Same-sex Fairy Tale Weddingsby MouseStation Crew, staff writer
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
MousePlanetWatch 14 run time 0:28:01
In the Walt Disney World news, sponsored by Small World Vacations, MousePlanet's preferred travel provider, all of the news came from this past Monday's Walt Disney World Park Update, and links to the various information reported can be found there.
- Information can be found about the Old Spice Classic here.
- The announcement about the American Bicycle Association and the Wild World of Sports Complex can be found here.
- The page for the Tower of Terror 13K is located here.
All of the Disneyland news came from this past Tuesday's Disneyland Park Update, and links to the various information reported can be found there.
In The Walt Disney Company news, several stories have related links.
- Information about the Disney Princess Easter basket recall is at the Consumer Product Safety Commission's web site.
- Information regarding the Tokyo DisneySea Spring Carnival is located at the site for Tokyo Disney Resort web site.
- There's a special web site with information about Disneyland Resort Paris celebrating its 15th anniversary.
- The complete report on Theme Park attendance can be found here.
MouseStation 14 run time 1:13:36
Our Tip of the Week comes from Bill Spencer, who recommends using a child's room key to pay for meals on the Disney Dining Plan to avoid having additional items charged to your room without your realizing it.
Disney opens Fairy Tale Weddings to same-sex couples
- While discussing Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings service becoming available to same-sex couples holding commitment ceremonies, we mentioned a column by Michael Jensen at AfterElton.com. Jensen also followed up with a story commending Disney after they made the decision to open it up.
- We also mentioned the Gay Days Wedding Expo that has been held during the Gay Days event at Walt Disney World the last few years, featuring weddings planned by Sascha Voss of E.M. & Voss.
- The two major groups that have boycotted Disney over their gay-friendliness in the past, the Southern Baptist Convention and the American Family Association.
- There has also been an active discussion on our MousePad discussion forums.
This week's Featured Attraction is Mickey's PhilharMagic in Fantasyland at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.
This week's Ask the Kid segment featured a two-part question submitted by Jen from New Jersey, who asked whether Mark's son thinks that all Disney movies that he watches will have happy endings.
Mike provided this week's Magical Moment, relating a story about his family at Disneyland's 50th birthday celebration.
Don't forget that Mike is giving away his copy of Spectrobes for free to the first person to request through our podcast email address. Somebody ask for it. Please.
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the new MousePlanet CafePress store.
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email form or the toll-free feedback line. (We like when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play it on the show.)
Mark is once again participating in the March of Dimes WalkAmerica event. Please check out his pledge page for more information, or to donate. If you'd rather donate to other causes supported by folks in the Disney Internet community, Deb Wills (AllEarsNet) is raising money to fight breast cancer and Lou Mongello (Disney World Trivia) is raising money for the Starlight Starbright Foundation to send terminally-ill children to Walt Disney World.
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent and MouseAdventure tipster Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
This Podcast uses the following samples from Freesound
- By Walter_Odington, Office with Typing.wav
- By harri, photocopier_copying.mp3
- By infobandit, phone.wav
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the main podcast page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator.
Thanks for listening!