Disney News Feed for August 16by MouseStation Crew, staff writer
MousePlanetWatch 32 - news feed for August 16, 2007
Run time 0:37:29
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email Magical Moment story form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
Most of the news came from this past Monday's Walt Disney World Park Update.
- The Disney-MGM Studios theme park will have a new name come January: Disney's Hollywood Studios. Along with the name change, Walt Disney World announced several entertainment changes, the most notable of which are the replacement of the Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade with a Florida edition of Block Party Bash from Disney's California Adventure, and the complete makeover of Playhouse DisneyLive on Stage with characters from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, Handy Manny and others.
- Disney will be extending the Year of a Million Dreams through December 31, 2008. This means that the "Year" will eventually last27 months.
- Universal has matched Disney's one-day, one-park ticket price at $71. There is no word yet from SeaWorld.
- Disney is testing a new children's activity program at Typhoon Lagoon. There are about three-and-a-half weeks left in the test. If you get a chance to try it out, let us know what you think!
- Disney has announced the 2008 itineraries for Adventures By Disney. For a complete schedule, see the Park Update.
- The Tower of Terror 6.5K race has sold out. There's still space in the 13K, though.
- The reopening of Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki as Teppan Edo has been delayed to November 1.
Much of the news came from this past Monday's Disneyland Park Update.
- The Fall MouseAdventure sold out in a record 44 hours! If you want an advance email notice about the Spring 2008 edition, drop us a line.
- The Disney Gallery indeed closed last week.
- While it has not been officially announced yet, it is expected that Disneyland will also extend the Year of a Million Dreams.
- High School Musical 2 had its world premiere at the AMC theater at Downtown Disney.
- Disney has reversed their decision to pass a fee increase along to passengers on the trans-Panama Canal cruises next year.
- This is the last week for the Pirates of the Caribbean watch/litho offer.
- The Bengal Barbecue may not be dead yet.
- Disney will be releasing the Tiny Tot version of Marie Osmond's Mary Poppins doll through the Disney Gallery web site starting August 28
- We had the wrong pricing last week for Mickey's Halloween Treat. Correct pricing and online purchasing can be found here.
The Walt Disney Company News
- Disneyland Paris will again stage their incredible Halloween celebration this year, redecorating the park from October 6 through November 4.
- On Monday, Disney CEO Bob Iger sent a letter to University of Washington president Mark Emmert demanding that the school retract a press release issued last Tuesday heralding the results of a study done by three university professors that declared in its opening statement that "Despite marketing claims, parents who want to give their infants a boost in learning language probably should limit the amount of time they expose their children to DVDs and videos such as 'Baby Einstein' and 'Brainy Baby.'"
- A new Nintendo DS game from Disney might be considered Disney meets Tamagotchi.
- Miley Cyrus, star of Hannah Montana, is launching a 54-date tour in October,
co-starring with herself. Miley/Hannah is touring in support of her double-billed
set on Walt Disney Records. Third-billed on the tour, as "special guests,"
are the Jonas Brothers touring in support of their
first CD on Disney label Hollywood Records. Their
first album was on Sony Records.
