehicle, while a second, lower platform is designed to make it easier for guests who need to transfer straight across from wheelchair to car.
- Service Animals:
- Weight and Size Issues:
- Height Restriction: 40 inches
- Child Swap: Yes
- Other Issues: Lightning McQueen and Mater take turns greeting visitors outside the Cozy Cones on Route 66, and Red the fire engine usually hangs out on the path to "a bug's land," so children not tall enough to ride can still meet some of their favorite Cars characters up close.
At this location: Radiator Springs Racers was part of an expansion of the original park boundaries and is in an area that was previously part of the Timon guest parking lot.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.