- Disney After Hours: (hard ticket required; park entry at 7 p.m., event hours vary by published date and park)
…at Magic Kingdom (10 p.m. to 1:00 a.m.):
- August 29
- September 5 & 12
- September 19 & 26
- September 3, 9, 16, & 23
- Disney Vacation Club Moonlight Magic: (registration required)
…at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon
- September 18 & October 16, 2019
- Registration for Members with Resort Reservations now closed
- Registration opens for all Members: August 28, 2019 at 9 a.m. Eastern
- Mickey & Minnie's Surprise Celebration at Magic Kingdom – January 18 – September 30, 2019
- Party with Pixar Pals at Disney's Hollywood Studios – January 18 - September 30, 2019
- 25 Years of The Lion King at Disney's Animal Kingdom – January 18 – September 30, 2019
- Disney Glow Nights at Disney's Typhoon Lagoon (hard ticket required)
Thursday & Saturday nights from May 30-August 24, 2019. FINAL EVENTS
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom (hard ticket required)
- August 27, 30
- September 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29
- October 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31
- November 1
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – August 29 - November 23, 2019
(Eat to the Beat Concerts end November 19)
- Dapper Days at Walt Disney World (Unofficial Events) - November 16-17, 2019
- Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend – October 31 - November 3, 2019
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays – November 29 - December 30, 2019
(includes Candlelight Processional)
- Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom (hard ticket required) — Late Fall/Winter 2019
- November: 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22 & 24
- December: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20 & 22
Walt Disney World Resort Update for August 27 - September 2, 2019by Alan S. Dalinka, staff writer
Walt Disney World Resort Update for August 27 - September 2, 2019
Writer's note: On Sunday, at D23 Expo in Anaheim, Bob Chapek, Chairman Disney Parks, Experiences & Products announced the new projects in the works for Walt Disney World Resort (which we cover here today), Disneyland Resort (which Todd Pickering covered yesterday), Disney Cruise Line, and several other ventures around the world. Right on the heels of that, starting today, Disney's Hollywood Studios is holding its media events for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. So, while you are reading this, I am probably in or around Batuu II (or Batuu East, or Florida, or some other term that will eventually stick), but I have assembled it within sight of Batuu I at Disneyland Resort (really, its spires are out my window at Disneyland Hotel) and elsewhere in California. To make sure you get the news on our regular schedule, most of the text below comes directly from Disney press releases because there is not sufficient time for me to type in my commentary and experience to give you guidance of how to temper expectations. If you want some of that, Todd Pickering and I chatted about all the major domestic parks and Disney Cruise Line announcements on a Facebook Live video just hours after Bob Chapek concluded the announcements. I have embedded that directly below. In some cases where we may have not remembered all the relevant dates during that broadcast I have found the added details since and added them into the appropriate sections of this week's Update.
Todd Pickering and I discuss the major domestic parks and Disney Cruise Line announcements on Facebook Live on Sunday, August 26, 2019. Video by Alan S. Dalinka and Todd Pickering.
With Labor Day coming up next Monday, our usual schedule may shift a day or so next week, but, good news from our friends and sponsor, Get Away Today: MousePlanet readers can get an extra $10 off Get Away Today's already discounted tickets when purchasing any 3-day or longer Walt Disney World parks tickets for travel now through December 31, 2020. Use promo code: WDWSALE by September 4, 2019, to get the additional savings when booking at Get Away Today.
News and Views
Headlines are auto-generated here
Details of the Historic Transformation of Epcot
The big-picture news coming out of D23 Expo's presentation by Bob Chapek, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products on Sunday, is that Epcot's ongoing transformation will change the park from one with two lands (Future World and World Showcase), to one with four areas: World Showcase, World Celebration, World Nature, and World Discovery. The process will be a multi-year one, and Chapek gave no information on when we should expect the transformation to be complete. He used the description we have reported on many times before, that the intent is to create a park that is more Disney, more timeless, more family, and more relevant.
Epcot will be unified with four neighborhoods that each speak to important aspects of the world and its people: World Showcase, World Celebration, World Nature and World Discovery. Find out more about Epcot's transformation: https://t.co/Wb6wUP0nMy #D23Expo pic.twitter.com/1xLpHgh5IW— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) August 26, 2019
The video Chapek used to introduce his discussion of Epcot concluded with the tagline: "Epcot: The Magic of Possibility." When he stepped back on stage he promised that the reimagined park would have "more shade." For those folks that have visited Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios and either coast's version of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, more shade and protection from Florida downpours would be a very welcome thing in this very large Central Florida park.
The Imagineer leading the Epcot transformation is Zach Riddley. He took the stage and said that he sees the center of Epcot reflecting "the power of hope, the power of possibility, and the power of wonder." To that end, he said that guests should come away with the notion of imagining "the future that we can create together" and that the redesign is intended to inspire the next generation of children that visit the park, like he was inspired there as a child (and, yes, he showed photos of himself as a child in the park from decades ago).
A final note about the concept art shown at D23 Expo (and in the above tweet): as previously reported, the former Communicore/Innoventions West building will be razed for the transformation. It was widely believed that the upcoming closing of Electric Umbrella and temporary relocation of Mouse Gear meant that the East building would be razed as well. It is, however, shown on the latest concept art. And, contrary to some social media speculation following the Media Preview on Thursday night, the new Journey of Water attraction inspired by Disney's Moana will not replace The Seas With Nemo and Friends, but, rather, be built not too far from it.
Closer look at model of newly announced Journey of Water pavilion coming to #Epcot - in the Disney Parks pavilion at #d23expo and announced during the invited media preview with more details coming Sunday. #videobyasd see #video by @alandalinka at https://t.co/tw4PZmUIDH pic.twitter.com/Rf5tX7W7pc— MousePlanet (@MousePlanet) August 23, 2019
Disney Press Release Text
Walt Disney once said Epcot "would always be in a state of becoming"–it is a place that changes with the times. Over the next several years, the Walt Disney World Resort theme park will live up to that promise in a whole new way as it continues the biggest transformation of any Disney park in history, bringing the next generation of immersive storytelling to life through a plethora of new attractions and experiences.
Epcot will be unified with four neighborhoods that each speak to important aspects of the world and its people: World Showcase, World Celebration, World Nature and World Discovery. These neighborhoods will be filled with new experiences rooted in authenticity and innovation that take guests to new destinations, where the real is made fantastic in a celebration of curiosity, hands-on wonder and the magic of possibility.
- World Showcase will continue to be a celebration of culture, cuisine, architecture and traditions – infused with new magic.
- The United Kingdom pavilion will welcome the first attraction inspired by Mary Poppins. Guests will step in time down Cherry Tree Lane past Admiral Boom's house, then enter Number 17, home of the Banks family, where their adventure will begin.
- In 2020, following the limited-time run of "Epcot Forever," the new "HarmonioUS" will debut as the largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney park. It will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over, carrying them away harmoniously on a stream of familiar Disney tunes reinterpreted by a diverse group of artists from around the globe. "HarmonioUS" will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics, lasers and more.
