Location: The entrance to the park, leads directly into most other lands
Date Opened: 10/1/1971
# of Rides and Attractions: 2
# of Entertainment and Shows: 3
# of Dining Locations: 6
Rides and Attractions
- Main Street Vehicles Use turn-of-the-(20th)-century transporation to get from one end of Main Street to the other.
- Walt Disney World Railroad Take a tour around the Magic Kingdom, or just use it as a shortcut around parade crowds.
Entertainment and Shows
- Main Street Electrical Parade Disney's classic nighttime parade returns to the Magic Kingdom for the third time.
- SpectroMagic Light invades the night with these elaborate floats using advanced fiber optic and computer technology. On indefinite hiatus
- Wishes The fireworks spectacular uses music and explosions to examine how wishes come true.
Stores and Shopping
In the Past...
Here you will find a list of selected rides, shows, or restaurants that have been removed fromMain Street, U.S.A., never to return.
- Entertainment, Shows and Special Events
: mysqli_fetch_array(): Couldn't fetch mysqli_result in /home/www.mouseplanet.com/guide.php
on line 341
History and Trivia
- At this location: Main Street, U.S.A. is an original land at the Magic Kingdom and has not changed in size since the park opened in 1971.
- The Land's History: As with a real smalltown Main Street, change is a slow but steady force in Main Street, U.S.A., though it is mostly of a more transparent nature. Restaurants and stores come and go without the lasting impact of the arrival and departures of rides and shows. Just about every major event at Walt Disney World has brought along a new daytime parade, and yet the night has only known Main Street Electrical Parade and SpectroMagic.
The wide variety of specialy shops has slowly been changed into fewer, larger stores. The Penny Arcade, House of Magic, and Main Street Bookstore were all combined into what is now Main Street Athletic Co. West Central Street was filled in completely by an expansion of Emporium in 2001.
A few attractions have disappeared over the years. Main Street Cinema is now a store but it used to show silent cartoons just as the one in Disneyland still does. The Plaza Swan boats opened on Main Street in May, 1973, and took people on a tour of the moat around the castle and going all the way over to Swiss Family Treehouse in Adventureland. The attraction only lasted a decade, closing in October 1983, and was never operated outside of peak attendance periods as it was a labor intensive attraction.
Related ArticlesRecent articles about this location