Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Disneyland Debut: Collected Coverage Plus LIVE Q&A on June 2, 2019by Alan S. Dalinka, staff writer
Welcome to our collection of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Disneyland Coverage: May 29–31, 2019 — PLUS: Wrap-up Q&A Stream on June 2, 2019!
On this page, we collect together the MousePlanet coverage from the debut of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland, from the Dedication Day and media events of May 29, to its public opening (for those with reservations) on May 31. The Twitter feed on this page should keep you up-to-date on the latest Disney Parks news and our latest tweets.
Our LIVE June 2, 2019 Wrap-up & Q&A Stream
Note: you may need to refresh the video or the page if you visit this page during the LIVE Q&A Stream.
Live Updating Twitter Feed (includes MousePlanet Periscope Video & Instagram Photos/Videos too!)
Replay: MousePlanet's Todd Pickering – Live at Disneyland Park Opening
Very early May 31, 2019, Todd streamed live on Instagram. This Replay adds Disney Parks-produced video and photos of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge to fill the screen.
May 31, 2019
Replay: Media Day Walk Through (Nearly Empty)
May 30, 2019.
MousePlanet's Todd Pickering Interviews Inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
This is a video playlist. There are multiple videos to see here!
Bob Chapek, Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences & Products Chats
Invited media discussion, May 29, 2019.
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Videos & Photos by Disney Parks featuring Imagineers, Creative Team, Sights, & More
This is a video playlist. There are multiple videos to see and it will get updated from time to time!
Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
Dok-Ondor's Den of Antiquities
Dedication Day Debut
Replay our nearly four-hour live stream from May 29, 2019, including video from inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge and the discussion by MousePlanet contributors around the country. It also includes a full replay of the Dedication Moment featuring Bob Iger, George Lucas, Billy Dee Williams, Mark Hammil and Harrison Ford.
And, Thanks to Our Sponsor: Get Away Today Travel
As you may recall from news reports over the past few months and as Adrienne's article sending you to Batuu Boot Camp reminded, between the public opening on May 31 and June 23, even if you have a park admission ticket or annual pass to visit Disneyland, you cannot enter Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge itself without a separate reservation for the new land. Disney offered two methods for getting a reservation. The Disneyland website method, however, sold out in just a few hours, and is no longer available. The method that remains available is to stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel between May 31 and June 23, because room bookings include an automatic reservation to Galaxy's Edge. If you aren't already staying at one, you can book a stay. [MousePlanet partner Get Away Today still has a block of rooms at Disneyland Resort Hotels select dates through June 18; book online or call 1-855-GET-AWAY (1-855-438-2929) to check rates and availability.]
Note: if you still need to buy your admission tickets, MousePlanet partner Get Away Today just announced a new ticket deal offering Adults at Kids Prices on 3-day or longer tickets purchased before June 7, 2019.
Looking for a Refresher?
Here is just a partial list of some of our coverage of the creation of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge over the past four years (each link opens in a new tab or window):
- Disneyland Resort Update for August 18-23, 2015 – includes reporting of the official announcement of the Star Wars-themed land coming to Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Land Awakens – from August 20, 2015
- Star Wars Land expansion means hiatus for Disneyland Railroad, Fantasmic, and Rivers of America – from September 25, 2015
- Star Wars Land Details About to be Revealed Soon – from February 18, 2016
- Creating Immersion in Star Wars Land – from May 19, 2016
- New Disneyland Concept Art Revealed for Star Wars Land – from July 21, 2016
- Disneyland Resort Update for July 18–23, 2017 – includes D23 Expo announcements about the land and the display model
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Park Possibilities and Movie Shakeups – from July 20, 2017
- Walt Disney World Resort Update for November 21–27, 2017 – includes the reveal of the name of the planet at Galaxy's Edge as Batuu
- Disney Parks Star Wars Special December 2017 Update for Both Coasts – from December 18, 2017
- Being In-Universe on Batuu at Star Wars Galaxy's Edge – from January 18, 2018
- It All Began with a Book: Galaxy's Edge Planet a Setting in New Star Wars Book – from April 19, 2018
- Walt Disney World Resort Update for May 30 – June 4, 2018 – includes project updates from Star Wars: Galactic Nights at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Galaxy's Edge will be Your Star Wars Journey All-Day and All-Night – from July 19, 2018
- Star Wars Food and Drink coming to Galaxy's Edge? – from August 16, 2018
- 2019: A Rundown of Star Wars' Biggest Year – from January 17, 2019
- Project Stardust Brings More Changes to the Disneyland Resort – from March 28, 2019
- Get Your Boarding Pass to Batuu – from March 28, 2019
- Walt Disney World Resort Update for May 7–13, 2019 – includes interview with an Imagineer following an off-camera tour of Florida's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Face to face with the Falcon—my visit to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Disneyland, from May 9, 2019