- In summer 2020, the France pavilion will offer even more for guests to discover, including the much-anticipated attraction Remy's Ratatouille Adventure, where guests will shrink to the size of Chef Remy and race through Gusteau's restaurant on a wild adventure. Summer 2020 will also see the debut of a delicious new restaurant in the France pavilion, La Crêperie de Paris, offering both table- and quick-service options featuring a menu from celebrity chef Jérôme Bocuse.
- Also in the France pavilion, the classic Impressions de France film will be joined by the new "Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along," debuting in January 2020 and directed by Don Hahn, producer of both the animated and live-action versions of this tale as old as time.
- "Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360" will debut in January 2020 in the Canada pavilion with new scenes and a new story.
- In the China pavilion, "Wondrous China" will take guests on a spectacular journey across the country, filmed and presented in a completely seamless 360-degree digital format.
- World Celebration will offer new experiences that connect guests to one another and the world around them.
- The iconic Spaceship Earth will remain a voyage through time as the journey transforms to reflect the power of storytelling to unite the human experience. New narration and an entirely new musical score will focus on the moments and ideas that define the story of humanity. Guests will follow a magical "story light" that brings the entire experience to life in dynamic ways, giving each scene energy and beauty that ties the entire journey together.
- A new pavilion will be the perfect place for live events, and the home base for Epcot's signature festivals. It will provide a stunning elevated view of the entire park and an ideal spot to witness Epcot's nighttime spectacular. This beautiful three-level structure will have one of the most remarkable architectural designs at any Disney park, featuring a plaza level, a middle expo level, and a park that sits in the sky on the top level.
- Epcot's entrance plaza will be transformed with new experiences that connect guests with the world around them, welcoming them with a reimagined fountain, new pathways and sweeping green spaces that beautify the entryway. The design will pay homage to the origins of Epcot.
- As guests exit Spaceship Earth, they will discover a breathtaking new view of World Showcase from Dreamers Point. World Celebration will also feature a new statue celebrating the legacy of the original dreamer, Walt Disney, plus beautiful natural environments and global design elements filled with Disney magic and surprises, including a wishing tree in an enchanted forest and a story fountain celebrating the power and music of iconic Disney storytelling.
- World Nature is dedicated to understanding and preserving the beauty, awe and balance of the natural world. It will include The Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends pavilions.
- Journey of Water, Inspired by "Moana" will be the first experience inspired by the hit Walt Disney Animation Studios film. This lush exploration trail will invite guests to meet and play with magical, living water. The water will have a life of its own – just like Moana's friend, the ocean – and guests will learn about the importance of the natural water cycle.
- The Land pavilion's new film, "Awesome Planet," which showcases the beauty, diversity and dynamic story of the planet, will begin welcoming guests in January 2020.
- In World Discovery, stories about science, technology and intergalactic adventure come to life.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be the first "other-world" showcase pavilion at Epcot. The adventure starts in the "Galaxarium," a planetarium-like exhibition that explores the similarities and mysteries of the formation of Earth's galaxy and Xandar. Guests will be invited to learn more about the treasures Xandar has to share – until the moment when the Guardians of the Galaxy arrive, and adventures across the cosmos ensue. The attraction will feature a new innovation from Walt Disney Imagineering – a storytelling coaster that rotates 360 degrees to focus guests on the action, including the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster.
- An expansion of the Mission: SPACE pavilion, the new restaurant Space 220 will be a culinary experience featuring the celestial panorama of a space station, including daytime and nighttime views of Earth from 220 miles up. Guests will board a special elevator for a journey to a space station that is home to an incredible dining experience. Along the way, viewports will give guests real-time perspective as they travel high above the planet. Once they arrive, guests will enjoy fantastic meals and drinks while taking in views that are truly out of this world. Opening this winter, Space 220 will be operated by the Patina Restaurant Group.
- The PLAY! pavilion will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World. In this digital metropolis, guests will discover an interactive city bursting with games, activities and experiences that connect them with friends, family and beloved Disney characters – both real and virtual – like never before. As part of this new pavilion, guests will have the chance to help legendary fashion icon Edna Mode on her quest to rid the world of uninspired style, or make a splash competing in a water-balloon fight hosted by Huey, Dewey, Louie and Webby.
Guests will be able to visualize these exciting plans for Epcot when doors open October 1, 2019, for Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience in the Odyssey Events Pavilion. They will discover engaging and interactive exhibits that showcase the relentless innovation, energy and excitement driving the park's future throughout this unprecedented period of transformation.
### End of Press Release ###
The Epcot presentation at D23 Expo also included a performance led by award-winning composer Pinar Toprak of the new anthem she composed for Epcot. The new anthem received a nice round of applause from the audience and was stylistically similar to other Epcot anthems of the past.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Experience (Previously referred to as the Star Wars-themed Hotel)
From the time Bob Chapek first announced that Walt Disney World would build a Star Wars-themed hotel at the 2017 D23 Expo, the information he and the company released made it increasingly sound like the venue would be a space-version of a cruise, with each guest room having a view of space. Well, with the announcements that started with the D23 Expo 2019 Media Preview on Thursday night and continuing through Bob Chapek's announcements on Sunday on stage, he refined the details even more in that direction and, indeed, gave what he (and the company) now call an "experience" a name to match the description. The new vacation experience will be named "Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser" where guests check in for a two-night "adventure" at a "port" (located next to Disney's Hollywood Studios), are transported aboard a galactic Starcruiser named the Halcyon, where they experience activities, crew, and characters, like space-cruisers, and even make a port-of-call stop at Batuu.
Bob Chapek, Chairman Disney Park's, showed off the all new, immersive adventure, the Halcyon coming to Walt Disney World - it is a Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser and guests will have a Port Day at Batuu. Cabins will view space. #D23Expo Media Preview https://t.co/0OhJ8l6cnf— MousePlanet (@MousePlanet) August 23, 2019
The latest description varies a bit from its original description, where it sounded more like guests could choose to spend some of their time staying at the hotel by transporting back to Earth to go for visits to the other parks of Walt Disney World. After the presentation this weekned, it sounds more like the sort of all-inclusive, immersive experience (and likely priced that way) that its creators probably intended it to be.
Coming soon to @WaltDisneyWorld Resort, a new immersive #StarWars vacation experience unlike anything before! Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will offer guests a two-night itinerary where you can become the hero of your own Star Wars story: https://t.co/DIdhuQuYyp #D23Expo pic.twitter.com/lUUmxlHBug— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) August 26, 2019
Disney Press Release Text
A Star Wars vacation experience unlike anything Disney has ever created before will fully immerse guests in a galaxy far, far away when Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser debuts at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser will offer a two-night itinerary where all guests arrive and depart at the same time, similar to Disney Cruise Line. Unlike any typical cruise, though, guests can become the heroes of their own Star Wars stories in a new type of immersive experience that only Disney could create. Guests will cruise the galaxy in style aboard the Halcyon, a starcruiser known throughout the galaxy for its impeccable service and exotic destinations.
