A Kid-Friendly Disneyland Scavenger Huntby Jenna Kahl, contributing writer
My family and I are no strangers to participating in MouseAdventure quest-based events. Our girls, being on the younger side, have always wanted to participate, but have yet to have the opportunity.
I am never one to back down from a challenge.
Since our little ones love taking pictures, I created a fun, reusable and versatile photo scavenger hunt for anyone who wants to add a little something extra to their next Disneyland Resort trip. The beauty of this hunt is that you can keep it as simple as you want by taking pictures with your phone and making the prize something simple, like a Mickey Bar or a pin for the champion.
Don't forget to make it personal and add things that are special to you and your family.
- Take a picture of yourself at the start of your day! (1 pt)
- Find and take a picture of a brick on the ground of the Esplanade with…
- The first name of someone in your family (2 pts)
- The same initials as you (first letter of your first name and last name) (3 pts)
- Take a picture of each member of the Fab Five (can be the actual character, signs, souvenirs etc.)
- Mickey Mouse (1 pt)
- Minnie Mouse (1 pt)
- Goofy (1 pt)
- Donald Duck (1 pt)
- Pluto (1 pt)
- Take a picture of you pretending to climb Matterhorn Mountain (1 pt)
- Find and take a picture of the address of the Magic Shop on Main Street (3 pts)
- Find and take a picture of a hidden Mickey (1 pt per Mickey)
- Find and take a picture of a skull, give your best pirate pose (2 pts)
Disney California Adventure Park
- Take a picture of the place where Clarabelle Cow serves sweet treats (2 pts)
- Find and take a picture of a plane (1 pt)
- Grab a bread or candy sample and take a selfie while you enjoy your treat (2 pts)
- Find the tallest ride and take a picture with your silliest face (1 pt)
- Find something or someone or some bug hiding in A Bugs Land (2 pts)
- Find a fountain and take a picture of yourself sleeping near it (1 pt)
- Find the biggest LEGO structure you can and take a picture (1 pt),
- If live music is playing, dance! If not, still dance and make your parents dance too. (10 pts)
Add Your Own
These quests are a great start, but don't forget to add in fun twists and personalize it:
- Find someone wearing a shirt from your home state, favorite sports team, or school and ask if they will take a picture with you (better for older kids)
- Use your body to spell out your name, letter by letter in locations across the Disneyland Resort
- Find a cast member from your home state or city and take picture with them
- Use math! How many steps are in Tarzan's Treehouse? How many times does King Arthur's Carousel go around? How many times do you hear "it's a small world" during one ride?
- Throw in some Disney history and landmarks such as the Partners statue, the light above the Fire Station, and other hidden treasures around the resort.