Main Street Electrical Parade
Main Street Electrical Parade is one of the all time classic pieces of Disney entertainment. Returning to Magic Kingdom for the 2010 summer season it has since been turned into an open-ended engagement. To the sounds of "Baroque Hoedown" nine floats featuring Disney characters and stories are brought to life with kinetic floats entirely covered in lights. In this latest incarnation of the parade, Tinkerbell takes the lead position and things still end with the famous American flag/bald eagle float.
- Location: The standard Magic Kingdom parade route, starting at Main Street, U.S.A., and exiting through Frontierland.
- Date Opened:
- Capacity: Thousands, sit anywhere along the parade route.
- # of Shows: Once nightly
- Characters: Dozens of characters. Floats are dedicated to Tinkerbell, Mickey/Minnie/Goofy, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, and Pete's Dragon.
- Photos and Autographs: No.
- Wait Times: For best viewing experience you'll probably need to get in place 20-30 minutes ahead of time but walk up obstructed viewing is generally possible at showtime.
- Length of Show: 20 minutes.
- FastPass: No.
- Queue Description: None.
- Health Restriction: None.
- Ride Access: Viewing is from the sidewalks to either side of the parade route, so anywhere you can generally access along this route is available.
- Wheelchair Transfer: Not required.
- Service Animals: Yes.
- Audio: Only audio during parade is atmospheric music.
- Weight and Size Issues: None.
- Height Restriction: None.
- Child Swap: Not necessary.
- Other Issues: None.
- At this location: Main Street Electrical Parade and SpectroMagic have altnernated as Magic Kingdom's nighttime parade for many years. Main Street Electrical Parade debuted June 11, 1977, and ran until September 14, 1991. After closing, the floats were sent to Disneyland Paris. Shortly after that, the first SpectroMagic parade debuted and ran until May 21, 1999, when it was set aside to make room for the return of Main Street Electrical Parade. The MSEP that returned, however, was not the Walt Disney World, it was the Disneyland version, which had closed in 1996. It was decided to sent Main Street Electrical Parade to the new Disney's California Adventure park and MSEP closed for the second time on March 14, 2001. SpectroMagic then returned again on April 2, 2001, and ran uninterrupted until Main Street Electrical Parade returned from Disney's California Adventure on June 5, 2010.
You can help us keep these guides current. If you
see anything incorrect on this page, or if you have additional
information that should be added, please fill out our form.