Onboard, they will stay in well- appointed cabins, experience onboard dining, make a planet-side excursion to Black Spire Outpost on Batuu, and much more. Throughout the journey, guests will be invited to delve deeper into their personal adventures by participating in onboard activities, interacting with characters, crew, other passengers they meet, and becoming part of the action and the broader Star Wars saga:
- The adventure begins when guests arrive at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World and check in for their two-night experience.
- Guests will be invited to enter a Launch Pod for transport into space. Through windows above, they'll see themselves leave the real world behind as they jump to hyperspace and draw closer and closer to the Halcyon.
- When the Launch Pod docks with the Halcyon and the airlock opens, guests will step into the ship's main deck Atrium to begin their journey through a galaxy far, far away.
- A visit aboard the Halcyon becomes a multi-day story that interweaves with members of the crew, other passengers, familiar Star Wars characters, and an excursion to Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- The all-immersive experience also features entertaining activities, such as:
- Wielding a lightsaber while facing off against a training remote, where guests just may discover their own connection with the Force.
- Visiting the starcruiser's Bridge to learn about ship systems and how to operate them, including navigation and defense – skills that may just come in handy during a journey through this adventure-filled galaxy.
Fun Facts – Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- Every window in the Halcyon – including those in each cabin – has a view of the galaxy beyond, with ever-changing vistas as the ship progresses from place to place.
- Guests will be able to explore the Halcyon and perhaps discover hidden spaces deep in the mechanics of the ship – perfect for uncovering secrets ... or holding secret meetings.
- Choices guests make during their adventure will help determine how their Star Wars stories progress.
### End of Press Release ###
Walt Disney World Resort to Celebrate 50th Anniversary Across All Four Parks
Walt Disney World Resort marks its 50th anniversary on October 1, 2021. Other than the headline, we do not have a lot of new details as a result of D23 Expo. Bob Chapek did say that the celebration will extend beyond the Magic Kingdom (which will also be celebrating its 50th Anniversary) to all four theme parks. We know from previous announcements that several attractions are due to be completed "in time for the 50th Anniversary" including Magic Kingdom's TRON Lightcycle-themed coaster and Epcot's newly named Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind. Previously, Remy's Ratatouille Adventure was in that same category, but we now know that it is scheduled to open in Summer 2020.
At D23 Expo, Bob Chapek also announced, as mentioned above, that the newly named Space 220 restaurant will open as early as this winter and that the PLAY! pavilion announced earlier this year will also open in time for the anniversary celebration. Beyond that, as Disney's press release says, "the celebration will extend beyond Magic Kingdom to each of the resort's four theme parks with highly anticipated attraction openings and new entertainment, food and beverage, merchandise, and more."
Added in to the mix during Bob Chapek's announcements is the new digital service, Disney Genie, which is expected to debut in late 2020. Disney says it "is a revolutionary new digital offering that will enhance the way guests plan for and experience a trip to Walt Disney World Resort." From the brief mention of the service during his D23 Expo presentation, Chapek said that guests will be able to tell Disney Genie what sort of experiences their party would like to have, and Disney Genie will be able to propose "an optimal day" and, if desired, attempt to book the relevant Dining Reservations and FastPass+ selections, and even change on the fly if that particular day requires it. Its logo, naturally, includes Genie from Disney's animated version of Aladdin.
Chapek also announced that D23 Members should be on the look out in the future for a contest offering them the first opportunity to test out Disney Genie.
Epcot Concerts & Candlelight Processional News and Calendar
The American Gardens Theatre will complete preparations in the coming days for the Eat to the Beat Concert Series that begins along with this year's edition of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, on August 29. The entire schedule for the Eat to the Beat Concert Series has been published (and, of course, is always subject to change, so keep an eye out for signs when you enter the park). Concert showtimes are scheduled Sundays through Thursdays at 5:30, 6:45, and 8:00 p.m., and on Fridays and Saturdays, an hour later, at 6:30, 7:45, and 9:00 p.m. Get even more details and make reservations by visiting TasteEpcot.com or calling (407) 939-3378. Note, that while the Food & Wine Festival runs until November 23, the Eat to the Beat Concert Series concludes on November 18 to allow the stage to be prepared for the 2019 performances of Candlelight Processional during the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays.
Candlelight Processional combines a live orchestra, massed choir and celebrity narrator in the retelling of the traditional Christmas story three times per night (5:00, 6:45, and 8:15 p.m.) during the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays (November 29 to December 30). Neil Patrick Harris, Gary Sinise, Whoopi Goldberg, Pat Sajak, Steven Curtis Chapman, Edward James Olmos, and Lisa Ling are all scheduled as celebrity narrators. Guaranteed seating is available by booking a breakfast, lunch, or dinner Candlelight Processional Dining Package at select Epcot eateries. Availability is limited and advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit. Bookings for Candlelight Processional Dining Packages opened on July 3. EpcotHolidays.com is the page where you can find Festival information and Candlelight Processional Dining Packages (or call 407-WDW-DINE).
For the convenience of our readers, all of the scheduled Eat to the Beat Concert Series performers and announced Celebrity Narrators for Candlelight Processional at America Gardens Theatre are shown in our Google Calendar of Epcot Events. You can add the whole Event calendar to any calendar that supports the iCal format (like iPhone and Mac) by copying this link and, as we get additional information and update the calendar, the calendar will update on your subscribed device as well.
While our Google Calendar of Epcot Events lists announced performers, it is still always best to check the My Disney Experience app, Times Guide, and, yes, sometimes even signs posted at the park entrances and at the theater noting any last minute changes. The calendar is provided as a courtesy "as is, where is" without any guarantees. We do respectfully request that you do not post our entire calendar on another site without first asking our permission. Walt Disney World Resort does provide schedules in the My Disney Experience app, but does not allow you to add dates to calendars outside the app itself.
Views Around the World
While I was at Disneyland Resort and the D23 Expo, MousePlanet's Mark Goldhaber happened to be in town and shared some views.
Photos by Mark Goldhaber.
Photos by Mark Goldhaber.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Photos by Mark Goldhaber.
This and That…
…As we have noted many times, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opens at Disney's Hollywood Studios THIS Thursday, August 29. On Wednesday, I will be there for the dedication. If you would like to virtually attend, Disney Parks Blog will be holding its #DisneyParksLIVE stream with host Mark Daniel right on that post linked in this paragraph. The stream is scheduled to begin at 9:55 a.m. Eastern time, and Bob Chapek mentioned during his D23 Expo presentation that he will be there too. We have not heard what stars of the Star Wars universe will also be on hand, so stay tuned and "May the Force be with you."
…If you are thinking of attending the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival that also begins on August 29, Disney Parks Blog has its Foodie Guide all ready for you.
…As Epcot's Food & Wine Festival progresses into fall, Epcot Resort-area's Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be amping up its Food & Wine Classic when the event returns Friday, November 8, and Saturday, November 9. Marking its 10th year, it will debut a surf party-themed area called Hang 10 on the resort's beach, with a live band, decorations, and two new dishes: Fry Basket (clams, shrimp, oysters and fries) and Hearts of Palm Ceviche. The area will also offer new beverage selections, including Spritzes and hard seltzer water. Returning themed areas include The Pig and The Poke, Chinatown, Carnival Corner, The Bubble Lounge, and a beer garden. For information and tickets, visit SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com or call 1-888-828-8850.
…Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba closed at the end of 2017 and we have been awaiting details of the new show to come to the West Side of Disney Springs pretty much ever since. During his D23 Expo presentation, Bob Chapek announced that the new show is a partnership between Walt Disney Imagineering, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and Cirque du Soleil. Previews will begin for the, as yet, unnamed show on March 20, 2020, leading up to its world premiere on April 17. The show will follow the story of a little girl whose father is an animator on a journey of discovery (yes, that is all that was revealed). The innovations that the team boasted during the presentation included that Disney animated characters would interact with the live performers in the new show. Tickets for some dates have already gone on sale online. Visit this page of CirqueDuSoleil.com for some concept art and the official links to buy tickets.
…During his D23 Expo presentation, Bob Chapek showed new concept art for the facade of the Chinese Theatre at Disney's Hollywood Studios for its upcoming new attraction Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. Disney previously announced that the new attraction is now due to open in Spring 2020, but during the Expo the Parks Pavilion graphics for the attraction and, indeed, during Bob Chapek's presentation, the only notation was the year 2020 and not the season. As we learned last year from the slight change of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge opening "Late Fall 2019," as originally advertised, to simply "Fall," this could note a shift in the expected timing of the opening of the highly anticipated first ride-based attraction to feature Mickey Mouse. Then again, it may not mean anything date-wise.
We've got a few more exciting details and sneak peeks of Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway coming to @WaltDisneyWorld and @Disneyland Resorts! https://t.co/7v1rev9Xl3 #D23Expo pic.twitter.com/uzBsZEa7YI— Disney Parks (@DisneyParks) August 25, 2019
…The Disney Parks pavilion at D23 Expo also showed off the costumes cast at Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway will be wearing when the attraction opens next year, and those to be worn by cast at the TRON-themed coaster in Magic Kingdom.
Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway cast costumes on display at #D23Expo Parks Pavilion(seen during first look media preview)- attraction to open Disney's Hollywood Studios in Spring 2020, and Disneyland later. #photobyasd #disneyshollywoodstudios #disneyland … pic.twitter.com/IdHjDXajY7— MousePlanet (@MousePlanet) August 23, 2019
Tonight's media preview of the Disney Parks pavilion at #D23Expo also showed off the TRON-themed coaster's Cast costumes for the Magic Kingdom attraction coming by 2021. #photobyasd https://t.co/l07Asc7qs7 @alandalinka pic.twitter.com/UtTywLh7rD— MousePlanet (@MousePlanet) August 23, 2019
…Bob Chapek also announced during his D23 Expo presentation that the first of three new ships joining the Disney Cruise Line fleet will be named Disney Wish. It is due to be delivered in late 2021, and sailings will begin in January 22. Rapunzel will be the character on the ship's stern.
…Speaking of Disney Cruise Line, we have previously reported that Disney was in negotiations with the Bahamian government for a new, exclusive port of call like Castaway Cay for its ships to visit. Bob Chapek announced during his D23 Expo presentation that it will be located at Lighthouse Point on the island of Eleuthera. The new port of call is intended to be a "seaside adventure camp" that takes its inspiration from the natural beauty of the location where Disney will also be engaged in conservation efforts, according to Joe Rohde, the lead Disney Imagineer on the team. Rohde says that, like Aulani in Hawaii, Lighthouse Point will pay homage and work with the many local Bahamian artists to allow art and nature to "combine with Disney magic" and create a destination "that can only exist in one place."
…Back at Walt Disney World Resort, during his D23 Expo presentation, Bob Chapek showed off new concept art for the previously announced Reflections: A Lakeside Resort, which is under construction along Bay Lake at the former site of River Country. He described the mixed use (hotel and Disney Vacation Club property) as a country resort reimagined, with accommodations included A-frame houses and treehouses. The new resort will also include a lakeside restaurant inspired by Disney's animated The Princess and the Frog.
…REMINDER: Lots of restaurants around Walt Disney World Resort will again participate in Visit Orlando's Magical Dining 2019. Including more than 120 restaurants around the Orlando area, the program in its 14th year, runs from August 23 through September 30, 2019. Participating restaurants offer special prix-fixe dinners for $35 per person, and $1 for each meal served benefits local charities. Visit the official website for Magical Dining 2019 for the list of participating restaurants and more details.
…REMINDER: The 2020 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search will open at noon Eastern on September 5, and will run through noon Eastern on September 12. Entering its 13th year, the "Search" seeks folks with personal experience with Disney Destinations and evaluates applicants based on their ability to communicate that knowledge to prospective guests in "easy-to-understand and friendly ways." As Disney Parks Blog says:
the Disney Parks Moms Panel is the "official" digital forum for Guests to ask detailed personal questions about planning a variety of Disney vacations. Helpful tips, heartfelt advice and unique insights are provided from real guests who have mastered the art of planning Disney vacations. The panel also offers tips in four languages – English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. To find out more, visit momspanelsearch.com.
…REMINDER: Disney Vacation Club has posted an online "first look" at the creation of Disney's Riviera Resort. Entitled, "The Art of Inspiration," the online, on-demand show available through October 8, 2019, at ArtofRiviera.com, includes an opportunity after viewing the video to enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a Disney vacation including a five-night stay at Disney's Riviera Resort. The material, of course, is a timeshare solicitation, so there is more fine print to see when you visit the site and we at MousePlanet are not responsible or connected to the sweepstakes in any way.
…REMINDER: Those special extra Extra Magic Hours for Disney Resort hotel guests begin September 1 and are scheduled daily through November 2 at Magic Kingdom, Disney's Animal Kingdom, and Disney's Hollywood Studios (including, of course, its Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge area).
…The MousePlanet Newsletter is here! The newsletter contains a recap of the week's articles (in case you miss a day), news that may have developed since the weekly Updates were published, and tips about what's happening at the Disney theme parks for the coming weekend. We'll also include a fun bonus, such as an Eye Spy or a trivia question. To subscribe to our free newsletter, just enter your email in the box below.
New & Coming Soon at Disney Springs
This section collects all of the Disney Springs retail and dining events we are aware of in one place along with our most recent views of the area (including those immediately under this paragraph). Event items NEW to the Update are marked accordingly. For even more of the latest news around Disney Springs, follow its official Twitter Feed: @DisneySprings.
