Mater's Junkyard Jamboree
While the residents of Cars Land were getting ready for the big race, Mater set up a square dance in his junkyard, building a giant makeshift jukebox out of spare parts like car radios and horns. The music attracted a herd of baby tractors, and Mater taught them to square dance. Riders spin and swing along in trailers pulled by the tractors while square dance music plays.
- Location: To the left as you enter Cars Land.
- Date Opened: June 15, 2012
- # of Ride Units: 22 tractors
- Ride Capacity: 600 riders per hour
- Restraint Method: Seat belt
- Ticket Rating: C Ticket
- Ride Photo: No
- Wait Times:
- Length of Ride: 90 seconds
- FastPass: No
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: Riders enter through Mater's junkyard, filled with souvenirs from Mater's Tall Tales. Rusting Radiator Springs license plates are nailed all around the queue, and even the stanchion poles are decorated with spare parts.
- Health Restriction:
- Ride Access: Fully accessible
- Wheelchair Transfer: Riders must be able to transfer into the ride vehicle. You can roll right up to your vehicle to board; a cast member will move your wheelchair to a holding area until the ride ends, then return it to you. One car has a swing-out door to help riders transfer from a wheelchair, but the attraction does not offer transfer boards.
- Service Animals:
- Weight and Size Issues:
- Height Restriction: 32 inches
- Child Swap: Yes
- Other Issues: A "petting zoo" with a baby tractor is available for photo opportunities.
At this location: The space used for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree was originally Bountiful Valley Farm, a section of the park dedicated to highlighting the agricultural production of California. The area was eventually given a light retheming and incorporated into "a bug's land" but still with the name Bountiful Valley Farms and that is how things remained until the area was closed in 2010 for construction of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and the Cars Land entrance.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.