MousePlanetWatch Disney Newsby MouseStation Crew, staff writer
MouseStation 104 - MousePlanetWatch news
Run time 0:23:29
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the links at the bottom of this page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator. If you'd rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so that you can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278). You can also make suggestions by replying to this post.
If you want to contribute a story for our Monday Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email Magical Moment story form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
Walt Disney World News
- Spaceship Earth has begun sneak previews, but there is still stuff that could be improved. (notes in the Park Update with photos)
- Interest-free financing was announced during the special meeting for DVC Old Key West owners considering the 15-year extension. There was a bunch of other information discussed there, as well.
- The Disney Cruise Line announced their plans for 2008 and 2009 while we await the new ships in 2011.
- Quick takes:
- A 63-year-old woman was arrested for attempting to enter the Magic Kingdom with a loaded handgun, a pair of scissors and a locked-blade knife.
- Adventures by Disney has cancelled the "Coasting the Golden State" tour for 2008.
- Disney is partnering with Best Friends Pet Care, Inc. to have the Connecticut-based company operate its existing five kennels, as well as create a themed resort for the pets, where each service entails an extra charge.
- We've finally heard rumblings of the dates for the closure of Nine Dragons for its refurbishment.
This and other news can be found in this week's Walt Disney World Park Update.
- Disneyland has filed for a liquor license; but it's only an umbrella for all special events.
- The River Belle Terrace refurbishment is almost done.
- Two hotel plans have been submitted for Anaheim GardenWalk.
- SunCal has asked for a new vote on resort housing plan opposed by Disney.
- AMTRAK is offering a free companion fare to military.
- The Carlsbad Planning Commission is backing some Legoland proposals.
- There's a new Breakfast with Santa promotion at Naples Ristorante in Downtown Disney.
This and other news can be found in this week's Disneyland Park Update.
The Walt Disney Company News
- Steamboat Ventures has invested in Scrapblog, in Intenet community and watchdog site.
- Steamboat also announced that it had acquired a stake in EdgeCast.
- Anne Sweeney was named Hollywood's most powerful woman for the year.
- Enchanted had another strong week at the box office.
You can send us feedback via email or by calling our toll-free feedback line at 1-866-939-2278. Don't forget that we love voicemails because then we can put your voice on the show!
Don't forget that we're holding a contest to encourage you to donate to Broadway Care/Equity Fights AIDS. Everyone that donates to the cause through Mike's donor page will receive an entry into the random drawing for an "Anything Can Happen" bookmark signed by Nicole Bocchi and Henry Hodges, who played Jane and Michael Banks the night that Mike saw the show. The bookmark includes a nickel-sized star that was part of a costume worn in the show during the grand finale. The bookmark says "Mary Poppins, Broadway 2007." This phase of the fundraising campaign runs through December 4, so you've got until then to donate. It doesn't matter how much you give. Any donation will get you entered into the contest. You can see the bookmark in question in the show notes for Episode 93.
Please take a few minutes to complete our listener survey. It helps us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast.
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating for the combined feed!
Thanks to our West Coast correspondent Andrew Rich, and audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng.
Thank you for listening!
Subscribe to the podcast