Longtime readers of this Update know that I was a long-time Chicagoan before moving to Central Florida and taking over the digital ink in this space. As a long-time Chicagoan, I was well-familiar with the many Chicagoland restaurants (and some in other cities, including Las Vegas) owned by Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises and have often dined at several of them. This past week, Disney Parks Blog announced that the group's Beatrix restaurant will open a new venue at Disney Springs West Side (at an unspecified date or location).
Beatrix is your neighborhood restaurant, coffeehouse and grab-and-go market featuring healthy food options including vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan along with fresh-squeezed juice cocktails. The restaurant will also offer a bakery and full-service bar with a selection of all-American beer and wine.
There are several existing Beatrix restaurants in Chicagoland which you can read about at Beatrixrestaurants.com.
Wine Bar George
Master Sommelier George Miliotes leads a Champagne toast to the start of the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival at Wine Bar George featuring samples of five different sparkling wines including Ruinart Rosé, Dom Pérignon and more alongside cheese and charcuterie on Thursday, August 29, from 4-6 p.m. Tickets are $75/person (must be 21 or older) plus $4.22 EventBrite fee. Visit this EventBrite webpage for more information and tickets.
The Basket, the grab-and-go location, has introduced its newest frozen beverage: Friezling made with DOLE Whip Lime, Selbach Riesling, and Vodka. It is also available inside the the Wine Bar.
Raglan Road Irish Pub and Restaurant
THIS WEEKEND: The 8th annual Raglan Road Great Irish Hooley boutique music festival will run Friday, August 30 through Labor Day, September 2. Headliners this year include Billow Wood, Strings & Things, High Time, TradGad, Maca, The Rolling Wave, and Atlantic Bridge. Of course, the Raglan Road Irish Dancers will appear throughout, and the event has no cover charge. Watch our social media channels in the afternoon and evening on Friday, August 30, for a preview of this year's Hooley, as we have been invited to attend.
Jaleo offers "Sangria Hour" each day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sangria Hour includes happy hour-style discounts on selected tapas and $6 beverage specials on draught beer, draft wine (white and red), and sangria roja.
ALMUERZO RÁPIDO is Jaleo Disney Springs' new lunch offer available Monday through Friday from 11:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. It is lunch in an hour the José way, choosing one item from four sections on a special menu, for $25 per person. Add a glass of Red sangría for an additional $5 or a Cava sangría for $7.
THIS WEEKEND: The Second Annual "A Gatsby Evening at The Edison" will be held on Sunday, September 1. Guests are invited to get "dolled up in your best flapper attire, donning your 1920s style suits" to celebrate the great novel by "dancing the night away in style." A few glasses of complimentary Moet Champagne will be served and a selection of passed signature appetizers will be available for attendees. The evening's entertainment includes a red carpet arrival, live music, stilt walkers, an aerialist, dancers, a crystal balancer, a magician and a complimentary photo station. Doors open at 7 p.m. but only to guests 21 or older. Tickets are $79/person (plus tax and gratuity) with more information at this Patina Restaurant Group web page. NEW The Edison is offering Cast Members a 15% discount for the event.
Join Our Networks
Check here to see if a park event might fall during your next trip to the Walt Disney World Resort. If you know of any in-park events, official or unofficial, that should be listed here, please send us an email.
Just click the year you want to expand (or close).
2019 Resort Events
2020 Resort Events
- Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend - January 8-12, 2020
- Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend - February 20-23, 2020
- Star Wars Rival Run Weekend - April 16-19, 2020
- MORE EVENTS COMING SOON!
Refurbishments and Attraction Closures
Note: Not all attraction closures have been officially confirmed by Disney, and are all subject to change at any time. All refurbishment schedules are estimates only. We recommend checking for updates as you plan your visit. All information is subject to change without notice. To get the most recent updates, visit DisneyWorld.com or use the MyDisneyExperience App on your iOS or Android device.
View the different areas of the Resort by scrolling horizontally and selecting the one you want to read about.
- Astro Orbiter – closed for refurbishment
- Liberty Square Riverboat – closed for refurbishment
- Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial – No longer listed in My Disney Experience (final show was September 29, 2018).
- Stitch's Great Escape – My Disney Experience lists as "available seasonally throughout the year"
Be aware that it is increasingly unlikely it will reopen; the attraction's lobby is usually used for greeting Stitch
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Closed as of December 3, 2018 to accommodate TRON construction (reopening to be announced). Guests can visit a Walt Disney World Railroad train at Main Street Station.
- O Canada! – the film has been retired and the theatre is currently closed.
The theatre will be used as a venue during Epcot International Food & Wine Festival;
"Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360" will debut as the new film in January 2020.
- Reflections of China – the film will be retired and will be replaced with "Wonderous China" presented in a seemless 360° digital format.
- Future World "transformation" to result in closings – Major transformation announced at D23 Expo in August, My Disney Experience lists closings and relocations to come later this year:
- Innoventions East, including Colortopia and Nanooze Break will close on September 8, 2019
- Club Cool will close in its current location on September 8, 2019 (to reopen in "a new capacity at a future merchandise location")
- Fountain of Nations will close on September 8, 2019
- Fountain View featuring Starbucks will relocate to a temporary location in late Fall, 2019
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot will close on September 8, 2019 (meet characters at other locations throughout the park)
- Electric Umbrella will close in Winter 2019-20. (New dining options to be announced)
- Mouse Gear will close in its current location in Winter 2019-20. (It will move to a temporary home to be announced)
- Art of Disney will operate from a temporary location before eventually relocating to Heritage Manor at The American Adventure
- The SpectacuLAB presented by Murata (in Innoventions) – no longer open or listed in My Disney Experience
- Ellen's Energy Adventure at Universe of Energy – Permanently closed on August 13, 2017.
Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster-type attraction opens in approximately 2021.
- Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable – Closed February 3, 2018. (New film entitled "Awesome Planet" will debut in January 2020)
- Illuminations: Reflections of Earth – Final performance: September 30, 2019.
Epcot Forever debuts October 1 for a limited run which will be followed by a new nighttime spectacular "HarmonioUS" in 2020
- Liberty Inn - the fast-casual restaurant closed for reimagining starting July 8, 2019.
Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue will open later in 2019 in its place.
Disney's Hollywood Studios
- March of the First Order – Captain Phasma commanded her final parade down Hollywood Boulevard on July 6, 2019.
The First Order will "redeploy" inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge upon its opening in August
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi – Currently only available during Star Wars Guided Tours
- Disney Movie Magic (projection show) – final showing was April 30, 2019
Wonderful World of Animation (projection show) debuted May 1, 2019
- The Great Movie Ride – Permanently closed August 13, 2017.
The new Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway attraction to open in Chinese Theatre in 2020.
Disney's Animal Kingdom
- UP! A Great Bird Adventure – will go on a "brief hiatus" in mid-September for updates to the show.
Disney Water Parks
- No known closures.
