MousePlanetWatch Disney Newsby MouseStation Crew, staff writer
MouseStation 86 - MousePlanetWatch news
Run time 0:46:31
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the links at the bottom of this page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator. If you'd rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so that you can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
We're trying to decide what to do on holidays when the main MousePlanet site is not publishing new content for the day. The next instance will be Thanksgiving, when MousePlanet will not publish on Thursday or Friday that week to allow staff to enjoy the holidays. Should we publish the show on those days anyway, or should we take the days off with the rest of the site? In that particular instance, it will be a MousePlanetWatch show and a Listener Feedback show that will be skipped, though we would miss Short Subjects on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve in December. Obviously, it's not a common thing. There are a very limited number of days that MousePlanet does not publish. It's pretty much just Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Memorial Day and Labor Day. We did do a show on Labor Day this year, but we don't know whether that mattered to anybody. What do you think? The show is for you, so we'll follow your lead. Do you want us to publish shows during the holidays, or is it OK to miss shows? Let us know via email or by calling 1-866-939-2278.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email Magical Moment story form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
- Disney's Pirate & Princess Party now has official dates for its winter return.
- Annual Passholder discounts and Magic Your Way package ticket upgrades have been announced for most nights January 1 to February 13, 2008.
- Last Wednesday, Hanesbrands Inc. and The Walt Disney Company announced a 10-year partnership that includes Hanes becoming the presenting sponsor of the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and Champion gaining naming rights for the stadium at Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex,
- As part of the kickoff of the 2008 Year of a Million Dreams promotion, Disney commissioned famed photographer Annie Leibovitz to create a second series of images where celebrities take on the role of a Disney character.
- A couple claims that they were robbed at Downtown Disney on Halloween night at around 1:20 a.m.
- Stephen Ames held off a surging Tim Clark on Walt Disney World's Magnolia Course to win the Children's Miracle Network Classic presented by Wal-Mart.
- Construction Updates:
- Mayday Falls and unspecified bridges are the latest areas of Typhoon Lagoon to be targeted for work during the refurbishment.
- Restaurantosaurus and Pirates of the Caribbean are slated for roof work.
- Fire-rated AED cabinets will be installed and rewired on the first, fourth and fifth floors of DisneyQuest.
- Walt Disney Imagineering filed three permit applications, for a Mexico Show Lighting Package, a refresh of the ABC Theater at the Disney-MGM Studios, and an Innoventions Waste Management Exhibit facility package.
- In an administrative corporate action, the Walt Disney World Hospitality & Recreation Corporation merged into Walt Disney World Co. in September.
- Quick takes:
- It's a busy weekend coming up as Disney prepares to change the seasons over.
- Annual Passholders will receive a discount of 10 percent on table-service entrees and 15 percent on merchandise at the Yak & Yeti Restaurant when it opens.
- Andie MacDowell has replaced Isabella Rossellini as narrator for the Candlelight Processional December 14-16.
- Alamo Rent A Car has renewed its sponsorship deal with Disney Parks & Resorts as the official rental car company of Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
- Shannon McAleavey, formerly Walt Disney World's Vice President of Public Affairs for Government Relations, has been promoted to Senior Vice President of Public Affairs for the resort.
- Hurricane Noel blew past Castaway Cay, leaving only minor damage in its wake. When the storm forced the Disney Magic cruise ship to detour to Nassau on Friday, it was apparently the first time ever that the Magic and the Disney Wonder were docked side-by-side. MousePlanet reader Tommy Livingston was kind enough to provide photos of the historic event.
The Disney Magic and Disney Wonder sit docked side-by-side for the first time ever. Photo by Tommy Livingston.
This and other news can be found in this week's Walt Disney World Park Update.
- Thanks to a light news week, the Park Update had space for a great photo tour of the new Christmas decorations going up around the resort.
- There will be a special reunion show of the stars of the Golden Horseshoe Revue at the Anaheim Sheraton Hotel on March 29, 2008 starring Disney Legends Wally Boag & Betty Taylor, along with Dana Daniels, Kirk Wall, Dick Hardwick, Stan Freese and original Golden Horseshoe Can-Can Girls. You can buy tickets here.
This and other news can be found in this week's Disneyland Park Update.
The Walt Disney Company News
- The soundtrack for Enchanted will be released on November 20, the day before the movie hits the big screen
- Hollywood Records will be releasing more new albums with CDVU+ technology.
- A factory producing Disney-licensed goods for a merchandising partner has been accused of violating labor standards.
- The Hong Kong government is considering investing additional funds for the expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland.
- The cast of the Spanish-Language ?Desperate Housewives? was announced.by Disney and Univision.
- Former Disney Channel and Disney film star Shia LaBeouf was arrested for trespassing at a Chicago Walgreens when he refused to leave the store after 2 a.m. when asked by a security guard.
- Microsoft is now selling ESPN videos on the Xbox 360 Live platform.
- Disney?s Pirates of the Caribbean Online is now finally live. Mike reviewed the game, and was extremely disappointed with the game and its performance on his computer. He rated it as a 2 on a scale of 1-5. He has hopes that it will improve in the future as they continue to develop it.
- Michael Eisner now apparently expects Bazooka Joe to serve as a Mickey Mouse-like icon for the Topps Co. that he recently purchased.
- Disney movies slipped slightly, still placed four movies in the top eleven in last weekend's box office, three from Buena Vista Pictures Distribution and one from Miramax.
- In news breaking as we went to post-production, popular Imagineer and author Bruce Gordon passed away over the weekend. MousePlanet will soon run a full tribute to Bruce. Our condolences go out to his father, his sister, his friends and his fans.
You can send us feedback via email or by calling our toll-free feedback line at 1-866-939-2278. Don't forget that we love voicemails because then we can put your voice on the show!
We also wanted to remind you that we have now scheduled our MouseFest meet for the podcasts. The MouseStation Hustle-tini Meet will begin at 5:30 p.m. at Classic Concoctions in the Everything Pop food court at Disney's Pop Century Resort for Bluetinis to get our nerve up to get up and boogie. We'll make sure that we're in the lobby before 6 p.m. so that we can do The Hustle, then return to Classic Concoctions or elsewhere to record some more for the podcast. For more information on the Hustle-tini or any other MousePlanet-sponsored meet at MouseFest, check out our MouseFest information page.
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating for the combined feed!
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast