Luigi's Flying Tires
Luigi's Flying Tires is a modern take on a very old Disneyland attraction. Over in Tomorrowland you were once able to ride flying saucers but due to maintenance issues that ride did not long survive. Cars Land returns to that idea allowing guests to ride truck tires (essentially little hover crafts) and try to throw giant beach balls at each other back behind Luigi's Casa Della Tires shop.
- Location: Toward the back of Route 66, on the left
- Date Opened: June 15, 2012
- # of Ride Units: 21
- Ride Capacity: 600 riders per hour. In practice, considerably fewer.
- Restraint Method: Seat belt
- Ticket Rating: C
- Ride Photo: No
- Wait Times:
- Length of Ride: 2 minutes
- FastPass: No
- Single Rider: No
- Queue Description: You enter the ride through Luigi's Casa Della Tires store where you see his showroom and office; the last section of queue is through Luigi's garden with automotive-themed topiaries.
- Health Restriction:
- Ride Access: Fully accesible queue
- Wheelchair Transfer: Riders must transfer. A ramp is available to allow transfer to vehicle without having to step up into and down out of the vehicle. A test vehicle outside the ride can be used to test out the step.
- Service Animals:
- Weight and Size Issues:
- Height Restriction: 32 inches
- Child Swap: Yes
- Other Issues: A certain amount of weight is required to maneuver the vehicle; children riding alone may have difficulty piloting a tire.
At this location: Luigi's Flying Tires was part of an expansion of the original park boundaries and is in an area that was previously part of the Timon guest parking lot.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.