- Bongo's Cuban Café– Closing in August 2019.
- DisneyQuest – Closed as of July 3, 2017.
The NBA Experience opened on the site on August 12, 2019.
- La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil – Show closed on December 31, 2017.
A new Cirque du Soleil show is in development with previews to begin March 20, 2020, and its world premiere April 17, 2020.
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Mizner's Lounge closed for refurbishment; reopening planned for fall 2019 with a new Beauty & The Beast theme.
- Caribbean Beach – The overall construction project at the Resort is expected to be completed 2019–20. The resort's new lobby, restaurants and other amenities, including Sebastian's Bistro, Centertown Market, and Banana Cabana are all now open.
- Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Big Blue Pool will close for refurbishment beginning in Fall 2020.
- Disney's Beach Club Resort – Beaches & Cream Soda Shop will be closed for refurbishment through winter 2019.
Walt Disney World Golf
- Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course – closed for refurbishment through September 5, 2019.
Current Discounts and Promotions
Note: MousePlanet does not edit past Updates to reflect price increases; for up-to-date prices, check the most recent Walt Disney World Resort Update. For your convenience, we have grouped the discount offers based on the intended audience. Check out the category that best matches you, and pick the offer that works best for you. And keep those tips coming—let us know if you find a better or different offer, so we can share it with other readers.
Be sure to move the calendar to at least seven (7) days out, to see what ticket options and discounts are available for your planned visit.
Just click the category you want to expand (or close).
My First Disney Getaway Package
For a family of three (two adults plus one child age 3-9), this new $999 package includes a two-night stay at a select Disney's All-Star Resort, plus one-day admission to Magic Kingdom and one-day admission to Disney's Animal Kingdom. The package also includes one stroller rental per day, a reusable merchandise bag, a plush toy, an autograph book and pen, and a pair of "My First Visit" Mickey Ears. Bookings must be made now through September 24 for stays most Sundays to Wednesdays between August 11 and September 25, 2019, on this page of DisneyWorld.com or by calling (407)939-2733.
Summer One World Ticket
Through August 23, you can purchase the Summer One World Ticket on DisneyWorld.com or from authorized ticket sellers including travel professionals. For $444/person plus tax, it provides one admission to each of the four Walt Disney World Theme Parks and to each of the two water parks. It can be used on any days through August 28, 2019, but, unlike park hopper tickets, it allows only one admission to each park. If you would like to visit more than one park on the same day, that would use each park you visit's admission on that same day. The ticket does not provide admission to separately ticketed park events.
4-Park Magic Tickets
Earlier this year, Disney introduced a new four park ticket that provides one admission per theme park each day that must be used within 7 days of first use or by an expiration based upon price category, whichever comes first. To purchase, call (407)939-7646 or visit this page of DisneyWorld.com
Note that tickets are nontransferable and nonrefundable, do not include admission to hard ticket events and activities. If you purchase the 4-Park Magic tickets for higher-priced dates but use them on lower-priced dates, there will be no credits or refunds issued.
As further incentive to purchase park tickets in advance, for other ticket types, you can save $20 when you buy a 3-day or longer Disney Theme Park Ticket online compared to the price of the same ticket purchased at theme park ticket windows. Visit this page of DisneyWorld.com official ticket purchasing options.
Enchanting Summer Room Offer
Save up to 25% for stays most nights in Deluxe Villas and Resorts and Moderate Resorts, or up to 15% for stays most nights in Value Resorts from May 28 through August 28, 2019 when you book through August 28, 2019.
The Enchanting Summer Room Offer varies by resort category and the savings depend upon dates which may also have length of stay requirements. The savings is based on the non-discounted price for the same room. In addition to the link, you can call (407)939-7534 for more information and availability, or you can contact your travel agent.
More offers may be available at DisneyWorld.com/save
Fall & Holiday Season Resort Hotel Offers
Save up to 20% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels in late 2019. Book through September 29, 2019 for stays most nights September 1 through September 28, 2019; and for stays most Sunday through Thursday nights September 29 through November 7, 2019. Also, book through December 24, 2019 for stays most nights November 10, 2019 through December 24, 2019.
Deluxe Villas and Resort rooms are offered at up to 20% off; Moderate Resort rooms up to 15% off; Value Resort rooms up to 10%. Visit this page of DisneyWorld.com for all the details, exclusions, dates and availability, or call (407)939-2727 or your travel agent.
Meal Vacation Package Offers
If you are considering a Walt Disney World Vacation Package that includes a non-discounted 5-night/6-day stay, Disney dining plans are included in the package when include the hotel and tickets with Park Hopper Option for arrivals most nights September 1 to 18, November 17 to 27, and December 8 to 23, 2019. Deluxe Villa and Deluxe Resort packages include the free Disney Dining Plan; Moderate and Value Resort packages include the free Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan. Everyone in the same room must be on the same package and the theme park tickets must be valid for admission on the date of check-in and be used within a limited number of days (which varies by length of stay). Gratuities are not included. Kids between ages 3 and 9 must order from children's menu where applicable. The package does not guarantee access to any specific table-service restaurants.
Read more information and exclusions, and check availability on this page of DisneyWorld.com, or call (407)939-7216 or your travel agent.
Memory Maker pre-arrival discount
Disney's PhotoPass service provides a discount on Disney Memory Maker pre-arrival packages. For $199 plus tax, Walt Disney World guests can digitally download any photos associated with their Memory Maker account, including photos taken on attractions. The advanced purchase price is $169, a $30 savings. Applicable taxes are charged to all orders.
Purchase must be made more than three days prior to arrival at the Walt Disney World Resort for the discount. All sales are final, and not eligible for an exchange or refund. Both the immediate and discount version of Memory Maker can be purchased at this page of DisneyWorld.com.
For Annual Passholders
|Expect to be required to show your Passholder Card and matching photo ID to receive a discount and other benefits.|
Passholders without Water Park admissions included that want to visit them this summer, now have the option to purchase the new Summer Splash Pass that provides unlimited visits to both Disney's Blizzard Beach and Disney's Typhoon Lagoon through September 7, 2019, for the same $69 plus tax cost as a non-discounted, one-day water park ticket. These tickets may be purchased at the ticket windows at the water parks.
H2O Glow Night tickets can be purchased by Passholders for $15 off ticket window prices by purchasing them in advance.
Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Benefits & Promotions
Epcot encourages Annual Passholders to make repeat visits to the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival by offering a number of benefits and a few "gift" items. Like recent past festivals, there are two complimentary magnets available to Passholders during the Festival ("while supplies last"). When the Festival starts, August 29, and through October 14, Passholders (with valid pass and matching photo ID) can get a complimentary Chef Minnie magnet; from October 15 through November 23, Passholders can get a complimentary Chef Remy magnet. Passholders that visit the Festival four times (as tracked by using the AP to enter the park rather than checking in at any particular location inside the park) can also receive a complimentary Chef Minnie wooden coaster set. All of the Passholder "gifts" can be picked up at Mouse Gear or Disney Traders (one of each per Passholder during the specified timeframes).
In addition to the usual 20% Passholder discount available on merchandise purchases in the park, there is also a 10% discount on Eat to the Beat Concert Series dining packages. The Festival will also have an assortment of Passholder-exclusive tee shirts, caps, mugs, pins, and more. For Passholders that purchase a special $100 Chef Minnie Disney Gift Card at Mouse Gear, Disney Traders, the Bridge Kiosk or Port of Entry (with valid pass and matching photo ID), they will also receive a $10 digital bonus to use at select Table Service restaurants at the park including Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Biergarten Restaurant, Coral Reef Restaurant, Garden Grill Restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse and Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room (where the usual 10% AP discount also remains available).
Passholders will also find exclusive character greeting opportunities at Epcot on August 29, 2019, only: Winnie the Pooh at Christopher Robin's room in the United Kingdom at Epcot.
Limited Time Promotions at Disney's Animal Kingdom
From August 29 to September 2, Disney's Animal Kingdom will also offer "Passholder-exclusive hidden menus." Visit Dawa Bar, Thirsty River, Restaurantosaurus Lounge and Nomad Lounge from 3-6 p.m. and ask for the special menu.
Passholders visiting Disney's Animal Kingdom from August 29 to September 5 can get another complimentary magnet. The special Simba magnet will be available at Discovery Trading Company with valid pass and matching photo ID (while supplies last).
On August 29 only, Passholders will also find exclusive character greeting opportunities at Disney's Animal Kingdom: Baloo, as well as Tarzan and Jane.
Remaining Summer Limited Time Special Promotions
- Receive a 10% Discount at Fife & Drum and Block & Hans – Passholders will receive a 10% discount on non-discounted food and beverage items, including alcohol, at these locations until August 18. Passholders must present their valid annual pass and photo ID to receive discount. Must use non-cash payment methods including credit and debit cards and gift cards.
- Try A "Secret" Sunshine Seasons Treat – Head to Sunshine Seasons inside The Land pavilion and ask for the Annual Passholder Secret Treat which is available for purchase until August 28 (or while supplies last).
- Get a Complimentary Sweet Treat at Coral Reef Restaurant – In addition to receiving a 10% discount at this dining location, Annual Passholders who dine at Coral Reef and purchase an adult entrée through August 28 will receive an exclusive, complimentary dessert: Prosecco Ice Cream on a Graham Cracker Crust with Blueberry Compote, Whipped Cream and Blueberry Sauce. (Limit: one complimentary dessert per adult entrée per passholder. A 10% discount applies to the non-discounted price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding applicable tax and gratuity) during all available meal periods and is valid for the Passholder and up to three (3) guests). Passholders must present their valid annual pass and photo ID to receive dessert and discount.
- Special Disney PhotoPass Opportunity – Visit Disney PhotoPass photographers at the bridge in the Italy pavilion for Passholder-exclusive props through August 28.
Other Discounts and Benefits
The other usual Passholder discounts and benefits continue as well. The updated list is at DisneyWorld.com/PassBenefits.(You may need to sign in to see the full list applicable to your pass.) Don't forget about the dedicated V.I.PASSHOLDER SUPPORT service for questions about Passholder benefits and recommendations. Call (407)WDW-PASS or on-line chat (via chat button on this page of DisneyWorld.com) daily from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern, by email (via a web form), or in-person at Liberty Square Ticket Office in Magic Kingdom, Ticket Central at Disney's Hollywood Studios, or Ticket Corner at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Many dining locations offer Passholders 10% discounts during some or all meal periods (excluding alcoholic beverages, tax and gratuity).
Through August 31, Passholders save 15% off lunch or dinner at Maria & Enzo's, Enzo's Hideaway and The Edison (for the Passholder and up to 10 Guests).
The latest information on this page of DisneyWorld.com lists discounts at many merchandise locations across Walt Disney World Resort, including locations that continue to offer 20 percent discounts off regularly priced merchandise. Remember, not all merchandise locations at Walt Disney World are owned and operated by Disney, but some of the non-Disney participants (including restaurants) offer discounts between 10 and 20% to Passholders as well. Note, the current terms and conditions include, "Discount is for personal use only and may not be used to purchase merchandise with the intent to resell the merchandise."
The latest information on this page of DisneyWorld.com lists discounts for special events and tours at locations around Walt Disney World Resort.
The latest information on this page of DisneyWorld.com lists discounts for sports, recreation, and spas around Walt Disney World Resort.
For the current list of Passholder Extras visit this page of DisneyWorld.com. Passholder Extras include information about V.I.Passholder Perks, discounts on Disney After Hours events, Animal Encounter and tour discounts, Water Park discounts, Golf discounts, and more.
Magic Strollers, "a Disney featured stroller provider," offers a $5 discount on stroller rental when staying at a Disney Resort Hotel and using coupon code WDWAP18 to arrange your rental. It is listed on the "Passholders Extras" page of the Passholder website (last checked April 15, 2019).
Visit the DisneyWorld.com Special Offers page (filtered for Passholders) and log in with a My Disney Experience account linked to your Annual Pass for information, or call (407) 939-4232 to book by phone.
If you know of an offer we haven't listed, please drop us an email with the details.
For Disney Rewards VISA Credit Card Holders
|Reminder to MagicBand users: You must still show your Disney Visa credit card to receive discounts and other benefits. Discounts are not automatically applied even if you have linked your Disney Visa credit card to your MagicBand.|
To conserve space, we have eliminated some of the participating location details of the Disney Visa Rewards offers from this section. Visit Disney Visa Rewards website for the latest participating location information.
Disney Resorts Cardmember Rates
Cardmembers may be able to book a Gran Destino Tower water view room at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort for $199/night plus tax from July 15 - September 28, 2019. Cardmember rates are also available at select Disney Resorts during that period for most nights. Call (407)939-1313 or your travel agent and ask about the Disney Visa Card offer. (Thanks to Stephanie Wien for a heads-up about this offer!)
20 percent off Joffrey's coffee/tea kiosks
Disney Visa cardholders receive 20 percent off their entire purchase at Joffrey's coffee/tea kiosks throughout Walt Disney World, including Tea Traders Café by Joffrey's, and online at Joffreys.com with code: VISABEANS
15 percent off select guided tours
Disney Visa cardholders receive 15 percent off the non-discounted price of selected guided tours for up to 10 people. The cardholder must participate in the tour, and pay with a Disney's Visa Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card. Discounts are not available on Premium VIP tours, programs exclusive to groups, or group team building programs.
10 percent off select restaurants
Disney Visa cardholders receive 10 percent off the check when you pay with a Disney's Visa Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card (be sure to request the discount). Offer excludes alcoholic beverages, merchandise, tobacco, room service, holiday buffets, tax and gratuity. Discount may not be available at all meal times. Visit this page of disneyrewards.com for the latest list of restaurants and restrictions.
