World Explorers and Space Mountain Rebootedby MouseStation Crew, staff writer
MouseStation 364 - World Explorers and Space Mountain Rebooted
Show run time 0:26:38
On today's show, Mark talks about MouseAdventure: World Explorers and his rides on the soft opening of Space Mountain, which officially opens this coming Sunday, and by doing so proved that he can record a pretty good show by himself in his sleep.
You can subscribe to MouseStation from the links at the bottom of this page, or via your favorite podcast aggregator. If you'd rather pop up our podcast radio player into a separate window so that you can continue browsing MousePlanet in this window, click here. (NOTE: Our podcast radio requires Adobe Flash Player. You can dowload the player here.)
Let us hear from you!
Send in your suggestions, comments or tips via our email feedback form or via voicemail on our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278).
We've put together a new listener survey to help us learn more about you and what you like most about this podcast. This one is much more targeted than the old Podtrac survey. Please take a few minutes to fill it out and let us know what you think.
If you want to contribute a story for our Tuesday Magical Moment segment (and possible inclusion in the Cast Place column here on MousePlanet), you can either use our email Magical Moment story form or the toll-free feedback line. (We love it when you use the voice mail system, because then we can play your call on the show!)
MouseAdventure at Walt Disney World on November 14, Disneyland on December 12
Time is running out to register for MouseAdventure: Reindeer Games at the Disneyland Resort on December 12! Get your team ready and register now!
Also, don't forget to sign up for the MouseAdventure Newsletter, which will keep you informed about all things MouseAdventure
Feature: MouseAdventure: World Explorers
Mark talked a bit about this past weekend's MouseAdventure at Epcot.
The day started with breakfast at the Odyssey. How cool is that? Mark talked a bit about the history of the restaurant.
Mark's Mistakes and Omissions:
- There were actually 30 teams that played the full day (subtract one no-show, one sick drop-out and one "not for me" dropout from 33.
- Podcast listeners (and hosts of the Disney, Indiana podcast) Tracey and Scott Morris helped to staff the event, acting as spies.
- The Future World quest packet had seven additional quests, for a total of 8 quests in Future World.
- The Nemo quest had the words appear in a word search, not a crossword puzzle.
- Club Cool was out of Kinley Lemon, so the teams taking the "Sweet" quest only had to drink seven shots.
- The "UK" quest actually had to be moved to the area in front of the gate for World Showplace.
- Simba's Pride became a Masters team by winning their third MouseAdventure.
Feature: Space Mountain Rebooted
Mark got in to ride Space Mountain during the soft opening on Sunday.
Mark's Mistakes and Omissions:
- The panels in the middle third of the queue show Space Stations at the various locations in the galaxy..
- At other locations, Space Mountain is sometimes referred to as "Space Station Seventy-Five."
- Depending on how far the line moves, you may get a second try at the interactive games in the queue.
- You get to the final part of the queue, not "the final part of Space Mountain" in the open room.
- You can find pictures of the inside of Space Mountain in Monday's Park Update.
Overall, Mark did a good job of recording a podcast in his sleep.
What do you think? Let us know by sending us an email or calling our toll-free feedback line (1-866-939-2278)!
Twitter/Facebook poll questions
Here are the responses to some questions that Mark was asking on Twitter and Facebook in the last week. If you'd like to get in on answering these questions in the future, you can follow Mark on Twitter or friend him on Facebook.
What's your favorite secret or hidden feature at Epcot?
- It's less hidden now than it used to be, but I love the little art gallery in Morocco. On my last visit, they had added a very prominent sign but it used to be very subtle. It is a very peaceful and beautiful spot with some wonderful artifacts.
- when we were there a few weeks ago (september) there was no sign, we found it by mistake and were the only ones in there.
- Being able to test-drive a Segway!
- Not really so hidden, but many people miss it.....the rose garden walkway between future world and world showcase.
- Segway tour or any of the behind-the-scenes tours ... they always make me feel like a VIP. Also, the IllumiNations cruises.
- Oh, oh, the talking trash cans and water fountains! I almost forgot about those. :-)
- The cool and quiet restrooms at the Odyssey between Future World and World Showcase. Never a line and always clean.
- I don't know if it is considered a secret, but we like the Behind The Seeds tour.
- I love the Boulangerie hidden away in France! Lovely stop for a little break!
- I enjoy being able to wander around Morocco and through the little bazaar and feel like no one is around.
- The large plastic coke bottle banks in the corner that you can store Beverly in!
- The secret Mickey on the soaring ride! It's on the golf ball that is hit....
- That you can see the Tower of Terror blending into the Morocco pavilion from the bridge between the WS plaza and Mexico.
- Fave "secret" is DiveQuest. Second fave: watching Illuminations from a skiboat on the water.
- The tin toy/robot museum in Japan.
- I'm a fan of the Disney Visa character meet in Innoventions with the free photo
- My favorite secret or hidden feature at Epcot is the garden behind the United Kingdom pavilion.
Join our networks
Join our Facebook groups:
Become a fan on Facebook:
Don't forget to go to the iTunes podcast directory and give us a good rating for the combined feed!
You can get your MousePlanet (or MouseStation) swag from the MousePlanet CafePress store and the MouseStation CafePress store. If you'll be running the Walt Disney World Marathon, the Disneyland Half Marathon or any other endurance event, or even just trying to keep fit, you can also get your Team MousePlanet running wear from our Team MousePlanet Zazzle store!
Also remember to go out to our main podcast page and stick a pin into our Frappr map.
Thanks to our audio engineer and sound editor Steven Ng and to announcer Andrew Rich.
Thank you for listening!