DAY DATE MARKET VENUE ON SALE DATE THU 18-Oct St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center Sat, Aug 18 10am SAT 20-Oct Moline, IL I wireless Center Sat, Aug 18 10am SUN 21-Oct Minneapolis, MN Target Center Sat, Sept 8 Noon TUE 23-Oct Omaha, NE Qwest Center Sat, Aug 18 10am THU 25-Oct Denver, CO Pepsi Center Sat, Aug 18 10am SAT 27-Oct Salt Lake City, UT Energy Solutions Arena Sat, Aug 18 10am MON 29-Oct Seattle, WA Key Arena Sat, Aug 18 10am TUE 30-Oct Portland, OR Rose Garden Sat, Aug 18 10am THU 1-Nov Oakland, CA Oracle Arena Sat, Aug 18 10am SAT 3-Nov Anaheim, CA Honda Center Sun, Aug 26 Noon SUN 4-Nov San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose Sat, Aug 18 10am MON 5-Nov Fresno, CA SaveMart Center Sat, Aug 18 10am WED 7-Nov Los Angeles, CA Staples Center Sun, Aug 26 Noon THU 8-Nov San Diego, CA San Diego Sports Arena Sat, Aug 25 10am FRI 9-Nov Glendale, AZ jobing.com Arena Sat, Aug 25 Noon SUN 11-Nov Houston, TX Toyota Center Sat, Sept 15 10am MON 12-Nov San Antonio, TX AT&T Center Sat, Sept 15 Noon WED 14-Nov Ft. Worth, TX Ft. Worth Conv. Ctr. Sat, Sept 15 10am THU 15-Nov Bossier City, LA CenturyTel Center Sat, Sept 15 10am FRI 16-Nov TBD MON 19-Nov Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum Sat, Sept 15 10am TUE 20-Nov Sunrise, FL BankAtlantic Center Sat, Sept 15 10am FRI 23-Nov Nashville, TN Sommet Center Sat, Aug 25 10am SAT 24-Nov Knoxville, TN Thompson-Boling Arena Sat, Aug 25 9am SUN 25-Nov Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum Sat, Sept 15 10am TUE 27-Nov Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena Sat, Sept 15 Noon WED 28-Nov Duluth, GA Arena at the Gwinnett Center Sat, Sept 15 10am THU 29-Nov Memphis, TN FedExForum Sat, Sept 15 10am SAT 1-Dec N. Little Rock, AR ALLTEL Arena Sat, Sept 15 10am SUN 2-Dec Oklahoma City, OK Ford Center Sat, Aug 25 10am MON 3-Dec Kansas City, MO Sprint Center Sat, Sept 15 10am WED 5-Dec Auburn Hills, MI Palace at Auburn Hills Sat, Sept 29 10am THU 6-Dec Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena Sat, Sept 29 10am SAT 8-Dec Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena Sat, Sept 15 10am SUN 9-Dec Indianapolis, IN Conseco Fieldhouse Sat, Sept 15 10am TUE 11-Dec Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena Sat, Sept 15 10am WED 12-Dec Lexington,KY Rupp Arena Sat, Sept 15 10am THU 13-Dec Cincinnati, OH US Bank Arena Sat, Sept 15 10am SAT 15-Dec Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre Sat, Sept 29 10am SUN 16-Dec Rochester, NY BlueCross Arena Sat, Sept 29 10am MON 17-Dec Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center Sat, Sept 29 10am WED 19-Dec Hartford, CT Hartford Civic Center Sat, Sept 29 10am THU 20-Dec Providence, RI Dunkin Donuts Center Sat, Sept 29 10am FRI 21-Dec Worcester, MA DCU Center Sat, Sept 29 10am SAT 22-Dec Worcester, MA DCU Center Sat, Sept 29 10am THU 27-Dec Long Island, NY Nassau Coliseum Sat, Sept 29 10am FRI 28-Dec Long Island, NY Nassau Coliseum Sat, Sept 29 10am SAT 29-Dec Newark, NJ Prudential Center Sat, Sept 29 10am SUN 30-Dec Newark, NJ Prudential Center Sat, Sept 29 10am THU 3-Jan Cleveland, OH Quickens Loan Arena Sat, Sept 29 10am FRI 4-Jan Pittsburgh, PA Mellon Arena Sat, Sept 29 10am SAT 5-Jan Atlantic City, NJ Boardwalk Hall Sat, Sept 29 10am MON 7-Jan Washington DC Verizon Center Sat, Sept 29 10am TUE 8-Jan Baltimore, MD 1st Mariner Arena Sat, Sept 29 10am WED 9-Jan Albany, NY Times Union Center Sat, Sept 29 10am
- High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Princesses and Pirates are the inspiration for lines of electronics, including a 15-inch LCD TV, an iPod speaker device and a video camera.
- The High School Musical 2 Junior Novel and High School Musical: East High Yearbook have been released in support of the TV movie's premiere tomorrow.
- In the summer box office race, Transformers is maybe a week or two away from overtaking Pirates domestically. On the global stage, though, Pirates has taken in a total of $954.7 million worldwide, followed by Spider-Man 3, Harry Potter, Shrek the 3rd and Transformers.
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating!
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
We also ran a public service announcement for podcorps.org. If you're interested in recording events in your community to help preserve audio or video of spoken-word events, go to their web site and sign up!
Subscribe to the podcast
You can now choose from three ways to subscribe to the podcasts.
Combined (Main) Feed: The main feed will still continue to host both the MouseStation and MousePlanetWatch shows, and you can subscribe to that with the following links:
MouseStation Only Feed: You can also subscribe to just the MouseStation shows by using the following set of links:
MousePlanetWatch Only Feed: You can also subscribe to just the MouseStation shows by using the following set of links: