Is Disney overbuilding hotels?by MouseStation Crew, staff writer
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
MousePlanetWatch 13 run time 0:40:18
In the Walt Disney World news, sponsored by Small World Vacations, MousePlanet's preferred travel provider, all of the news came from this past Monday's Walt Disney World Park Update, and links to the various information reported can be found there.
All of the Disneyland news came from this past Tuesday's Disneyland Park Update, and links to the various information reported can be found there.
In The Walt Disney Company news, several stories have related links.
- We'll start with a link to the page on the Disney Investor relations site where you'll eventually be able to listen to the webcast of the conference call on Disney's second quarter earnings. You can also check out Bob Iger's March 29 appearance on NPR's Marketplace.
- Disney's Steamboat Ventures venture capital arm has provided $2.5 million in funding to tween social networking site Imbee.
- Just a note that the verdict throwing out three of the twelve claims in the Winnie the Pooh lawsuit oddly came three years to the day after the main case (which is still under appeal) was thrown out of court due to misconduct by the legal team fot the Slesinger family.
- Walt Disney Treasures Wave 7 has been announced.
- The Game Show Network has ordered 40 episodes of Camouflage from Buena Vista Productions.
- Lilo & Stitch director Chris Sanders has been signed by Dreamworks to direct Crood Awakening.
- You can redeem your movie tickets from Meet the Robinsons for Disney Movie Rewards.
MouseStation 13 run time 1:16:23
Our Tip of the Week again comes from Aaron DelPrince, who recommends tying a ribbon or string onto the handle of your stroller to make it easier to find in the sea of rearranged strollers when you exit an attraction.
Featured topic - Is Disney Overbuilding Hotels?
While discussing whether Disney has built too many hotels, we mentioned that some hotels across the street from Disneyland are just as short a walk to the parks as the Disney resorts. A great comparison of walking distances was done by Alex Stroup last year.
Mark mentioned his story All Your Dollar Are Belong To Us.
We also discussed the recent agreement to have the Four Seasons chain build a hotel at Walt Disney World, which was summed up on the Walt Disney World Park Update from March 5.
This week's Featured Attraction is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride in Fantasyland at Disneyland.
This week's Review system spotlight focuses on the Port Orleans Resorts at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. You can also find both sections, Port Orleans French Quarter and Port Orleans Riverside in our Park Guide.
This week's Ask the Kid segment featured a two-part question submitted by Maryann Fekete, who asked about Mark's son's least favorite attraction and favorite music or theme song.
This week's Magical Moment came from Bob from Childstown, RI, who called in with a great extended character experience at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Don't forget that Mike is giving away his copy of Spectrobes for free to the first person to request through our podcast email address. Somebody ask for it. Please.
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the new MousePlanet CafePress store.
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email form or the toll-free feedback line. (We like when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play it on the show.)
Mark is once again participating in the March of Dimes WalkAmerica event. Please check out his pledge page for more information, or to donate. If you'd rather donate to other causes supported by folks in the Disney Internet community, Deb Wills (AllEarsNet) is raising money to fight breast cancer and Lou Mongello (Disney World Trivia) is raising money for the Starlight Starbright Foundation to send terminally-ill children to Walt Disney World.
This Podcast uses the following samples from Freesound
- By daveincamas, 20061111NailGun.wav
- By digifishmusic, Electric_Screwdriver.wav
- By Pooleside, two_builders.wav
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the main podcast page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator.
Thanks for listening!