10 percent off merchandise
Disney Visa cardholders receive 10 percent off at participating Disney-owned retail location when you spend a minimum of $50 and pay with a Disney's Visa Card and/or Disney Rewards Redemption Card (be sure to request the discount). Read all of the restrictions on the this page of disneyrewards.com.
Cardholders also receive 10% off select merchandise purchases of $50 or more at the following Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant merchandise locations including Basin, Basin White, Chapel Hats, Good Fortune Gifts and House of Good Fortune, kidsHeritage, Luxury of Time, Marrakesh Emporium Arts & Crafts, Joffrey's coffee/tea kiosks and Tea Traders Café by Joffrey's, Sperry and Volcom.
15 percent off all Disney spa and salon services
Disney Visa cardholders receive 15 percent off the non-discounted price of any salon treatment valued at $45 or greater or any 50-minute or longer spa service most days at the spas and salons at Walt Disney World Resort. Visit this page of disneyrewards.com for participating locations and restrictions.
10 percent off select recreation experiences
Disney Visa cardholders receive 15 percent off the non-discounted price of the recreation experiences listed below:
- Carriage Rides at Disney's Port Orleans Resort and Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Horseback Trail Rides at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Free character photos at a private meet and greet location at Epcot
Present your Disney's Visa Card for access to a private character meet-and-greet at Epcot for the cardholder and up to five guests. The event is hosted daily from 1:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the Imagination Pavilion at Epcot (enter near the jumping fountains near the exit to the Magic Eye Theater). You'll receive complimentary downloads of your photos (one time per day), which may be accessed in the My Disney Experience smartphone application (or website).
Free character photos at a private meet and greet location at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Present your Disney's Visa card for access to a private character meet-and-greet at the Star Wars Launch Bay in the Animation Courtyard at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the cardholder and up to five guests. The event is hosted daily from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. You'll receive complimentary downloads of your photos (one time per day), which may be accessed in the My Disney Experience smartphone application (or website).
For Military Personnel
2019 Military Promotional Tickets
January 1 through December 19, 2019
- Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets –$241.00
- Four-Day Park Hopper Plus Tickets – $291.00
- Five-Day Park Hopper Tickets – $257.00
- Five-Day Park Hopper Plus Tickets – $307.00
Prices do not include tax and tickets must be used by December 19, 2019.
Prices may be lower at U.S. military base ticket offices.
U.S. military personnel can also purchase the Memory Maker product for $98 through December 19, 2019.
For more information, definitions and details, visit this page of DisneyWorld.com. Disney Military Promotional Tickets may be purchased at participating U.S. military sales outlets by eligible service members or their spouses (but not both), for use by themselves and only family members and friends, as provided by Disney's rules. These tickets may not be otherwise transferred, distributed or resold. Limit six (6) tickets purchased by the military personnel (or spouse), and one ticket must be used by that member of the military (or spouse). Each ticket must be used by the same person on any and all days.
Special pricing for Memory Maker is available at Walt Disney World theme park ticket windows when purchased by eligible service members or their spouses. No more than two Memory Maker products can be purchased by an eligible service member or their spouse. Usual Memory Maker restrictions apply and a MagicBand is required to receive some digital content.
Special Rates at Resort Hotels
U.S. military personnel can enjoy discounts at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels when booking by December 19, 2018, for stays most nights through April 13, and from April 26 through December 19, 2018. Offer excludes suites in Moderate and Deluxe Resort hotels, 3-bedroom villas, campsites, Cabins at Copper Creek at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, and Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. Call (407)939-4249 for information and reservations. Eligibility details are listed on this page of DisneyWorld.com.
Read more information at militarydisneytips.com, visit your base ticket office, or when at Walt Disney World, visit Shades of Green.
If you know of an offer we haven't listed, please drop us an email with the details.
For Florida Residents
|Expect to be required to show proof of Florida Residency for discounts and benefits.|
Get Your Ears On Ticket
This special ticket provides Florida Residents (with proof of residency) 3- and 4-day park ticket options for as low as $55 per day (plus tax) for the 4-day ticket (total price $219 plus tax) and is available through August 25, 2019, and can be used any three or four days, depending on ticket purchased, through August 28, 2019. There are no block out dates.
3-Day Get Your Ears On Ticket
$199 (plus tax) – Less than $67 per day (plus tax)
4-Day Get Your Ears On Ticket
$219 (plus tax) – Less than $55 per day (plus tax)
The Get Your Ears On tickets include admission to one theme park each day. They do not include park hopping, water parks or any separately ticketed park events. Upgrade options are available. More information and tickets can be purchased at this page of DisneyWorld.com.
Florida residents can save up to 30 percent on rooms at select Disney resort hotels for stays most nights July 1 through August 28, 2019, when you book through August 28, 2019, with the Florida Resident Summer Offer.
Other Florida Resident Offers
For special tickets, passes and offers available to Florida Residents, visit this page of DisneyWorld.com.
If you know of an offer we haven't listed, please drop us an email with the details.
For Disney Vacation Club Members
Member Benefits and Discounts may be found on this page of DisneyVacationClub.com. Note: some benefits and discounts are only available to those with a valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card which is only available to Members owning at least 75 Vacation Points purchased directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc.
Call DVC Member Services at (800) 800-9800 to take advantage of most offers.
If you know of an offer that you think most Members do not know about, please drop us an email with the details.
For New England Residents
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort celebrates February's big football game victory by the team from New England by offering the Champions Package to residents of New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. For stays through December 24, 2019 (minimum stay of three nights required), the Champions Package includes $100 meal credit, which can be used at Shula's Steak House (named for NFL's winningest coach, Don Shula) or any other restaurant at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort. It also includes a "one category complimentary room upgrade that does not include suite upgrades." Guests must have valid state identification at check-in from an eligible state. More information and details of the offer are available at this page of SwanDolphin.com. More information and reservations are available by calling (800)227-1500 and mentioning "CHAMPS."
For Canada Residents
All adults using Canada resident tickets or passes must present valid proof of Canada residency that includes government-issued photo ID to exchange the certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park ticket window or Guest Relations prior to first use. The offer itself requires advanced purchase; it is not available at Walt Disney World Resort theme park ticket windows. Tickets and options are nontransferable, nonrefundable and exclude events/activities separately priced. Admission is subject to capacity closures and to other restrictions.
Check https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/ca/ for the latest offers from Disney.
If you know of an offer we haven't listed, please drop us an email with the details.
For U.K. Residents
You can see the latest offers for U.K. residents on Disney World's U.K. packages website. It now features an offer where everyone on your booking dines for FREE during their entire stay when you book a Disney Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort Hotel and Ticket package for a minimum of 5 nights in 2019; also enjoy FREE Breakfast if you stay in a Value Resort Hotel! Plus, enjoy speciality non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages during your stay!
If you know of an offer we haven't listed, please drop us an email with the details.
Share, Links, Comments & More